Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 Billion, announces new Star Wars film in 2015

GI-JOE

I'm kind of on the fence about it... I'm excited that there are going to be new stories in the franchise and some fresh blood and ideas could be a good thing...

They tried new stories and fresh ideas...it gave us the prequels. Now, I love the first three, but I have never met anyone who thinks the prequels even deserve to have the same title. I was once taught "never saddle a dead horse". The movie franchise is done. Let it die with whatever dignity Episodes I, II, and III left it with.

But hey, if they can redeem it, more power to 'em. I don't expect anything other than bitter disappointment, but here's to hoping.

Edited by Lulu

not a good idea : / what size rock fell on you today :P

Star wars can be made so immense even 50 movie's probably still wouldnt be boring :D

false, there rlly is nothing else to expand on. plus they should make episode 10, 11, 12, and THEN they can make episode 7, 8, and 9...

Also on the fence. My interest in how the storyline for episode 7 and whether it will be based off of the expanded universe of literature is the only thing keeping me from saying 'f***this'.

The prequels already felt like disney made them, what with the shitty cutesy moments thrown in everywhere..

I guess it begs the question: can they make anything worse than the prequels?

• Like 1

Knowing Disney, family films are their bread and butter...would not shock me if the next series of films were about Luke and Leia growing up..which would be a total shame because there are a lot of great rich stories from the expanded universe that could be explored...so I hope they do the latter

Considering George is making the the new movie it will not be a let down. Would be cool is Samuel L jackson comes back into Star Wars some way.

He's actually only the "Creative Consultant" on the film, which means he's not writing, producing or directing it but he will at least be involved in it...even though it is pretty minimal involvement

Edited by GI-JOE

Oh boy, can't wait for the new star wars movie I can even show my children since it's so family friendly and rated pg-13, why? Because Disney, that's why. The light sabers and the dying? Let's leave that out so we have room for more better things, and it's more safe for the children.

Oh boy, can't wait for the new star wars movie I can even show my children since it's so family friendly and rated pg-13, why? Because Disney, that's why. The light sabers and the dying? Let's leave that out so we have room for more better things, and it's more safe for the children.

star wars: the clone wars

just saying :P

Well, I loved all of the SW movies (even the prequels), but now Disney took over I think that the quality of the storyline will plumit down (even more). And really the only thing they could make the movie about is the chaos the destruction of the empire left.