New map rotation

@Malo, I personally don't notice a difference in Chinatown. It's not that those who have C loose (Spets?), but those who don't have B. Get B and you win (and the same holds for Strike Dom with B, Overgrown with A, District with B, Ambush with B, etc..). Have the center position which is easy to defend (nades or only few entrances), and the two others can be played about, but generally you'll always hold another one.

Good --- well constructed --- comments at least :) I still want to keep my original proposal, but Indeed downpour can be left out.

@milli i dont think he specifically stated about killhouse/ bog/ or shipment because everyone knows they suck really bad.

But as Malo said and i stated earlier STRIKE/BACKLOT are where its at... i personally dont have an issue with ChinaTown as long as it's not domination

These 8, this order:

Strike (Dom)

Pipeline(TDM)

Backlot (HQ)

Vacant (TDM)

District(Dom)

Chinatown (TDM)

Ambush (Sab)

Broadcast (TDM)

Since we currenlty have about 12 maps in rotation, these two can be appended:

Overgrown (Dom)

Crossfire (TDM)

I think that would satisfy many people. Btw, does this mean that if there are complaints, you'll redirect those to me? :P

if? you people whine no matter what :P

and there will be more than 8 maps. seems like people get bored with a rotation quicker if its under 10

I'll not whine about this rotation, I promise :P

Cod4 only has 21 maps default. 5 of them (Bog/Wetwork/Killhouse/Shipment/Showndown) are too small for our awesome server. You never choose Crash and winter crash at the same time. So that leaves us 15. Think that 2/3 of those is sufficient for longer than a week, and after that we'll see what we want then. I think you'll pick someone else at semi-random who decides the next map rotation? :)

I would disagree with Ambush being Sabotage, as I remember when it was set to that before and if I recall correctly, it resulted in something similar to Crash Sabotage. Marines would camp their bomb spot, there would always be a person on the mg, and it would degrade to another stalemate.

The difference with Crash sabotage and Ambush sabotage is that both have an equal change of escaping, 3 routes, and neither would be impossibly blocked by a set of snipers. Marines (I think) are slightly better protected by an airstrike, but that is pretty much the only difference. And ofcourse, when you're cornered, you'll have a hard time of escaping. But that's with all (except District) on Sabotage.

(Yeey, first complaint :P Another 40 of those and I'll start understanding wat Milli is complaining talking about :P)

The difference with Crash sabotage and Ambush sabotage is that both have an equal change of escaping, 3 routes, and neither would be impossibly blocked by a set of snipers. Marines (I think) are slightly better protected by an airstrike, but that is pretty much the only difference. And ofcourse, when you're cornered, you'll have a hard time of escaping. But that's with all (except District) on Sabotage.

(Yeey, first complaint :P Another 40 of those and I'll start understanding wat Milli is complaining talking about :P)

Actually, no they don't. When one team gets blocked in, it's into their bombsite, so you have to look at the bombsites location to determine how many escape routes they have. Marines have 3, 2 which lead to the same corridor, a sniper chokepoint, and the other which leads to a clusterf*** chokepoint in general. OpFor has a bombsite visible from the top of the common "glitch" bombed buildings, which also covers one of their three exits, that exit is also covered pretty easily because it's basically a small corridor which leads to two more small corridors, both easily campable. The other two exits leads right to a sniper chokepoint. So no, really, they don't have any way to get out once cornered. The only way is if teams played for the objective, which we all know almost never happens.

And my complaint is from personal experience. We've had Ambush on before for Sabotage, and the games always degraded to what I just outlined. I think it'd be easier to just leave it at TDM.

In my experience Ambush wasn't the worst on Sabotage.

Anyway, I can change it, but I want then another map for sabotage. No sabotage --- even tho it isn't my game style --- is boring. I'm not going to propose Bloc, Crash is a hell on sabotage (worse than Ambush). I can switch it for downpour, but I think other will disagree about that. Furthermore, we have a mixed server, so actually I want to try to switch TDM with another game style.

Anyway, up to you. I just discovered that due to a crashed pc (really crashed, hopefully power supply dead, otherwise its my mobo and I don't have a spare of that..), I won't be able to play this week anymore :X

Edited by Rolf

Sabotage on Strike isn't that bad. It can either end really fast, or have a decent chance to push for both sides. It worked fairly well when it was on rotation before.

And if we still have HQ can we reduce the wait time to like 1.5 seconds :< I don't like getting trolled by dying right before the HQ is captured then having to wait for the HQ to be destroyed. I would like at least a smaller window for that to happen.

Would this satisfy you then? Switched Broadcast also domination (although the points aren't that well balanced, nothing close tho the entrance with the stairs..)

Broadcast (Dom)

Pipeline(TDM)

Backlot (HQ)

Vacant (TDM)

District(Dom)

Chinatown (TDM)

Strike (Sab)

Ambush (TDM)

Overgrown (Dom)

Crossfire (TDM)

I like all maps except Bloc and Broadcast but thats just personal preferece. It would be nice to see more objective-based types like sabotage and less TDM

But if we cant change that, its fine, im happy as it is :)

and how is Bog too small? its pretty big comapred to other maps, and its pretty awesome