Amazon package delivering drones

ajnl

yea... throw away even more jobs... what are all the delivery fellas gona do if this were to happen?

Become maintenance guys for the drones? Drones need to be designed (jobs), built (jobs), implemented for a company (jobs), and maintained/fixed (jobs).

Besides this is only within 10 mile radius of a distribution center. So anything further is brought around by the current method.

they have one of those follow em ;)

No way that thing is real, first, the smoke wasn't blown down by the rotors, and second the explosion was staged like so many Hollywood movies. Real explotions don't act like that

How will these drones ring the door bell if you have no garden?

Also for the shooting thing, they should try it out on Europe first ... we're much restricted about weapons here.

I think its cleaver, don't know if its that realistic. A major plus imo is the amount of fuel saved, vs a truck. Also from a marketing perspective, even if the heli is a failure later on, it will still get a large number of people to try amazon. A major downside for me is how secure theses are and the amount of weight they carry. They would just a target for some **** with a gun, not to mention become targeted for theft. It may fly at higher altitudes for most of the flight time but probably not all the time, if it flies below 50 feet a 15 year old with his paintball gun could shoot it down, and take the xbox game inside... Also, what about the weather, don't know how these would handle in heaver winds, but it looks like that would be an issue as well.

Edited by RENiE

I think its cleaver, don't know if its that realistic. A major plus imo is the amount of fuel saved, vs a truck. Also from a marketing perspective, even if the heli is a failure later on, it will still get a large number of people to try amazon. A major downside for me is how secure theses are and the amount of weight they carry. They would just a target for some **** with a gun, not to mention become targeted for theft. It may fly at higher altitudes for most of the flight time but probably not all the time, if it flies below 50 feet a 15 year old with his paintball gun could shoot it down, and take the xbox game inside... Also, what about the weather, don't know how these would handle in heaver winds, but it looks like that would be an issue as well.

Yes the gun issues is a good point. Not sure how they will fix that. The only thing I can think of, do you really think someone has enough time to hear it come, grab their gun, run outside, aim, and fire accurately?

As far as winds good, octocopters have been tested in high speed wings and it is possible to make them stable. All you need are strong enough rotors and a good control system algorithm.

Yes the gun issues is a good point. Not sure how they will fix that. The only thing I can think of, do you really think someone has enough time to hear it come, grab their gun, run outside, aim, and fire accurately?As far as winds good, octocopters have been tested in high speed wings and it is possible to make them stable. All you need are strong enough rotors and a good control system algorithm.

Yeah, iv heard the new heli's are pretty stable in a lot of weather.

Yes the gun issues is a good point. Not sure how they will fix that. The only thing I can think of, do you really think someone has enough time to hear it come, grab their gun, run outside, aim, and fire accurately?

As far as winds good, octocopters have been tested in high speed wings and it is possible to make them stable. All you need are strong enough rotors and a good control system algorithm.

Gamers, start practising flight your simulators.

Become maintenance guys for the drones? Drones need to be designed (jobs), built (jobs), implemented for a company (jobs), and maintained/fixed (jobs).

Besides this is only within 10 mile radius of a distribution center. So anything further is brought around by the current method.

yea cus every delivery guy is an expert on drones... :)

yea cus every delivery guy is an expert on drones... :)

It can't be that difficult to learn :)

But I think the drones will provide more jobs, plus I don't think any deliver men will lose their jobs :P

And even more privacy goes away with these things flying around with cameras.

Privacy is a myth lol 

Agreed espically criminals scoping ur house out before they rob it.

Just wondering how you got from amazon delivery drone to criminal scoping your house..