pc got disease :p

tipsy

PC got some problem and it keeps restarting again and again :/ . I turned of option of sytem restart on crash .. so I am getting blue screen which shows me error something like this (Mini condump folder is empty , checked it already)

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_AREA

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screem restart you computer .

If this screen appears follow these steps :

blah blah blah

Techincal information

xxx STOP: 0X 0000050C0XFEA8908 0X010 0X804E7815 "

I tried to run memchck to test ram .. but System Diagnostic Tool option is not in my pc :/

Well my first suggestion would be to swap positions with your RAM sticks, or just check to see if one was loose and needs to be reseated, you really should run some kind of memtest though. Also, I would try and do some anti-virus testing in safe mode if you can get there. Anti-malwarebyes specifically. All of my blue screens I have ever gotten were RAM related, looks like this one is too.

awww shit I had this problem back on windows xp and it was really simple to fix but i dont remember anything about it :(

If you have a system backup you can try to run that. It will replace the settings from a day that there wasn't a problem. Your files stay on the harddisk.

Yoyo download and burn a Memtest CD and set your computer to boot from CD drive. Test that first. Sounds like its either your memory or harddrive going out. Could also be a currupt Windows file.

From Microsoft

Error Message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Explanation:

This Stop message occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

User Action:

This Stop message usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, either main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer. Another cause of this Stop message is the installation of a buggy system service. Disable the service and determine if this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows 2000 Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. Antivirus software can also trigger this Stop message. Disable the program and determine if this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this Stop message. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. Restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk. Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it. For more troubleshooting information about this Stop message, refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.

Oh yeah, I think the problem for me was that my ram had deteriorated.. On one of my 512mb ram sticks (this was years ago, don't laugh :P), test reported that the stick was actually 318mb.. replaced with a new sticks (I needed to anyway) and voilà :)

Did you install anything new before the problem started?

Can you boot from your o/s install disk?

Yoyo download and burn a Memtest CD and set your computer to boot from CD drive. Test that first. Sounds like its either your memory or harddrive going out. Could also be a currupt Windows file.

@nota Ya I downloaded 2 things .. folder lock and a game called zuma . and next day I get this problem of pc restarting , I removed both, and ya tried Sytem restore's several dates, but it gave me error that files can't be restored back, So next thing I did was repairing of files by running bootable CD , but that was a fail too .

@tulsa ya was wondering to do memtest too thanks . and ya I tried repairing files option it didn't help.

@ralph RAM's poistions are fine , i even remove dust from them . Tried anti virus too system is clean .

@jaiie I have to read that 10 times more to get over it

@chuckn I have one stick of 512 and other of 256 :P

Thanks for replying :)

Tulsa's suggestion sounds good, if that fails try a google of bsod and folder lock there's a few possibility's there, with folder lock not un-installing properly.

• 1 month later...

dont know if its fixed jet but maybe this works (its for the shut down error)

i had that problem ones with xp but how did we fixed this

have you tryded to restore to a older date

Click "Start," "Programs," "Accessories," "System Tools" and then "System Restore''.

Select "Restore my computer

Choose a date prior to the time you started having shutdown issues.

Press "Next" to restore your operating system files to those of the selected functional date.

(for blue screen)

i dont know only time i had one was because i putted in to much RAM it was 4Gb and Vista can only see and use 3Gb thats all i know xD

Edited by *Black*Rain*

Usually that is a memory error, and more precisely, an hardware error or driver issue. I guess Windows options aren't the easiest way to solve it. If you have recently updated a driver, that might be the issue, otherwise I expect it to be a hardware issue.

There are two ways to check it; memtest is the best (there is one in the current Ubuntu LiveCD 11.04). It works quite nice. If it doesn't crash or notify errors, it might be windows. If you don't want to download 700MB (or find a small memtest program), an easier yet more painful solution is to remove one of the memory strips; it is very unlikely that both are broken. You can continue to work, but, well, with less memory you probably won't be able to run ET :P

If it isn't a main memory error, you might wanna check the memory of your GPU. There are no default applications for it tho, ATI and NVIDIA aren't exactly the same; you might need to google for it. I'm actually not sure if there exists testapplications for it, I only know it of NVIDIA.

If there aren't any errors in the hardware, it's probably a driver issue.

Just cleaned my RAM and it got fixed thanks for all the help :)

:thanks