I can see through walls

Kronos

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the ppl screaming wallhack are retarded. Its caused by a r_depthbits, r_colorbits and r_texturebits. the lower quality textures clip slightly letting you see through them. It only lets you see through some things, like certain rocks and windows.

+1 for giving an honest answer! :thanks

I've seen this before...but like the others damned if I can remember wth the cvar was.

You don't happen to be running at 1280x720 do you? I'm sure someone will remember it. I'll have to do some digging around through one of my old cfgs. Ani probably knows what it is off the top of his head.

@Screamer: Your half right, but completely wrong.

I think I'm like 920 760 or something. Yeah aniki told me to change a bunch of r_ settings to increase my fps, and that problem happened after. I didn't mind it for awhile, but later when i asked him what he told me to change he said he couldn't remember, and he still can't lol.

For all of you thinking it would be helpful, its not. At all. In the pictures you can see how the walls just have slits in them so you can see the background, yeah well those slits move as you move. The way I play, or used to play before this, I snap to movement as its usually an enemy. At first I was constantly snapping to nothing, now I can't see when people move because most of the time they move with the background. Adlernest on axis is the worst, looking down into the generator room half of the wall moves around as I do, making it extremely hard to pick out enemies.

Valk you have any idea what values I should put them to? And is it a mixture of all 3 of those or is there just one that I should mess around with?

• Administrators

This type of thing used to happen to me years ago when I had that Nvidia 6000 series vid card, you could see thru stuff but in all the wrong places. @ screamer serious business lol

• Clan Friend

try

seta r_depthbits 24

in your config.

no wonder they put things like

sv_cvar r_depthbits IN 24 32

in etpro configs, imho the server config is to blame, since all cvars which can be used in 'strange' ways should be restricted

I'm not gonna post the values that will cause it, but setting them to

r_depthbits 24
r_texurebits 16
r_colorbits 24

should fix it.

• Platinum VIP

109256971-3.jpg

I realize the problems already been solved but heres a screenshot in case anyone was curious. Dunno why its so dark, I play with my brightness at 2.

Edited by Aft3rmath

try re-change it to 2 by esc,options,system,callibrate brightness or check your monitors brightness cause 2 should be brighter than a lightbulb.

I'm not gonna post the values that will cause it, but setting them to

r_depthbits 24
r_texurebits 16
r_colorbits 24

should fix it.

Thanks, worked in hardcore but I haven't tried it in jaymod. Doesn't work in silent though. Silent is weird with cvars, but anyways when i try and change them nothing happens, and when i check the values on them they don't change, and there's a value below current and default that says latched. Not sure what it means, kinda makes me think its like forced, but mines not forced to that. Hell I can't even get it to that value.

Okay nevermind it doesn't work in hardcore. All the little glitchy stuff is still there.

• Clan Friend

Thanks, worked in hardcore but I haven't tried it in jaymod. Doesn't work in silent though. Silent is weird with cvars, but anyways when i try and change them nothing happens, and when i check the values on them they don't change, and there's a value below current and default that says latched. Not sure what it means, kinda makes me think its like forced, but mines not forced to that. Hell I can't even get it to that value.

Okay nevermind it doesn't work in hardcore. All the little glitchy stuff is still there.

after you change some cvars you must do:

/vid_restart

so for example

/seta r_depthbits 24

/vid_restart

there are no 'weird' mods. it all depends on the fact that you don't write some vars in your config with seta, or you have a different .cfg loaded by autoexec, so they are overridden by that.

edit:

maybe you are forcing some option in your gfx card control panel, or software like ati tray tools or rivatuner, so it bypasses some et cvars

Edited by SunLight

after you change some cvars you must do:

/vid_restart

so for example

/seta r_depthbits 24

/vid_restart

there are no 'weird' mods. it all depends on the fact that you don't write some vars in your config with seta, or you have a different .cfg loaded by autoexec, so they are overridden by that.

edit:

maybe you are forcing some option in your gfx card control panel, or software like ati tray tools or rivatuner, so it bypasses some et cvars

Yeah I did vid_restart. Unless I have to do that everytime I join the server. I checked the values when i joined hardcore and they were the correct ones above, yet the problem was still there. I didn't restart vid then, but I did before. Nope silent mod is weird lol. Not sure in what way, but I've never seen "latched" cvar values before.

update your drivers. this has nothing to do with a ET cvar.

i had something similar years ago, and reinstalling drivers fixed the problem.

Let's pretend I'm dumb and have never done this before along with being too lazy to google it. What's the first step?