Recent book you've read

BunnyBabe

but all jokes aside, a lil while ago i had spent a few days in jail :/ but i read some book with a private investigator in it and another book that had a Dark Elf in it. i forgot the names of both books tho obviously lol. but the one with the Dark Elf was friggin awesome! found out that its a very very popular series of books. maybe you might be able to fill me in on what its called....

Sounds like the Dragonlance Series 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished 'Skin Game' by Jim Butcher, part of the Dresden series. I really, really like this author. He also wrote the Codex of Alera series.

He mixes a good amount of serious and humor into his stories. Good internal conflict in the main character and always a lot of action. Plus I really like fantasy/supernatural type stories,  so I find it very entertaining.

but all jokes aside, a lil while ago i had spent a few days in jail :/ but i read some book with a private investigator in it and another book that had a Dark Elf in it. i forgot the names of both books tho obviously lol. but the one with the Dark Elf was friggin awesome! found out that its a very very popular series of books. maybe you might be able to fill me in on what its called....

Sounds like the Dragonlance Series 

You are likely talking about a book from Forgotten Realms- by R A Salvatore. They have several books with dark evles in them. 

Do you remember the main dark elfs name Jarlaxle maybe?   Check out 'The Sell Swords" trilogy. It has dark elf Jarlaxle and human assasin Artemis Entreri as the main characters.

Or you may have read about Drizzt a dark elf who comes to the surface world? His books start in 'the icewind dale trilogy'.  Cool character but the books are slower moving

• Like 1

You are likely talking about a book from Forgotten Realms- by R A Salvatore. They have several books with dark evles in them. 

Do you remember the main dark elfs name Jarlaxle maybe?   Check out 'The Sell Swords" trilogy. It has dark elf Jarlaxle and human assasin Artemis Entreri as the main characters.

Or you may have read about Drizzt a dark elf who comes to the surface world? His books start in 'the icewind dale trilogy'.  Cool character but the books are slower moving

Ha i just saw this and realized that it looks like i was the one in jail!! Yep you nailed it. I couldn't put my finger on it

51VoVj-j%2BhL._AA160_.jpg

I just read this book written by my dear old friend. may he RIP

Edited by Thundercats

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last 5 in EN/DE:

English:

1. J.M. Cotzee "Disgrace"

2. J. Lanchester "Capital"

3. Z. Smith "NW"

4. H. Kureishi "The Black Album"

5. J. Barnes "The Sense of an Ending"

All of which I can only recommend. Some more than others, of course. 1, 4 and 5 are classics of contemporary (postcolonial) literature that I count myself lucky to have read. Number 2 is an easy (albeit rather long) satirical read that can also be quite serious at times. If you don't like postmodern (like me), avoid Zadie Smith at all costs. Although I always advocate openness toward new things, therefore Nr. 3 stands as a recommendation too.

German:

1. W. Haas "Das Wetter vor 15 Jahren"

2. W. Haas "Ausgebremst"

3. W. Haas "Die Verteidigung der Missionarstellung"

4. W. Haas "Brennerova"

5. J. Jonasson "Der Hundertjährige, der aus dem Fenster stieg und verschwand"

In case you've paid attention, yes I have fallen in love with a writer (or rather, with a particulat writers' style!) ;) ...  IF you're a German speaker, please do yourself a huge(!) favour, go and read Wolf Haas. It's linguistically brilliant and hilarious, and the plots are always very witty. Number 3 is an exception since it has no real plot, but is all the more philosophical and linguistically inventive.

• Like 1