ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

I agree with Cap, on the Oasis map, the allies just stand i front of the wall and don't move anywhere. And some maps have have flows and artifacts of unfinished textures...  like a temple., maybe we don't need them?

And btw, bots don't place dynamite near the first barrier on the fa_bremen_final map, they are start to blunt and twist around the truck

Edited by Dimo4ka

You can just make a rotation of maps with the highest rating and use them. What about maps with low rating, many probably don't see the practical meaning in them. There're time-tested maps that everyone likes. And so, rotation can be smaller and simplier, well, if you don't include event maps, of course, they are needed for the atmosphere :) like (Xmas maps, Halloween etc.)  In other case, you can reduce the choise, make it better of course. 

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, Dimo4ka said:

and why so many maps? Some maps have a very bad rate and, as practice shows,  they are simply skipped. 

This was my point, too. Just use the most popular maps, even if it's only 6 or 7 or so

• Administrators
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

This was my point, too. Just use the most popular maps, even if it's only 6 or 7 or so

We had that - even that people complained why 7 maps.. OMG, we are dying for new maps, DD add more... Now people are saying reverse... Seriously, it's crazy if you ask me. 

Nothing in reference to you or anyone but damm if u add maps and damm as well if you don't. No one seems to be ever happier...   

This proposed next rotation and looking by your comments, I am guessing, you are not going to be happy about it. If you are great, then good... and if not, nothing wrong with to be honest.. you have your own rights.. Send me the rotation in 1-2 days, please, so I can review it. Thanks. 

rotation_7
supplydepot2, 0, 64,
UJE_the_ghetto_xmas, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 50,
UJE_christmas_tank, 0, 64,
raid_final,6,40,
UJE_xmas_factory, 0, 64,
UJE_castle_xmas, 0, 40,
bulldog, 0, 32,
UJE_mountain_attack, 0, 64,
cluedo, 0, 32,
uje_snow_patrol, 0, 64,
UJE_oasis_xmas, 0, 64,
UJE_goldrush, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 52,
storehouse, 10, 64,
et_slide, 0, 52,
et_tundra_beta4a, 0, 40,
fa_italy_b3_fixed, 6, 64,
midnightraid_b1, 0, 40,
purefrag, 0, 26,
et_ice, 0, 40,
praetoria_m2, 12, 52,
northpole, 0, 64,
el_kef_final, 0, 44,

12 hours ago, Dimo4ka said:

You can just make a rotation of maps with the highest rating and use them. What about maps with low rating, many probably don't see the practical meaning in them. There're time-tested maps that everyone likes. And so, rotation can be smaller and simplier, well, if you don't include event maps, of course, they are needed for the atmosphere :) like (Xmas maps, Halloween etc.)  In other case, you can reduce the choise, make it better of course. 

All suggestions are welcome. Please create rotation of your choice. If anyone complains on it and I am 100% sure, someone will, I will send them your way :) Thanks. 

• Administrators
On 12/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, captnconcrete said:

this is what i found .  maybe we just need to have fa oasis !!!

Can you please test that with @mraw435 on our test server. If Oasis_FA version works great with waypoints, I can add that up, no issues. 

• Like 3

xmas maps hell yeah!!!!!!!!! maybe i can get some of the pop back now ..lol

u do know dare that even 95 percent of the admins recruited on jay2 gave up also right. theres really not to many left who care. and ones who do get told off. just put the redirect on jay1 back way it was. that will fix the dead server . dimo is a very friendly regular on jay2. very devoted player.

an fa oasis worked last time it was on jay2.....

also i dont remember anyone  asking for more maps . just  swaping em out more regular .. we did go what 5 months on same rotation.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

xmas maps hell yeah!!!!!!!!! maybe i can get some of the pop back now ..lol

u do know dare that even 95 percent of the admins recruited on jay2 gave up also right. theres really not to many left who care. and ones who do get told off. just put the redirect on jay1 back way it was. that will fix the dead server . dimo is a very friendly regular on jay2. very devoted player.

an fa oasis worked last time it was on jay2.....

also i dont remember anyone  asking for more maps . just  swaping em out more regular .. we did go what 5 months on same rotation.

Thx mate 😄 Yes, before Oasis was ok, but now we have a trouble. Btw, yesterday many players just disconnected when they saw that the bots were just standing there and getting in the way :( 

11 hours ago, daredevil said:

We had that - even that people complained why 7 maps.. OMG, we are dying for new maps, DD add more... Now people are saying reverse... Seriously, it's crazy if you ask me. 

Nothing in reference to you or anyone but damm if u add maps and damm as well if you don't. No one seems to be ever happier...   

This proposed next rotation and looking by your comments, I am guessing, you are not going to be happy about it. If you are great, then good... and if not, nothing wrong with to be honest.. you have your own rights.. Send me the rotation in 1-2 days, please, so I can review it. Thanks. 

rotation_7
supplydepot2, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 50,
raid_final,6,40,
UJE_xmas_factory, 0, 64,
UJE_castle_xmas, 0, 40,
bulldog, 0, 32,
cluedo, 0, 32,
uje_snow_patrol, 0, 64,
UJE_oasis_xmas, 0, 64,
UJE_goldrush, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 52,
storehouse, 10, 64,
et_slide, 0, 52,
et_tundra_beta4a, 0, 40,
midnightraid_b1, 0, 40,
purefrag, 0, 26,
et_ice, 0, 40,
praetoria_m2, 12, 52,
northpole, 0, 64,
el_kef_final, 0, 44,

All suggestions are welcome. Please create rotation of your choice. If anyone complains on it and I am 100% sure, someone will, I will send them your way :) Thanks. 

Hmm, of course, someone will be against it 😄 everyone's choise should be taken into account. But as for me, the best rotation will be:

Raid_final

Venice ce4

Goldrush

Pirates

SupplyDepot

Fa_bremen (but with fixed waypoint for bawts)

SP_delivery

Braundorf

Aldernest

Frostbite

Caen2 (or library_b3)

in my opinion, 9-12 maps will be enough. Of course some maps can be changed. This top i'm writing from personal expirience. i dont remeber all maps ratings :( Doing too little won't make sense, a lot too :) Event maps can be added on top or replace old ones

• 100 1

13 hours ago, daredevil said:

Can you please test that with @mraw435 on our test server. If Oasis_FA version works great with waypoints, I can add that up, no issues. 

tested/success with both FA Oasis.b2 and .b3 --- i recommend FA_Oasis.b2 to start off with (in lieu of the current sw_oasis) to add some variation for folks (bawts work know where to go too!) 

@Dimo4ka i dont remember there being issues with bawts on FA-Bremen.... were they just standing around like the Oasis issue or getting stuck at certain obstacles?  thanks!

1 hour ago, mraw435 said:

tested/success with both FA Oasis.b2 and .b3 --- i recommend FA_Oasis.b2 to start off with (in lieu of the current sw_oasis) to add some variation for folks (bawts work know where to go too!) 

@Dimo4ka i dont remember there being issues with bawts on FA-Bremen.... were they just standing around like the Oasis issue or getting stuck at certain obstacles?  thanks!

they dont build truck.  an after trucks thru first barrier  they try to build truck when its not there.

Edited by captnconcrete

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

they dont build truck.  an after trucks thru first barrier  they try to build truck when its not there.

look, they are circling the truck in front of 1-st barrier and doing nothing but repairing the truck (although the bots must place the dynamite to blow up the barrier), @mraw435 saw this today, i showed him

On the second barrier everything is going well :) 

Edited by Dimo4ka

thanks @Dimo4ka for showing me in-game the bremen issue

On Jay2, looks like the first truck barrier - allied bawt engies will not plant dyno. I was able to recreate the issue on testserver using the waypoints from here:

Solution: 

I looked through the fa_bremen_final_goals.gm to find the outlier and I was able to make a slight edit which fixed the problem on the test server. 

PLANT_Truck_Barrier_1 = 

[a whole bunch of stuff here bla bla bla bla]
            },
        },
        CreateOnLoad = 0,
        ExplosiveType = 1,
        GoalType = "PLANT",
        GroupName = "allies3",   <---------- (remove this term)
        MinRadius = 0,
        Name = "PLANT_Truck_Barrier_1",
        Orientation = Vec3(-1.571, 0.000, -0.000),
        Position = Vec3(1293.550, 942.302, 93.255),
        Radius = 0,
        TagName = "Truck Barrier 1",
        TeamAvailability = 4,
        Version = 1,

Edited by mraw435
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

rotation_7
supplydepot2, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 50,
raid_final,6,40,
UJE_xmas_factory, 0, 64,
UJE_castle_xmas, 0, 40,
bulldog, 0, 32,
cluedo, 0, 32,-------------remove not good one on jay2.
uje_snow_patrol, 0, 64,
UJE_oasis_xmas, 0, 64,
UJE_goldrush, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 52,
storehouse, 10, 64,
et_slide, 0, 52,-----------this maps not fun  on jay2.
et_tundra_beta4a, 0, 40,
midnightraid_b1, 0, 40,
purefrag, 0, 26,
et_ice, 0, 40,
praetoria_m2, 12, 52,
northpole, 0, 64,
el_kef_final, 0, 4

id love to see this rotation up asap plz. @daredevil @mraw435 @Unknown

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1