Silent 1 New Maps

• Administrators

Most of the maps has 1 artillery / 40 sec and this one is on 60 sec.  1 panzer can camp at only tunnel and there are still 2 open. If Axis got one panzer then Allies got one too and they can use it to clear up campers. 

Flamers are really useless on our silEnT mod servers. I hardly see anyone using it, to be honest.  Allies can easily use sprint, go outside a bit, use rifle nade on Axis. Easy to throw since we know camping locations and then use medic's help from behind and run out. Just require team work. 

What u would like to change for Oasis? Let me know your suggestion and if it's balancing map, I would gladly change it up. I would like to change min stuff because more i change, more i push config string numbers  to it's limit. 

• Like 2

Most of the maps has 1 artillery / 40 sec and this one is on 60 sec.  1 panzer can camp at only tunnel and there are still 2 open. If Axis got one panzer then Allies got one too and they can use it to clear up campers. 

Flamers are really useless on our silEnT mod servers. I hardly see anyone using it, to be honest.  Allies can easily use sprint, go outside a bit, use rifle nade on Axis. Easy to throw since we know camping locations and then use medic's help from behind and run out. Just require team work. 

What u would like to change for Oasis? Let me know your suggestion and if it's balancing map, I would gladly change it up. I would like to change min stuff because more i change, more i push config string numbers  to it's limit. 

Well the hardest thing at oasis are heavy weapons, if u combine all together, with mg, panzer, flamer (even if u think it isnt as useful as at some other mods, a camper with flamer in the tunnel above can hold pretty long, giving some backups to him, it takes a while to clear everything out and before u know it, there's others with rifles and such backing them up), as well as mortars, which mostly aim on the spot of the broken wall or right infront of the tunnel.

Well from what i saw while playing this game, first stage is pretty much equal, given the fact teams are somewat equal, allies can breach towards CP and attack from various of points flag. Then the rest of the map somewat gets stucked, if u proceed towards tunnel from water pump, u will have at end of tunnel, 3-5 medics, rifle granades, panza or mg, with the mines at random spots, giving an additional fop, it is hard to breach out.

My main concern is just the main tunnel, above and below to somehow balance it and not harm axis too much, the main focus should be on the heavy weapons, so my suggestion could be following. Not sure exactly to how many players MG is limited, but should be done to 1, so u would have 1 panzer, 1 flamer, 1 MG, arty as u said is already reduced, the main problem is artillery strike, as it keeps allied pinned down for longer duration, afterwards i could suggest as well limit rifle granades, maybe only 2 per Axis team, to minimize the rifle granade spam, as for the landmines, i do not have knowledge currently on how many mines axis team have, but would need to be somewhere in golden middle, to set strategic mines, but not overspam with it as well, so somewhere around 6 to 8 mines max would do, considering u would use it for both ways of attacking and not having too big of an impact.

The map should be focused more on the SMG part from the Axis, therefor keeping main defending ability on axis to relay on the smg with medics and fops, that way i would be pretty sure that the allied team would have sufficient chances of proceeding out of the tunnels and fight it around the axis base as there's still plenty of ground to cover before u get to the guns.

On any version of Oasis, the most damage is given by: artillery, panzerfaust, flammer and landmines. I suggest to limit first three to 0, and landmines as above said to 6-8 per team.This should help.