What's your current video card?

adintory

My Baby ...

11188-07_HD6950TOXIC_2GGDDR5_2miniDP_HDM  68n.png

... it's UNLOCKED and OVERCLOCKED  :punk   running @  950 MHz  Core clock / 1400 MHz Memory Clock / 1536 Shaders ... it's one badass 6950, cost me $270 two years ago and it can often outperform most HD6970's & GTX580's that were selling for $450 to $500 :P  ... it gets me by for now, until the 9xxx series AMD cards come out and I upgrade :thumbsup

My TOXIC Owners club over on OCN.net - http://www.overclock.net/t/1149079/sapphire-toxic-hd-6950-70-owners-club-informational-thread

OCNTOXICCLUBBANNER-1.jpg

For me it was between getting one 780 or 2 770's but I figured SLI'ing two of em would just give insanely better results.

SLI or Crossfire are bad

It CAN be bad ... often results in micro stutter ... you're usually better off getting the BEST SINGLE CARD you can afford :thumbsup

though some people say they don't get or at least find the micro stutter all that noticeable ... kind of a YMMV kind of thing.

this is an older article, but it explains it pretty well = http://www.overclockers.com/micro-stutter-the-dark-secret-of-sli-and-crossfire/

good luck either way :thumbsup

• Like 1

With SLI/Crossfire it depends on how much you are going to push your system. Pushing it by overclocking, running multiple apps, high game settings and/or low-spec cooling system can be detrimetnal to mutli GPU setup.

Because of CPUs ability to hyperthread (i.e. new generation i7s for example) mutli-GPU setups tend to get those micrsostutters even with a relatively mid-spec rig. I would go for a 780 rather than two 770. The performance increase from a SLI/Crossfire setup is not worth the extra power required and heat dissipation methods needed.

My 2c.

• Like 1

Ugh I would rage and break things if I got some micro stutter so I'm gonna end up just getting a 780 And superclocking it. Thank's. I don't wanna take a chance to have the microstutter.

Currently I've got the GTX660. I'm very pleased with it considering I had a GT420 earlier. I can run 333 FPS on COD4 with the highest graphics (The highest that can be accessed in the options menu, I haven't bothered going into console and changing stuff there just yet.) On my GT420 I could barely get 125 FPS.