Is the Acog scope worth it?

Revenant

Only having the acog scope upgrade left on several weapons, and was wondering -- after I get it, is it worth using? I've heard both good and bad points on it and would like to know from people who have used it and know what they're talking about.

So far, I'm happier using the red dot, or the silencer for most of my weapons. I found the acog scope to be a bit cumbersome when I was on my previous account. Was I just using it wrong?

~Rev~

I've always enjoyed using the acog on a sniper rifle. Always felt as though I'm able to zoom in much faster and be a lot more accurate with it. Whether or not its worth using on other guns is pretty much up to you. I would say go ahead and use it for a little while and if you don't like it then find something that would better suit your needs.

• Like 1

Yes, in a way. Its pretty accurate from what I have sed andnot tremendous recoil.

I dislike the acog alot and always choose the standard scope reticle over it. The stupid red triangle messes me up, and I swear I've had its tip dead on target, squeeze trigger, and...OMFG missed again!

Edited by soulJAHmon
  • Like 1

I dislike the acog alot and always choose the standard scope reticle over it. The stupid red triangle messes me up, and I swear I've had its tip dead on target, squeeze trigger, and...OMFG missed again!

red triangle like red dot for me and its increase acc, if you are look for headshots.

Red dot in my G3 and ACOG in my M21.

try ACOG with m21, you gonna like it...its so nice for fast scope.

plus you can look for UAV when you are camping/sniping with ACOG..you can't look for UAV with common sniper scope.

Edited by Dougl@s

Never use the acog and pretty much never use scope weapons. I cannot play with such a limited view. Therefore I always use red dot. Plus I have really good eyes anyway so I see all. :P

Thanks for the great insight here. Will really help me try a few things out, and see if it's something I want to use, or if it just makes me die more. :P

It increased your zoom with the weapon and increases range, but it sways quite a bit, and decreases side vision. I only use it on single shot or burst fire weapons due to this.

Acog is great on the G3, definitely worth having.

It's also amazing on all sniper rifles other than the R700 or whatever it is (im not used to CoD weapons) - that rifle is just all-round poor really.. But sucks even more with the Acog scope.

On all other weapons it's a hindrance.

Just got it on the G3, and it's nice, but I do notice a few flaws and a few strong points, but I agree that for most weapons, the red dot sight is probably the best to use.

Acog is great on the G3, definitely worth having.

It's also amazing on all sniper rifles other than the R700 or whatever it is (im not used to CoD weapons) - that rifle is just all-round poor really.. But sucks even more with the Acog scope.

On all other weapons it's a hindrance.

Just got it on the G3, and it's nice, but I do notice a few flaws and a few strong points, but I agree that for most weapons, the red dot sight is probably the best to use.

G3 with red dot!try it!

i tried acog with G3 and i can say i got more kills with red dot.

and acog works SO great with m21 trust me :D

actually i am deagle sniper addicted :P

• Like 1