ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

I hope Minas stay instead of Fueldump :x

Im fine with other changes :)

ConQ

• Like 3
  • 100 1

On 1/12/2024 at 3:50 PM, tipsy said:

It gets boring with DJ on et_beach. Axis jumps and keeps taking the flag.. it mostly turns into a battle of flag. 

Coming back on the last posts of this thread:

it's not the only map where there is a battle for the flag. In Italy, whoever gets the command post spawn controls the game, and a big part of the game time is dedicated on the battle for the CP. Same in Capuzzo for the CP (though axis usually cant afford to fight so fiercely for it). I'd say it's part of the game.

Besides Jaymod double jump necessarily changes the paradigm so a lot of inaccessible platforms or routes become standard solutions. Attacking teams are accelerating and jumping above fences and walls in Fueldump, Supply, etc. and can reach the roof in River Port or Kerkyra.

anyway etbeach remains a popular map without major glitches or specific management needs.

Haunted mansion would be nice too to add back in the rotation 😃 very tactical and well balanced difficulty all along, despite the fairy tale approach.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 12:47 PM, *ConQuerY* said:

I hope Minas stay 

+1 for this 😄

• 100 2

4 hours ago, Lagging Noob said:

Haunted mansion would be nice too to add back in the rotation 😃 very tactical and well balanced difficulty all along, despite the fairy tale approach.

It will be in the rotation, check @mraw435 previous post, back in the comments. He posted the list of the new rotation. 

🙂

Edited by Caipirinha
inserted @
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

46 minutes ago, Dropz said:

+1 for this 😄

+1 
I can't play so often lately, but I try to come on minas, as this is my favourite map. Years ago played fp2, fp3 is a bit different but still I love it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Caipirinha said:

It will be in the rotation, check @mraw435 previous post, back in the comments. He posted the list of the new rotation. 

🙂

Cool, very nice to hear ! 👍👍👍

I discover the map on Jay1 btw 😁 unlike most others; so special kudos to whoever manages the rotation.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 1:31 AM, mraw435 said:

hi all - thank you for your patience! Maps will be updated in 2 days with the following list:punk:

et_mor2_night_final,0,64,
supplydepot2,0,40,
[...]
haunted_mansion,12,40
school,0,40,

I can see 2 numbers at the end of each line, can i understand it like the min and the max numbers of players for the map to be played or skipped ?

Like haunted mansion will be played with at least 12 players and at most 40 ?

When the server evaluates the number of players for maps to be played or skipped, does it make the difference between the specs or non-specs ? or is it just the total number of connections ?

Nice touch bringing school back in the rotation btw 😃

• Like 2

When is the rotation changiiiing :D?? i know the new one is posted here but when is it actually going to change :D?

• Haha 2

Great job!

One thing I noticed that can improve the rotation in general:
Is to add the same function the objective-and-time-process of Venice, as Minas has.

In Minas, for every gate the Axis explode, 5 or 10 minutes is added. This is done to prevent getting stuck, and always have an action packed experience of balance.

The similar thing can be done to maps like Venice, which is often stuck. For example give Allies 10 minutes when the tank passes through the first gate. And similarly give Allies another 10 minutes when the tank breaks the doors to the library, finally another 10 minutes when the boat is stolen.

This way we can avoid the eternal recurrence of being stuck in that map, forever and ever.

Similar thing can be implemented with Goldrush, and maybe a few other maps.. what other maps do people suggest?
This would greatly improve the server experience and the complaints and fights about each map will be reduced as well, creating social harmony on our server.

• Platinum VIP
20 hours ago, tyrlop said:

Great job!

Is to add the same function the objective-and-time-process of Venice, as Minas has.

In Minas, for every gate the Axis explode, 5 or 10 minutes is added. This is done to prevent getting stuck, and always have an action packed experience of balance.

The similar thing can be done to maps like Venice, which is often stuck. For example give Allies 10 minutes when the tank passes through the first gate. And similarly give Allies another 10 minutes when the tank breaks the doors to the library, finally another 10 minutes when the boat is stolen.

This way we can avoid the eternal recurrence of being stuck in that map, forever and ever.

Similar thing can be implemented with Goldrush, and maybe a few other maps.. what other maps do people suggest?
This would greatly improve the server experience and the complaints and fights about each map will be reduced as well, creating social harmony on our server.

No need on Venice when the boat is stolen. Typically, almost everytime they steal the boat, they won the map

• 100 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:19 AM, tyrlop said:

Great job!

River Port, Italy, Kerkyra, Teuthonia, 

(any map with 2 tank barriers)

• 100 1

On 3/28/2024 at 2:31 AM, mraw435 said:

hi all - thank you for your patience! Maps will be updated in 2 days with the following list:punk:

????

• Haha 3
  • 100 1