Is the Acog scope worth it?

Revenant

I like the acog on the Barret .50 cal and the r700. For some reason it just feels wierd on the other snipers. I wouldn't even think of putting it on a rifle or smg. I facepalm every time I pick up a gun with an acog attached.

• Like 2

I like the acog on the Barret .50 cal and the r700. For some reason it just feels wierd on the other snipers. I wouldn't even think of putting it on a rifle or smg. I facepalm every time I pick up a gun with an acog attached.

It doesn't seem to work very well on the majority of weapons, just on a few. LIKE THE G3!! ^^

It doesn't seem to work very well on the majority of weapons, just on a few. LIKE THE G3!! ^^

I like the reddot on the G3 more than the ACOG.

But in general, I rather not play with attachments.

You just start to get used to it,

i've only ever used it on a sniper, a M4, most LMG's and on a skorpion.

as someone else said, try it out, don't like it? use the iron sight or the red dot.

G3 with red dot!try it!

i tried acog with G3 and i can say i got more kills with red dot.

and acog works SO great with m21 trust me :D

actually i am deagle sniper addicted :P

I agree with that!! I simply hate using acog. IMO, it takes up too much space on the screen and it has too much sway. Only time im using acog is on sniper. and that's mostly for no-scopes. :P

I find the ACOG in COD4 just gets in the way, it sways to much. Much prefer the red dot or full sniper, on a sniper it is not accurate enough to snipe and on all other guns the zoom is not enough over the red dot to be worth having on the gun. Some love it though so worth trying.

I can't get myself to like the ACOG scope, like other say it sways. It just feels clunky. I use the scopes that come with the rifles. I think if it works for you then do it but as for me it never felt right and i wanted to like it. I may try making an m21 class. I like taking deep breaths more than no breathing, it really makes for a steady shot. I shake my head when i pick up an lmg with the scope since you can't see much beyond the guns bullet flashing. Im not a fan of the gun fire flash unless its an mp44 in which case it adds to the allure of shooting the gun. The mp44 would be nice with a red dot if it were available.

• 1 month later...

I actually like using it on the M4, with stopping power/steady aim for hardcore play. It allows me play aggressively in the front ('cause of full auto), but also sit back and pick my shots a little more (hence ACOG). Other than that I don't really use it too much. I use the silencer on the AK-47 because of the recoil. And whenever I snipe I prefer the standard scopes. Each to their own though.

I've been tryin the acog on the g3 and think i am going back to red dot again. It is nice to see clear at long distances but as i have said before the sway is a pain.

as Bos said.....On a sniper, why would I chose something that (For me at least) Takes longer to aim, does aim as far, and is much more inaccurate. The sway is crap. at least I can steady sniper sway.