Amazon package delivering drones

ajnl

i can see this going wrong so fast for 1 thing storms  and another thing people and another thing noooo noooo noooo we don't need no dam robot taking another job away from us 

i can see this going wrong so fast for 1 thing storms  and another thing people and another thing noooo noooo noooo we don't need no dam robot taking another job away from us

Well obviously it wouldn't go out in a storm. Remember the radius is only 10 miles. So if there is a storm close by, I'm sure amazon isn't dumb enough to send them out. These octocopters can take on pretty high winds for their size, but probably not storm winds (including rain, etc).

A person can be smart, but people are stupid. You're right the human factor sucks, but I don't think it is that hard to overcome.

Again with the jobs, I already said this but I'll say it again. It is only in a 10 mile radius, I doubt any truck driver is going to loose his job. Plus these drones would be creating jobs. Someone needs to design them, build them, implement them in a company, and provide maintenance for them. There you go, more jobs.

Edited by ajnl

It sounds unlikely, and there would probably be quite a few roadblocks that they will have to go around to get it working.

I see what you did there :ph34r:

probably a lot of packages would get lost. could you imagine ordering a package for 30 minute delivery only to see the drone land in a tree or in the middle of the road.