Silent 1 New Maps

• Administrators

Will check out maps on silent 1 this week and replace the least played with new ones. 

• Like 4

Will check out maps on silent 1 this week and replace the least played with new ones. 

If u need some help, hit me up on xfire, can give u some advices about which could be played there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any update dare?, leaders? Today few regulars and other admins requested Fuel dump...

Edit: maybe could do a list or something......

Edited by Night Hunter

• Administrators

A proper change silent need is replacing normal oasis with maybe the sw_oasis version as this is completely unplayable for allies, after reaching the first spawn, then it simply starts the arty and heavy weapon spam and after that, allies cannot even get out of the main tunnel before dieing at least 10 times to either flame, panza, arty, rifle..etc

It should be hard for axis as well. Allies got 5 sec spawn shield to get out of the spawn while it's normally 4. Also they get +1 earlier re-spawn then axis. Allies got 5 sec lower spawn times then Axis for that map. 

For oasis specifically we use extra benefit for Allies. Any map which is imbalanced due to spawn or map design we balance it with re-spawn times.  The artillery re-charge is also adjusted for that map.

• Administrators

Any update dare?, leaders? Today few regulars and other admins requested Fuel dump...

Edit: maybe could do a list or something......

Added day version of fueldump and capuzzo final.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Going to remove: 

karsiah, V2 Base TE, teuthonia_final, ET Ice. 

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=742857&section=mappool

Will add Fata Morgana, Minas for one week 26+ players. 

• Like 4

NICE! Thank you. 

It should be hard for axis as well. Allies got 5 sec spawn shield to get out of the spawn while it's normally 4. Also they get +1 earlier re-spawn then axis. Allies got 5 sec lower spawn times then Axis for that map. 

For oasis specifically we use extra benefit for Allies. Any map which is imbalanced due to spawn or map design we balance it with re-spawn times.  The artillery re-charge is also adjusted for that map.

IT have helped alot, allies is no longer getting pinned so eaily down in spawn, but axis still manage to spawn before allies get past opening doors and through tunnel. Arty reduced is a good thing. But stil issues, mayve consider, normak respawn time for allies, but extended respawn time for axis.

• Administrators

NICE! Thank you. 

IT have helped alot, allies is no longer getting pinned so eaily down in spawn, but axis still manage to spawn before allies get past opening doors and through tunnel. Arty reduced is a good thing. But stil issues, mayve consider, normak respawn time for allies, but extended respawn time for axis.

Currently Axis spawn is 14 sec and Allies 9 sec + 1 sec extra spawn shield. If I increase Axis time more then I have to give some more mines and trip mines for defense. Let me know what u guys think. 

Currently Axis spawn is 14 sec and Allies 9 sec + 1 sec extra spawn shield. If I increase Axis time more then I have to give some more mines and trip mines for defense. Let me know what u guys think. 

Problem is if at Allied side isn't any out standing player that could carry their team out of the spawn allies will still be pinned down regardless of extra spawn for axis as there are simply too many different weapons that can keep allied team pinned down such as panza, arty, granades, panza, rifle granade and so on, not to mention put 5 ppl smg on random corners to shoot whatever comes over the broken wall and u have a masacare.

Since whenever i played Oasis it was always like that, only if allied team was extremly stronger then they were able to keep it out, but then again when they come out of the tunnel upper way or down it simply ends as there is a dead end regardless of how good u are, u will get killed by 10 different ways and there's nothing that u can do.

• Administrators

I see. Then we can try Axis 15 and Allies 9 sec spawn time and give 5 trip mines to Axis.  I have also adjusted artillery cool off time for Oasis.  I don't want to make it too easy for Allies either. Let me know if that sounds good.

Then we can use same balance on HC and other silEnT mod servers.

• Like 1

In case of Oasis, spawn time as mentioned may bring little help, however... even when allies break the wall, they face the "funnel route" where they occur obstacles to get through... The original Oasis map ain't the best solution. Oasis swbeta3 is a bit better through. Could we test braundorf beta 4 ( the map is generally brighter).

• Administrators

In case of Oasis, spawn time as mentioned may bring little help, however... even when allies break the wall, they face the "funnel route" where they occur obstacles to get through... The original Oasis map ain't the best solution. Oasis swbeta3 is a bit better through. Could we test braundorf beta 4 ( the map is generally brighter).

If we add Oasis B3 which we used to have then we loose one custom map. Either one new map or fixed Oasis B3.  Well allies go to 3 ways to attack. 2 tunnels, 1 long tunnel. B3 opens up 4 ways.

If we add Oasis B3 which we used to have then we loose one custom map. Either one new map or fixed Oasis B3.  Well allies go to 3 ways to attack. 2 tunnels, 1 long tunnel. B3 opens up 4 ways.

What about the competition sw_oasis, with forward spawn of mid tunnel? Or would that make the map finished too quickly? Is there possible to set weapon restriction towards particular map only such as oasis and maybe test some settings to see what would balance the spam and heavy weapon so the allies can actually play properly. The problem is, regardless of having 3 waypoints, on silent there is no double jump, no adre, so there's no way of rushing anywhere without getting striked down instantly, at each waypoint there are axis waiting for u, at main tunnel at least 1 MG, with a panza + flamer, already that is pain in the ass, now add to that multiple granade launchers and u get nowhere regardless of how good player u are.

The map simply needs some kind of balance between heavy weapons and relay more on the SMG part from axis side, since that would make it equal for both parts in terms od defending/attacking.