What's your current video card?

adintory

Gigabyte GTX460. 961 core/1942 shader/1998 memory @ 1087mv

It'll probably overclock a little higher than that but I've not bothered trying as I only play COD4 and BF3.

Runs BF3 on high at 1366x768 while holding 60fps or a tad under.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 555 1GB GDDR5 - It get's the job done beautifully, might upgrade in a year or so but for now I'm still playing everything in it's "high" settings no problem. Also have an onboard Intel HD Graphics 2000 it will use during high loads or low loads to save power.

• Administrators

ROCKSTAR ... I wanna party with YOU ... must be nice being rich B)

Work hard play hard. Also you don't have to be rich to afford it, just save for a few months and you'll be able to afford it as well.

• Like 1

Nvidia GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB GDDR5 - Sad thing is I don't think my processor can handle it as I get lock ups from time to time where nothing but a hard boot will resolve it.  Thinking now of upgrading mother board and processor since they are seven years old.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB GDDR5 - Sad thing is I don't think my processor can handle it as I get lock ups from time to time where nothing but a hard boot will resolve it.  Thinking now of upgrading mother board and processor since they are seven years old.

yeah it's very possible a seven year old motherboard and CPU chip would cause bottlenecks for that GPU ...

this well fix you up ...

M6E-2D-817x1000.png http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131858

+

41qPzI87G7L._SX385_.jpg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501

:fixed    :money:   :fixed

Of course ... you'd also most likely now have to ALSO upgrade your RAM, maybe your PSU ?, your CPU Cooler ?, I'd also get an SSD drive if you don't already have one ... and  oops rambling on :thumbsup

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

yeah it's very possible a seven year old motherboard and CPU chip would cause bottlenecks for that GPU ...

this well fix you up ...

M6E-2D-817x1000.png http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131858

+

41qPzI87G7L._SX385_.jpg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501

:fixed    :money:   :fixed

Of course ... you'd also most likely now have to ALSO upgrade your RAM, maybe your PSU ?, your CPU Cooler ?, I'd also get an SSD drive if you don't already have one ... and  oops rambling on :thumbsup

And there goes $700 at least.

Edited by ajnl

Yea the PSU is not an issue as I'm running an 850w Blackwidow that works fine.  The RAM would have to be upgraded since I'm only running 4 gb (max the MB will allow).  I'm not sure if I'll spend the bucks on that particular MB you provided, but was looking at an MSI MB for about half the price. 

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard

and maybe this processor: Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

The bundel is $367.00.  Of course before I pull the trigger I need to do some more research. 

MSI isn't too bad either ... when I built my rig I was researching everything I could as well ...

and it came down to ASUS ROG stuff winning out of the MSI G series stuff ... but I've got an mATX build so a Gene Z board not the Extreme Z board (ATX size) which is like twice the price, so I hear ya.

For what I wanted and needed it was the best BANG for the BANG IMO, but your case may be different, and that combo you list should make a nice gaming rig.

if you wanna go cheaper & not into OC, intel i5 4570 plu H87 mobo is sufficient to handle this gpu imo. also planning to get gtx 650 ti boost by asus or msi for my budget gaming build

Edited by PiaNist

If you like to overclock then Haswell is the way to go.

Bear in mind it will need a behemoth of a cooler though as Haswell runs hot. It also benefits quite well from fast memory.

8 Pack at overclockers UK rates the msi boards quite well, and as he's set world records for things like superpi I trust what he's got to say.