One in six worldwide has no religion

ApfelGanja

what makes me sad, sofar everything was pretty respectfull.

however the people who are against this topic /subject on a gaming forum, are the people who are making flames here.

shouldn't be much of a problem to ignore it or stay respectfull, all have diffirent opinions respect them don't fight them.

I find it actually pretty interesting how the other people think of it, as mentioned I don't believe myself, yet find it interesting how other people think of it and respect it.

what makes me sad, sofar everything was pretty respectfull.

however the people who are against this topic /subject on a gaming forum, are the people who are making flames here.

shouldn't be much of a problem to ignore it or stay respectfull, all have diffirent opinions respect them don't fight them.

I find it actually pretty interesting how the other people think of it, as mentioned I don't believe myself, yet find it interesting how other people think of it and respect it.

Well, technically medic kane started the flame. His post made me genuinly angry, that's a fact.

Him stating gays will burn in a lake of fire, respectful? da fuq :/

Does that makes me immature? Well, so be it.

I've been raised by the saying (sorry for the dutch, no idea how to translate properly): "Zo klinkt het, zo botst het".

Meaning that you always have to say what you think, if others disagree. Well, too bad for them

I did just that and told him (in an internet style of doing things, to make a point) what I think of his view on things.

Do I think he is wrong and it's bullshit: definitely, otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

That not the point, it's his right to belief whatever he wants.

The point is that this kind of stuff has to be addressed in a careful way...

So if you really want to discuss this kind of things:

Please put it in a (highly moderated) subsection that can be completely hidden from view for those (like me) who absolutly not want to get involved.

Trust me on this one, there is a dam good reason why I don't want to have this kind of topics in plain view.

K, now I'm done with this and I won't open this anymore.

ps. FYI, I reported medic kane and my own post for starting a flamewar

Edited by DrJoske

No religion here but i respect everybody and try to not critic others people believes.

It can only harms.....

Peace and love :]

• Like 1

Bottom line for me..... I don't try to infringe on other's belief systems...... don't infringe on mine.

I agree 100%. Yet every time I look at money, I'm either included with "In god we trust", Or I'm excluded from the population of this country because I don't believe or trust in a god.

I'm unsure which it is yet :(

I myself was raised "roman catholic" And after 9.5 years of religious instruction (K-8 in grade school, and expelled halfway into my Freshman year in a catholic high school, I went to public school after that), I now identify myself as being Athiest.

• Administrators

I think most people are going to burn in a lake of fire, since most people are evil and unrepentant sinners.

You are assuming here, buddy. My first question would be does the lake of fire, exist? Could be according to some but for me it doesn't. My religion believes in re-incarnation so if you do any sins or bad things, it will come back to you at later stage.

I see nothing wrong if someone is gay, lesbian, etc or whatever they are. It's their choice and I believe God doesn't mind it either.

At the end of the day, you should be able to see yourself in mirror without any second thought that you have done something wrong and in case if you feel you did something wrong then you need to apologize for it and make sure it doesn't happen again. It takes 1 second to become a**h**** and it takes great patience for being nice to all.

My religion says 5 major things:

1. Don't think bad for others.

2. Don't burn in desire for revenge. Learn to let go and forget the people who did bad for you. Forgive and "forget".

3. Don't hold on to things. Nothing is going to stay forever. Enjoy with what you have and remain happy.

4. Help others where you can without any expectation back in return. The day you will expect something back in return for helping somebody, sooner or later you feel sad about it. Help others because you like helping.

5. Love everyone.

Every person has own belief and I guess everyone is entitled to his opinion.

God does understand that you are human and you are bound to do mistakes. Please don't tell me God never committed any mistake. In my religion each of the Gods did mistake at one point of time and they learned from it and never committed it again.

• Like 6

i, myself, do not subscribe to any religion. but there is good reason why i choose not to.

i can see, empathize and understand the positive aspects of belonging to a religion, or putting one's faith in a religion. and they are all seem similar in that there is a divine creator of all. and i respect that, regardless of what religion people to choose to put their faith into - catholic, protestant, hindu, greek orthodox, christian, jehovah's witness, etc. i respect others that choose the faith they have, just respect the fact that i don't follow your way of thinking and we'll get along fine.

now, marrying my wife meant i had to agree with the church to bring up my children in the catholic way. i had no problems with that at all, in fact it helped them with discipline in school. they have their views on the church, and they know how i feel about it.

i'm not against religion, but it just isn't for me. i'm fine with my choice, i've turned out ok and i'm happy with my life. i know some people who are devout church goers. they can't say the same and they don't seem so happy.

i have the freedom to choose not to be religious. and i am thankful for having that choice.

/peace

L3ftY:: Well said

daredevil: Here is my cynical answer, which is not my actually belief, but I hope well sway you to realize the error of your ways B)

You should play the odds. If the atheists are true, then nothing you do matters, if you're right and you get reincarnated then again that does not matter because it happens regardless of belief (correct?). Therefor you should play the odds. Moslem , Christians, and Jews all believe in the same God. Assuming you go with one of the big three, it is just a matter of figuring out who you think is most correct. I personally really like bacon, so Judaism and Islam are clean out for me.

*************************************************************************************

I don't make assumptions, I have bleilf. I know the lake of fire exists, as surely as the water's rose, Jesus walked the Earth, the Holy Spirit enables the speaking in tounges and casting out of demons so that the faithful may spread the world of the Lord.

I, personally have no problems with Homosexuality - it is a sin, but it is not my place to pass judgement - it is the Lords. There are many, many sins, & all men sin. I have committed Horrible sins for which I deserve to burn forever. I confess to you even now I am living sinfully, and were I to die today, I would suffer eternal damnation, for despite knowing the Truth I fail to repent.

You should keep you sexual preference private (not hidden, but not everyone needs to know), in the same way you should keep the fact you are a swinger, or enjoy polka music. There are many things that are okay, but no business of the public at large. Many people these days lack the discretion necessary for a civil society.

Your religions major tenets are no far removed from the beliefs of Christians, or Jews. Even the Moslems share these beliefs - although only if you believe in the correct God - so charity extends to other believers in God, such as Christians, but not to heathens such as yourself, who they are required to kill.

I'll not get into the finer points of God's perfection, as that is a very detailed theological debate that I am not equipped for, it is well beyond my learning or understanding. As a paramedic I would love to know why we don't have handles. Another human body is just about the worst thing you could ever have to lift or move.

JW Daredevil, some version of Hindu?

• Clan Friend

L3ftY:: Well said

daredevil: Here is my cynical answer, which is not my actually belief, but I hope well sway you to realize the error of your ways B)

You should play the odds. If the atheists are true, then nothing you do matters, if you're right and you get reincarnated then again that does not matter because it happens regardless of belief (correct?). Therefor you should play the odds. Moslem , Christians, and Jews all believe in the same God. Assuming you go with one of the big three, it is just a matter of figuring out who you think is most correct. I personally really like bacon, so Judaism and Islam are clean out for me.

If Christians were true, since God knows everything (included the future) according to them, nothing we do matters, because if God knows what I will do tomorrow, I cannot do something else tomorrow or God would fail, and since he cannot fail, what I will do tomorrow is not up to me.

'going with one of the big three' is far from being assumed, because not only there are, there were, and there will be many religions in the world, but those religions are only a fraction of all the possible religions conceivable.

As regards reincarnation, as far as I know it's seen as a temporary thing which would eventually end in some nirvana or something like that (correct me if I'm wrong) so what we do matters for them as well. And for atheists as well, since everyone knows what we do has consequences for us, and those who will come after us.

I think one of the reasons why such threads are not a good thing, is that people will try to convince others using rational proofs for something that it's not rational (nor it has ever been), but it is a faith. And, by the way, 'rational' people (i.e. scientists etc.) don't seem to believe that much when compared to the general population.

(from Wikipedia):

Among members of the National Academy of Sciences, 7.0% expressed personal belief, while 72.2% expressed disbelief and another 20.8% were agnostic concerning the existence of a personal god who answers prayer

It's a faith, appealing to rationality here or trying to convince people makes no sense. Please, everyone, believe in what you want and be happy as long as you respect others.

• Like 1

...right locking...

I understand we all have opinions...some more extreme than others, some not so much extreme...at the same time we shouldnt be dissin each other or arguing on forums about this...feel free to continue this thru pms...

(If i am wrong to lock staff/co/leader/founder feel free to lock but I rather stop this before it gets out of hand..)

• Like 1