I can see through walls

Kronos

I've got some cvar that has to do with graphics that changed and I can see through certain walls. It's extremely annoying as I try and shoot someone and it turns out there's actually a wall in front of them. Seems a bit cool and helpful right? but no, usually I already know where these people are and this just makes me waste bullets.

Attach this file down there doesn't seem to work for me, so I'll do it old fashioned way.

On adlernest you can see the yellow sign is distorted along with the garage door. Also the back wall you can see the rocks through it. On temple there's a medic standing behind a pillar, and then the people walking on the axis spawn walkway you can see their legs and such.

http://img826.images...42adlernest.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of this? I've already tried execing default configs and resetting things, but a cvar would be nice so I could just take it straight out of my config.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahaha i used to get that on my old computer... emachine.

worst comp ever..

i have it, and it has non existing customer support, and all your calls are routed to india, and seriously most of them dont even know half of what im talking about, and keeps telling me to reboot the computer.

anyway ahem,

WALLHACK.

lolol lucky you, you got yourself a legal wallhack! :D

I've seen this case before just forgot what r_settings or w/e cvar it revolved around. =[

Yeah, it used to be fine but i was trying to improve fps, my brother told me a bunch of r_ cvars to change, some of them helped and one did this..... I remember i got rid of it somehow before, but when i started playing again when i re-exec'd config this happened.

• Platinum VIP

I have the same thing happen on ET beach. It only happens when I'm zoomed with a sniper and there's someone standing right behind the bunker walls. I've never had it happen on any other map so I figured it was just poor map making. Apparently not though.

I'm surprised punkbuster didn't kick you out of the server for illegal cvar settings. I used to have a config that made the opposing team glow a little, so you can see them well through corners, but after pb updated, it kicked me for illegal cvars. If you don't get kicked for it, I'd keep that setting... what you have there is a legal wall hack. haha

what you have there is a wallhack , it is a bannable offence and i wouldnt be surprised if you got :banned for it

lolol

1) if he had a wallhack why would he post evidence about it?

2) if he had a wallhack why would he ask us how to get rid of it?

3) if he had a wallhack that pbs not kicking him for it would be private, why would he throw his money/undetectedness away by bringing it to our forums.

I'm surprised punkbuster didn't kick you out of the server for illegal cvar settings. I used to have a config that made the opposing team glow a little, so you can see them well through corners, but after pb updated, it kicked me for illegal cvars. If you don't get kicked for it, I'd keep that setting... what you have there is a legal wall hack. haha

A legal inconsistent wallhack, sounds annoying as hell.

Gl fixing this dude.

either way , its a wallhack , he may well have come to aquire it by accident , maybe i should have explained what i was trying to say a little better , i was merely stating that if it was detected he would be banned for it , was just trying to say thats a bannable offence (if detected of course)

i was in a rush before so didnt have much time to type , my best advice would be to copy your etkey somewhere and do a complete reinstall of et , minus the offending config of course , and maybe get yourself a new config or google each cvar you have to see which it may be , could be a long process but would/should sort your problem

gl

I've seen this before...but like the others damned if I can remember wth the cvar was.

You don't happen to be running at 1280x720 do you? I'm sure someone will remember it. I'll have to do some digging around through one of my old cfgs. Ani probably knows what it is off the top of his head.

@Screamer: Your half right, but completely wrong.

Lol, I can see through walls if I do Alt + Enter enough. Maybe the computer CBF drawing walls anymore...

Nah jks, but I can see people who I saw before, for example the first hill at Allies spawn in Temple, if I see a sniper, hit them, and they retreat, I can still see them behind the rock

All the ppl screaming wallhack are retarded. Its caused by a r_depthbits, r_colorbits and r_texturebits. the lower quality textures clip slightly letting you see through them. It only lets you see through some things, like certain rocks and windows.