RIP RaY; ingame Explo!d

AnneLa

None of us expected it, Ray had not told any of us about his problem... If only we had known there was something wrong, there could have been a chance of stopping his death. Every time I had talked to him he always seemed happy, talkative, him and me always laughed at each others jokes. I knew him ever since I had started playing ET about 2-3 years ago... May he rest in piece, I know I am not the only one waiting for the last seen date to change from January 19th...

RIP Ray, we will miss you... And yes I have repeated this 4 or 5 times but, he was a good friend to me, this counts as a huge loss...

• Like 2

None of us expected it, Ray had not told any of us about his problem... If only we had known there was something wrong, there could have been a chance of stopping his death. Every time I had talked to him he always seemed happy, talkative, him and me always laughed at each others jokes. I knew him ever since I had started playing ET about 2-3 years ago... May he rest in piece,

I know I am not the only one waiting for the last seen date to change from January 19th... 

For sure you are not the only one i check his profile everyday :/

RIP Ray, we will miss you... And yes I have repeated this 4 or 5 times but, he was a good friend to me, this counts as a huge loss...

• Like 1

I will say it my national language:

"Śpieszmy się Kochać ludzi, bo tak szybko odchodzą" - "Let all be in a hury to love people, that they so fast gone away"

Dear Explo!d
I was always mad about your goombas

Sadly You are no longer make me mad

I wish you would do.

• Like 5

I am shocked at finding out what has happened with Explo!d / Ray. I knew him for a few years, great guy. I'm truly out of words, It only seems like yesterday you were shooting me with the m97 to the face. If i had known i would have tried to cheer you up somehow. I only found out today as i have been not active the past month or so, but i am truly shocked and very saddened by your passing, never had i thought someone so kind and friendly could be in so much pain. I had a great time fragging online with you at all hours of the days and nights and cracking jokes with you as well. You were a good friend and a great person you always made me laugh and smile, everything that you said was always positive and not once can i recall anything negative from you at all , I will miss you buddy, it was a pleasure knowing you, the world really did lose a shining light.

My condolences to you AnneLa and his family and friends, he was a great person.

Rest in Peace Brother

Your Friend

~LOWLIFE~

Edited by LOWLIFE :D
  • Like 4

• Clan Friend

If i had known i would have tried to cheer you up somehow.

You don't have to feel guilty for that.

It's sad and terrible to say this, but as everyone who suffers/suffered of things like depression knows very well, it's impossible to prevent such things by just talking (or in any other way for that matter).

(btw, saying 'suffered' is overoptimistic, because it implies you can recover from such things, which is totally false imho. People who 'recovered' never had anything in the first place.)

• Like 4

Wow, just reading this. What a shock! Although Raymond's own decision and he will have had his reasons, because of my work I know what a devastation it brings to the people left behind. There is the pain and sorrow now :(

All the strenght and love needed to you all there

And Ray, wherever you may be: I liked you a lot

• Like 7

I cannot believe this is true...   Ray was the reason I want to join F|A, we shared a lot of good nights and good fights... my heart bleeds for you and for the family he has left on the crude earth with the rest of us.  I take some small comfort knowing that his mind is now free to fly.  I have been an online gamer for 20+ years, since the days of text MUDs and before- and out of many thousands of people I have met none as funny, kind, intelligent and honest as he.  My work takes me away from home and ET at times, and I have just come back after such an absence, to find this out.  

I count Ray now, when I count friends lost and drink to their memory.  I am sending love and sympathy over the skies to you and his family, and I pray that you find peace in your hearts. 

Aaron (ingame AbsoluteZero)

• Like 6

I cant beleive I missed this topic. I makes me sad when any person commits suicide all the more so when its somebody you know. My condolences to Ray's family and friends both in game and in real life.

Gonna miss him....................

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I keep re-reading this thread, and I think what makes me weep by the end of it is now not the loss of our friend Ray as much as the depth, beauty, and number of people who are united in their grief.  If I didn't love this community already, this would certainly cement it.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...