ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

On 3/28/2024 at 2:31 AM, mraw435 said:

hi all - thank you for your patience! Maps will be updated in 2 days with the following list:punk:

et_mor2_night_final,0,64,
supplydepot2,0,40,
fueldump,0,36,
sp_delivery_te,0,40,
radar,0,30,
mlb_hotchkiss,28,54,
fa_bremen_final,0,40,
adlernest,0,40,
etdo1,26,64,
fa_oasis_b3,0,64,
venice_ne4,0,64,
etdo6,36,64,

v2_factory,0,50,
goldrush-gals,0,64,
fa_temple,18, 44,
decay_b7,0,40,
braundorf_final,0,34,
teuthonia_final,0,48,
bba0-beta2,14,64,
resurrection,38,64,
warbell,30,64,
et_beach,0,64,
fa_italy_b3,0,64,
baserace,0,38,
am_hydro_dam,22,64,
UJE_00,30,64,
haunted_mansion,12,40
school,0,40,

I thought this was gonna be new rotation

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I thought this was gonna be new rotation

New rotation doesn't mean all 100% maps changed. Feel free to suggest the change, will rotate quick.

Remove Map A and add Map X - standard format.  If any new great suggestion will rotate in next 2-3 days. I was struggling to find good maps which works for all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2024 at 2:17 AM, daredevil said:
et_mor2_night_final,0,64,
supplydepot2,0,32,
sp_delivery_te,0,40,
fueldump,0,36,
pirates,0,40,
capuzzo,12,64,
fa_bremen_final,0,40,
adlernest,0,40,
etdo1,26,64,
fa_oasis_b3,0,64,
venice_ne4,0,64,
etl_beach,0,32,
etdo6,36,64,
goldrush-gals,0,64,
decay_b7,0,40,
braundorf_final,0,34,
teuthonia_final,0,48,
castleattack_b5,34,64,
warbell,30,64,
fa_italy_b3,0,64,
river_port,0,64,
kerkyra,0,64,
bba0-beta2,14,64,
oasi,0,32,
sw_cathedral_b7, 0, 32,

Apologies for late updates. 

Why keep castle attack if it has like 400 downvotes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, w4daw said:

What issue do you find with map "castle_attack"? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tipsy said:

What issue do you find with map "castle_attack"? 

I can maybe speak for everyone who dislikes this map. It's very linear, basic and poorly designed. First area of the map has almost no relation to the second area. Map is big just for the sake of it, often resulting in many empty areas. After 2nd stage the game often splits into 2 main parties, people camping roofs (shooters, arti) and people camping underground (flamers, poison, tunnel rifle nades) which makes the game experience in this map very predictable and therefore not very enjoyable. Also, once you grab objective and successfully leave the poison/flamer/rifle nade camping area it's game over, there's nobody in first area to defend.. and nobody really cares tbh. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

I have seen Axis camping/hiding by obj deliver area and killing the obj holder before it can be placed way too many times. I found map every enjoyable with so much variety available and less dieng from arty and mortar. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

45 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

I can maybe speak for everyone who dislikes this map. It's very linear, basic and poorly designed. . 

Allies have 3 routes from the beginning: 1. the main open area tank route 2. the underground CP route 3. the Axis teamdoor route

Final stage is even more non linear.

I don't agree with the lineal comment. The epitome of linear maps is Minas Tirith (absolute linear and very long), where you have one route only until gate 6.

The texture and general appearance may look a bit dated, but overall a map with long playing time.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

i think one of the biggest problems with castle attack is the second stage where allies camp roof and not really play for the objective and just make some axis miserable, in most maps if the attacking team camps the enemy spawn in a similar way like they can do in castle attack it means that people playing for the objective have an easier time doing their job, effectively progressing the map, but in castle attack doesnt really feel like that since the most important part is underground and this underground part seems very small for a populated server and becomes very difficult to navigate and dodge all the nades and heavy weapons

so we have 2 different groups of people, one group playing on top camping/getting camped and not really progressing the map and a second group playing for objective undeground where it becomes an unpleasant clusterf***

Edited by LaPerraJulia
  • 100 1

• Administrators

All this discussion - will get lost to be honest.. That's why 'map specific' topic discussion. Each map is available in our download section. Start discussing their and we can use map specific feedback before we add/remove. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

Posted (edited)

I got disappointed today, played like 4-5maps waiting for Minas and it is gone. 

Had no time lately. Was coming only for Minas. And why leaving castle 🏰 instead of Minas... 

I guess I no longer need to rush at around 7_8 pm eu time to play Minas 😐

Edited by COc0NuT
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, COc0NuT said:

Had no time lately. Was coming only for Minas. And why leaving castle 🏰 instead of Minas... 

To slightly modify what the great Arnold Schwarzenegger - [It'll] be back! Just need to take everyone's position in mind and give certain maps a break here and there. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, COc0NuT said:

Minas will be back next week if no one suggest any good maps to add. 

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 4:47 AM, Cloudy said:

Can’t wait to frag on some new maps! Thanks @daredevil🍻

Define "new"?

On 6/6/2024 at 2:00 PM, Bunny said:

Am i blind or why this looks exactly the same rotation we've had for long time now?

There are a few differences. Like BBA is back. I would have loved to trade in River Port or Kerkyra for Ressurection

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, w4daw said:

Cause I'm the 1 upvote lol

16 hours ago, PHNTM said:

I can maybe speak for everyone who dislikes this map. It's very linear, basic and poorly designed. First area of the map has almost no relation to the second area. Map is big just for the sake of it, often resulting in many empty areas. After 2nd stage the game often splits into 2 main parties, people camping roofs (shooters, arti) and people camping underground (flamers, poison, tunnel rifle nades) which makes the game experience in this map very predictable and therefore not very enjoyable. Also, once you grab objective and successfully leave the poison/flamer/rifle nade camping area it's game over, there's nobody in first area to defend.. and nobody really cares tbh. Hope this helps. 

Sounds like Minas

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1