Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 Billion, announces new Star Wars film in 2015

GI-JOE

My inner child/fanboy is both screaming in fear and bouncing with joy...

In the biggest movie news of the last zillion years, we’re getting a new Star Wars film! This is not a pre-Halloween prank. Deadline is reporting that Star Wars: Episode 7 is slated to be released in 2015 after news that Disney has just purchased Lucasfilm for a whopping $4.05 billion dollars.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO of Disney, said in a statement.“Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas. This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney’s unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value.”

Disney expects to more aggressively expand the Star Wars film schedule, Disney CEO Robert Iger said in a statement. Following the release of Episode 7 in 2015, "our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years," Iger said in the statement.

Source: http://blog.fanhatta...eaking-out-too/

News story: http://www.usatoday....asfilm/1669739/

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive hoped, waited prayd and my prays have been answered!!!

Edited by Yellow Flash

I almost cried when I read this...after those last Star Wars "films", the last thing we need is another attempt. First they took Pixar, now this? Disney has gone too far.

Another Starwars movie, probably not a good idea..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive hoped, waited prayd and my prays have been answered!!!

I didn't know u were a religious person ;)

Another Starwars movie, probably not a good idea..

I didn't know u were a religious person ;)

not a good idea : / what size rock fell on you today :P

Star wars can be made so immense even 50 movie's probably still wouldnt be boring :D

If they'd only bought ILM, fine.

If they'd bought ILM + Star Wars, fine. Lucas ruined the whole thing with his prequels and IMHO there's only 3 real Star Wars movies out there.

But buying the rights for Indiana Jones? Hell no, that's the biggest BS ever. What's gonna happen there? Archeology School Musical with Disgusting Bieber as an even younger Indiana Jones?

No, no, no. The deal's just plain wrong!

I dont know wether this is a good thing or a bad thing... I am leaning bad, but they could surprise me.

But here is the "best" part fellas..

Disney expects to more aggressively expand the Star Wars film schedule, Disney CEO Robert Iger said in a statement. Following the release of Episode 7 in 2015, "our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years," Iger said in the statement.
Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

I'm kind of on the fence about it... I'm excited that there are going to be new stories in the franchise and some fresh blood and ideas could be a good thing...but part of the joy of star wars for me was the often long wait between films that built the anticipation for the next installment...the way it looks to me is they plan on turning it into another Disney cash cow for them to milk every couple of years... :\

• Like 1