New map rotation

So this my be a bit premature however wanted to see if we could talk about switching up HC no marty server map rotation. I'd like to see vacant (any style) killhouse or bog (s and d) crossfire (sabotage) downpour (sabotage) strike (any style)...Add in some TDM maybe a FFA also. This is what i'd like to see. The more sabotage the better!

Edited by kingcamper
  • Like 1

FFA no. kills server. and too many people complained about S+D bog last time it was on. vacant will be on next rotation. maybe shipment. not sure if i feel like listening to people whine about it. then again you people whine no matter what rotation is put up

Your not a looser King, just look at my stats!! I have that market cornered. I would like to see countdown domination. I like the domination and sabotage games the most. The best teams who know how to work together usually win.

FFA no. kills server. and too many people complained about S+D bog last time it was on. vacant will be on next rotation. maybe shipment. not sure if i feel like listening to people whine about it. then again you people whine no matter what rotation is put up

you are right milli people are gonna cry no matter what. However The ones that cry do that have input on what they wanna play? Just sayin. I wanna see lots of dom. maps my fav way to play. Who cares if people cry about s and d like you said they gonna cry anyways I'd love you long time if we tried it for a round.

Vacant is not the most amazing map, but nice for a change. In my opinion, we should look at the following maps.

Vacant TDM, not very fair for Sab due to the airstrike possibilities (Spets base is inside, can't be airstriked). Dom might be possible? Points are in between the containers, central open space and at the computers. Although I think that the inside point would be to much claymore paradise.

Chinatown TDM. Very variated map, although "many" sniperspots, enough possibilities to go around, so not a "lets hide in a corner with a .50". TDM is a really good possible here.

Broadcast Always TDM, one of my favorite maps. Most people try to run around, get outside when they're inside, get inside when they're outside.

Strike Always TDM, but for this map Dom is also quite possible. Had fun playing this map in Dom.

Overgrown Classic Dom map, TDM also possible (however less fun). Perhaps try Sab? Points are at both ends of the "channel".

District TDM, Sab and Dom are all good possibilities.

Pipeline Sabotage is fun. TDM is fun (my tunnel!). For Dom, the points aren't that good, there is none at the hill-area (only train, back of Spetz start and by the Excavator/bulldozer).

Downpour Quite heavy map (in system load), but really good for Sab in my opinion.

Backlot Looks like fun to me for HQ, but never played it. Anyone agrees/disagrees?

I wouldn't choose Wetwork, Showdown or Bog, because lately the server is quite busy and those maps are too small for 20 people. I don't like Crossfire or Bloc, so I will most likely never suggest those. There have been many issues with Countdown lately, so I'm afraid to suggest that one :P Ambush, (Winter)Crash and Creek, well, aren't that special, played those a lot lately.

My choice, such that it is balanced in both desert/wood and TDM/other (we play mixed), but also 'new', would be

Strike (Dom)

Pipeline(TDM)

Backlot (HQ)

Vacant (TDM)

District(Dom)

Chinatown (TDM)

Downpour (Sab)

Broadcast (TDM)

With room to insert Overgrown.

Remark, this is a new change, however I am not the only one deciding it (actually, I don't decide). Feel free to give your own input, I don't know what others like :)Please don't say bloc please don't say bloc please don't say bloc

Strike (Dom)

Pipeline(TDM)

Backlot (HQ)

Vacant (TDM)

District(Dom)

Chinatown (TDM)

Downpour (Sab)

Broadcast (TDM)

With room to insert Overgrown.

+1 overgrown as sab would be a good mix up. Looks good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

We definitely need new rotation. And I know how you feel Milli people keep complaining no matter what, but having map variation is good... you don't get bored quickly. I would suggest maybe more TDM's?

• 1 month later...

id like to point out that we didnt have very many complaints about game modes when hc was straight tdm....

WINTER CRASH:SABOTAGE

sucks mad ass period... its the biggest spawn destroying fest ive ever seen if your on op40.. you get destroyed by nades, snipers from down the alley and from the tower its ridiculous...

CREEK: HEADQUARTERS

its terrible....anyone trying to cap the waterfall point basically has to dive on the point and die 5 times before they cap it ....1 person with 3 frag can defend on that map with ease..

we need Backlot / Strike.... these maps dont have problems with being spawn killed in as long as we keep it to tdm... tdm satisfies most of our regulars needs, domination also works... however sabotage sets us up for a spawn block with only 2 spawn zones... theres a problem...also some people hate wating to spawn ...crash is also better than winter crash :P... personall prefrence the santa claus is really annoying to hear every couple seconds.

i apologize if im going on and on but WETWORK ( the ship) is also an annoying map either a sniper.. or nade spam fest...

well good gaming

Wetwork is quite nice, but actually to small for our server. But I admit, I like it because I can get >50 kills easily.

About crash/sabotage, I agree. It's not necessarily a spam-fest, but some people on terrorist side think it's always a good idea to basecamp. And from base there, you really can't get away for there's indeed always someone sniping. Especially from the building it's annoying, smoke doesn't help a lot because they're to high.

I will now list 4 maps which almost universally result in a spawnlock (trapped in spawn)

Wetworks. This map is so linear, basically the team that spams the most nades will lock the other team into their spawn, thus opening them up to getting spawn locked from additional nade spam. Which there is a lot of. A really, really, really f***ing large amount of.

Chinatown. I've noticed that if one team only controls C, they can easily get spawnlocked into the market area behind C. This is incredibly frustrating, as there's really one 3 ways out of the market, and they all open to no cover areas, or a choke point.

Downpour. This map sux balls. The MGs get spammed, nades everywhere, and ultimately it reaches the same spawnlock situation as with Wetworks.

Winter Crash Sabotage. Good god, that's the most spawn camp I see in a map from one side ever. Basically, OpFor almost universally gets spawnlocked by their own choice, and the map almost always ends with Sudden Death drawing out to a draw. Plus Winter Crash gets really annoying hearing HOHOHO every 5 seconds.

Also, Crossfire sucks with this many people. Literally, when there's somewhere between 20 and 30 people in the server, you can't go anywhere without smoking virtually the whole map because of how much camping there is. Heck, you can sometimes barely walk out of your spawn without having 3 snipers and a lmg take potshots at you.

Same with Bloc.

And I hate waiting 3 seconds or more before getting back into the game, so HQ on Creek is a no no for me. Plus I believe Creek sux, but I now risk sounding like I hate everything.

tl;dr

Maps that I believe are godsends: Strike

Maps that I enjoy at the moment: Backlot, District, Vacant, Crash, Overgrown

Maps that I enjoy, but realize they can have spawn lock: Countdown, Ambush

Maps that I believe should be strickeb off the face of the earth: Downpour, Shipment, Wetworks, Creek, Bloc, Creek, and Creek.

Maps that I'll qq about, but still play: Bog, Crossfire, Killhouse

^agree with malo, but also Creek does NOT fit in the rotation because: 1. 80% of the ppl complain about it (cuz lets face it, the map sucks) 2. No one ever plays the objective

and about downpour... ive never in my 2 years of cod4 seen so many =F|A= members spectating in one map, and the only reason beeing that they just cant stand the map...