Hoglander – Blueger – Lafferty

Di Giuseppe – Suter – Joshua

Hughes – Soucy

Cole – Hronek

Myers – Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

Key words

In paper Vancouver should be playoff team. I think start of season last year was mess. Boudreau was treated disrespectfully, he didnt earn that. I did love how Vancouver fans supported Bruce. I think its show how great fans Vancouver have. They honored Bruce in great way, way what he earned. Tocchet is very good coach, underrated coach. In paper team is clear playoff team. They have bit thin wingers group, but centers are strong. Defenders are strong. Hronek have potential to be 40-50 points player and he is good two-way defender. Soucy, and Cole are underrated defensive defenders. Goalies are biggest question mark. Demko havent been able to live with big contract and exceptions. Petterson and Hughes are great cornerstones where to build future strong playoff team. They prospect bank is not so wide that it should be for team who missed playoffs 8 in last 9 season. There old GM Benning made poor job. I think they should look better starter. They should take third place in Pasific and could go to second round too.

Vegas

Ratings (1-10)

Offence: 8,5

Defence: 8,5

Goalies: 7

Special Teams: 8

GM/Coach: 9,5

Total: 41,5

Most Overrated: Adin Hill (G)

Most Underrated: Chandler Stephensno (C/LW)

MVP: Mark Stone (RW)

Biggest talent: Carl Lindbom (G)

Project Line Ups

Marchessault – Eichel – Stone

Barbashev – Stephenson – Roy

Cotter – Karlsson – Amadio

Carrier – Howden – Kolesar

Martinez – Pietrangelo

McNabb – Theodore

Miromanov – Whitecloud

Thompson

Hill

Key words:

Team havent change a lot, but i think its be difficult them to repead last year long run. Pasific is weakest division so they should go to conference finals. If Vegas would play in Central or Metropolitan they probably wouldnt get past to first round and could be even wild card team in regular season. Vegas was good team, and they won Dallas last year, but this year Dallas and Colorado are both stronger and if they stay healthy it would be very difficult to win them in playoffs. Against Boston, Tampa or Carolina in Stanley Cup finals Vegas would have more difficulties to win. I dont say they didnt earn to win Cup, they was hot streak right time and they coach got them play great hockey what was most suitable to they roster. Cassidy is great coach, he use two way hockey, meaning you players not make 100+ points, but points is divided more equally. Roster is bit thin in wingers group, but D group is great. Vegas prooved last year, thats its not matter what your team look at paper, good team play and great two-way game can beat stronger teams. Hill contract was bit risky and remind Binnington case. Hill been back up or third goalie most of the career. Hill is bit irregular and havent been able to be starter full season yet. I see more potential on Thompson, but Hill isnt bad choise to be starter either, 4,9 milj with only one good playoff run is just bit too much. There is a lot teams who have weaker goalies than Vegas, so Vegas not need to be worried on they goalies. I think how they treated Fleury couple year ago was wrong. They also traded most of orginal team. Team has very strong center group. Stone is best two-way winger and great leader. Prediction: In paper team isnt strongest favorite to win Cup, but they coach is one of NHL best and they teamplay been always one of best in NHL. Should go to playoffs and second or conference finals round.

Washington

Ratings (1-10)

Offence: 8

Defence: 6,5

Goalies: 7

Special Teams: 6

GM/Coach: 5,5

Total: 33.5

Most Overrated: Anthony Mantha (RW/LW)

Most Underrated: Nick Dowd (C/RW)

MVP: Alexander Ovechkin (LW)

Biggest talent: Vincent Iorio (D)

Project Line Ups

Ovechkin – Bäckström – Wilson

Pacioretty – Strome – Oshie

Milano – Kuznetsov – Mantha

McMichael – Dowd – Protas

Sandin – Carslon

Fehervary – Iorio

Jensen – Edmundson

Kuemper

Lindgren

Key words

Washington offensive group is wide and strong, but top 6 is bit old. I dont know if they top 6 is oldest in NHL? Because Washington was Stanley condentor many years they prospect poll is thin. Washington team is going ahead rebuild, but they was playoff team most of Ovechkin career. I try to stay away political topics, but NHL way to marketing Ovechkin who is Putin close friend is very very wrong and ugly. There is more important things in world than someone breaking NHL goal record, but as always money talk. I would have a lot more to say, but this is hockey news, not political topic. Washington have strong forward line ups. They also have widness in there. Aubé-Kubel, Snively could see some game time too.I hope Pacioretty get healthy and play in this season. Mantha should improve and he been big disappointment in Washington. Häman Aktell and Iorio could see some time in defence group. They are promising young defenders, even that Hämän Aktell is 25 year, he is still rokie and playing first season in North America. Sandin show flash of his potential after trade to Washington. Some other divisions team could be playoff team, but in strong Metropolitan they have hard time to get in the top three. Wild cards could both go to Atlantics teams. Kuemper is solid number one goalie, not NHL star, but solid and 5milj cap hit is right for him. Miss the playoffs.

Winnipeg

Ratings (1-10)

Offence: 7,5

Defence:7

Goalies: 9

Special Teams: 7,5

GM/Coach: 6

Total: 37

Most Overrated: Nate Schmidt (D)

Most Underrated: Kyle Connor (LW)

MVP: Connor Hellebuyck (G)

Biggest talent: Thomas Milic (G)

Project Line Ups

Connor – Scheifele – Vilardi

Niederreiter – Perfetti – Ehlers

Iafallo – Lowry – Kupari

Barron – Namestnikov – Appleton

Morrissey – Pionk

Dillon – DeMelo

Chisholm – Schmidt

Hellebuyck

Brossoit

Key words:

Cheveldayoff is second longest in GM. Maybe its time to try new boss? They been 6/12 at playoffs and once in conference finals. He had builded good teams tho, but also missed playoffs six time. This might be seventh time when they miss playoffs. They are in race of last playoffs spots again. He made that Laine – Dupois trade what i think Columbus won, because Roslovic and Laine are still in team with good contracts. He re-traded Dupois and that trade is clear victory. He avoided to sign Dupois to expensive contract and got three talented forwards back who all have potential to be 50+ points player in NHL. Vilardi can be better than Dupois this year or next couple years and then you got Iafallo and Kupari as bonus. Dupois probably ask to be traded again in couple years when Kings going ahead rebuild and Dupois havent shown a lot loyalty in past. Kupari has potential, to be more productive. Iafallo has been solid point producter and has potential to repead 40 point season from 2019-2020 season. Pefertti is they future number one center. He has high potential. Wheeler is out now, it was a lot talk that he was locker room cancer and same talk has been told on Scheifele too. I think couple year ago they had one of best teams in NHL and had all the tools to win Cup, but to win Cup you have to have healthy lockerroom, maybe thats why they wasnt able to win Cup. Hellebuyck is still one of NHL best goalies and he give team chance to win every night. D-group is balanced and forward group is wide and have star player Connor to lead it. Connor not get all the recognasation what he should get. He is star level player. Morrisey played his best season, but its difficult to see him repead that. I dont see Winnipeg going full repuild in coming years. This year i believe they might playoffs spot, because they have good widness in every position, only question is coach Bowness, i dont see him top 20 coach in of NHL. I dont think Bowness is right coach to lead this team, they need more offensive minded guy, who give more freedom to they players. Maybe under new coach these younger players could reach they full potential.

• Like 2

Here come my regular season prediction and teams who i think go to playoffs. I made these all before season started. Some non-playoffs teams could have higher overal rating, but in my prediction i try to take account different factors, like players and team progressions. If i get even 10 playoff team right i will be happy and if i get even 5-6 team in right position i will be very glad. There is always variables what you cant predict like injuries etc.. So lets see :) I hope you enjoyd read my NHL news and predictions.

Pls feel free to send you prediction on who will be playoffs teams and who's not.

Metropolitan  

Overal

Rating

Central  

Overal

Rating

1 Carolina 44,5   1 Dallas 44,5
2 Rangers 38,5   2 Colorado 43,5
3 New Jersey 37,5   3 Nashville 36,5

Atlantic   Overall Rating   Pasific  

Overal

Rating

1 Toronto 39   1 Edmonton 38
2 Tampa Bay 41,5   2 Vegas 41,5
3 Ottawa 34,5   3 Vancouver 34

Wild Card       Wild Card    
1 Buffalo 33,5   1 St. Louis 36

In the race for last Wild Card  

Overal

Rating

In the race for last Wild Card  

Overal

Rating

Florida 40     Winnipeg 37
  Pittsburgh 37,5     Minnesota 35
  Boston 37     Los Angeles 32
          Calgary 31
Might Suprise and take Last Wild Card  

Overal

Rating

Columbus 29   Might Suprise and take Last Wild Card  

Overal

Rating

Islanders 36,5     Arizona 24,5
  Detroit 32,5     San Jose 24

Out of the playoff picture  

Overal

Rating

Washington 33   Out of the playoff picture  

Overal

Rating

Philadelphia 24,5     Seattle 29,5
  Montreal 21,5     Anaheim 28,5
          Chicago 16,5

Overall Prediction:

Metropolitan:

Metroplitan is strongest Division. There Carolina, Rangers and NJ is top three. NJ question mark is goalies and coach and those could drop them to Wild cards, but theyshould be playoff team anyway. If Ruff right guy to lead NJ is question mark? NJ has potential to be season biggest negative surprise too and dropp out from playoffs. Carolina could win regular season, but playing in strongest division eat some overall points from them on Presidents Trophy race. Rangers has strongest goalie from these three and Carolina has strongest Defence and forwards. NJ has most potential to imporove and got more progress fromt they young players.

Atlantic:

Toronto is strongest team in Atlantic now and Tampa should be in top 3 too. Either Buffalo or Ottawa could take that third place in division. Florida also can take that third place in division. Buffalo and Ottawa are teams who could progress most and from Tampa is hard to wait to get progression from they players, when most of them playing with they full potential already. Missing Vasilevsky for two first month give too big head start for Toronto in points. Toronto play bit weaker division than Carolina, so they could take Presidents Trophy and win East Conference. Atlantic is bit more wide, in Atlantic there is several teams who could take that third spot, when in Metropolitan Top 3 is bit more clear.

Wild Cards:

Buffalo is my favorite in Wild card race and should take Wild card place if they not get in top three in Atlantic. Florida should take playoff spot too, but you never know on them, they could dropp too, paper they should be clear playoff team, but goalies is huge question mark. Is they Florida from last regular season or from playoffs? If Pittsburgh or Boston would play inPasific division they could be playoff teams. Losing Bergeron will hurt a lot and not able to find any free agents to fill that spot or not having young players who could take those spots what Krejci and Bergeron left could cost them playoff spot. But they d and goalies are better than Pittsburgh or Florida. So goalies and defenders can lead them in the playoffs. You cant leave Pittsburgh out on discussion either, they biggest question mark is goalies and they cant lose any top 2 line wingers to injuries, but they have probably NHL best coach who can bring them a lot extra ponts.

Rest:

You cant never leave Islanders out of playoff picture, they play very defence minded game and they have best goalie duo in NHL. Lacking offensive power might cost them playoff spot this year, when other teams which was bellow them last year has got stronger in summer. Detroit is team who dont have clear direction, they havent started full rebuild, but they havent been good enought to playoffs either, Yzeman doing strange decisions in there. But in NHL you cant never count anyone out if they look good in paper. Columbus has huge bank of super talents, they d-group is probably NHL widest. They have new coach and you never know when those young guys spark and find they pontenial, team is sleeping team, just like Ottawa and Buffalo was last couple years. Probably it take Columbus one to two more year to be serious playoff canditate. Goalies are huge question mark for Columbus.Washington is team who should start re-build, but they probably wait till Ovechkin pass Gretzky goal record. Philadelphia and Montreal is middle of rebuild, but they have some young players who is interesting to follow this year.

Central:

If Metropolitan has tittle of strongest divsion, Central has two biggest Stanley Cup favorite. In my ratings there was only 0,5 difference in Offence for Dallas, Defence for Colorado, Specials for Dallas and GM/Coach 0,5 for Colorado. Only in goalies Dallas have clear advange to Colorado. That can be deciding factor in playoffs and regular season. Both Dallas and Colorado has one of widest groups in NHL. They had good salary cap control and only McKinnon make more than 10 milj per year. Anyone from group of Winnipeg, St. Louis, Nashville or Minnesota could take that spot 3 in division. It was hardest division to predict who will take that third spot. I predict Nashville will be strongest candidate to take that third. They have big question marks too as all of these teams. In paper they have bit stronger and more wide group than St. Louis, Winnipeg or Minnesota. Brunette as coach is big question mark Can they young very promising forwards score enough is question mark also. I think Blues, Jets and Wild have better first line centers. Nashville d-group (8,5 rating) is a lot better than Wild (6,5), Blues (7,5) or Jets (7). Overall goalies are best too comparated to STL, MIN or WPG. But any of these teams can take that third spot in Central.

Pasific:

Edmonton has team what is build for regular season. I also think that if team would lose McDavid and Draisatl same time for month it could benefit team because they have players who can product if they would get more gametime.Vegas is better team than Edmonton, but they are build more for playoffs and EDM for regular season. So in regular season EDM should be stronger, when in playoffs Vegas should be stronger and advance if they see in second round. Edmonton is one of favorites to win President Trophy too if McDavid and Draistal stay healthy. Vancouver is good team, better than many want to admit. Tocchet is good coach. Boudreau is great coach too, but if you look roster its more suitable to Tocchet type of coach. It would be huge disappontment if team dont take third spot in Pasific, because they have star lvl players in Center and d-group. Overall widness is not in same lvl what EDM and VGS have so it not yet enought to challange those two. Golies is Vancouver biggest question mark and i am very surprised that they havent try to look upgrade in goal. Tocchet has got goalies look better tho, so maybe Demko finally is able to bounchback and play with level of his salary and potential.

Wild Card

I think both Wild Card places probably will go to Central teams. I think Winnipeg should be first Wild Card, but i dont believe Bowness skills as coach to lead them in playoff. In paper they have stronger team than LAK, MIN, STL. But you cant count them out from race because good team and great goalie. Minnesota is in race too They been playoffs now 10 from last 11 year. 9 of 10 if you dont count playoffs qualifier loss as playoffs. But they have lost 7 time now in first round. They miss star center and they got more weak than other teams who was behind them. All other potential wild card teams have better defence group and star defender(s) If Binnington would come back to his Stanley Cup year lvl, St. Louis would be very strong and could go long in playoffs. They have strong defence and offence, they have good coach too. Maybe Binnington could get in 91,00% and 2,60GA and then team should be in playoffs. Los Angeles can surprise, you cant left them out. Kopitar is great two-way player, even that goalies are huge question mark in there, they center group is strong. If Talbot can bounchback and Copley surprise and play career year, they can take wild card place or even third place in Pasific. Calgary should use Wolf in net. He is most promising goalie in there and he could lead team to playoffs. He been AHL best goalie twice now. I admire on not to asking trade, but staying loyal to Calgary. Last season was difficult for Calgary, but they have all the chances take that third spot in Pasific or they could be non playoff team who not even compite in playoff spot. There is too many question marks around Calgary and its make it hardest team to predict.

Rest:

Arizona remind me on Buffalo couple year ago. Its team who have potential to surprise, but havent been able to do it. I will follow Arizona more closely this year when my favorite players Zucker and Dumba is signed in there. San Jose could surprise, they have offence who could product, but San Jose missing offensive defenders, so it might be very difficult for San Jose to make goals. Is San Jose only team who dont have any 30 point player from d-group? If Quinn get some young talents play well and they can find some offence from d-group (Thrun?) they might surprise. If San can play solid two-way hockey and grind some important points. I know most of ppls not predict Seattle dropping so far away from playoffs. If Daccord can take lead in goalie baddle and give them solid goalie game they might compite and be middle non playoff team, but i see hard them to take playoff spot when other teams improved a lot and have more star power. Anaheim and Chicago is going rebuild and its take them couple year to be back in playoffs. I think Chicago is weakest team, because Anaheim has more talented young players. Both it will be difficult season for both of them.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 2

We have seen two week of NHL hockey now and all team has played 3-6 games. I watched allmost every 9 min recapts. Here what i have noticed.

Buffalo been biggest disappointment. I did had couple questions on them in my early season prediction and one was Granato and one was Levi. I think Granato choosing to give Levi first 4 stars row was mistake. I am big believer on good goalie management. I think its key to give both goalies start as fast as possible in start of season. I think that back up should play either in game two or three. But Buffalo going 4 straight game for Levi was surprising, when Levi did lose first two. I think second mistake was that when Levi finally won game three, they did go back to him in game four and they lose again. I think it should be wise to go back up in game four. I think its shows that Granato is not right guy to lead team, more experienced coach would have recognised importance of giving both goalies start fast and recognice that Levi is still rookie, who havent use to play so many games in so short period. Good goalie management is key in long season. If both goalies have good game rythm and is playing well, its always better than being dependent on one goalie who dont have experience in NHL lvl yet. Season is very early, but i think they should try to look new coach already. There is couple big good names free. Also giving head start now, would cost them later, when some of teams like Florida and Tampa who been loosing too, would start to win when they get they star players back, what make Buffalo harder to make they rise in standings.

Nashville also has go with only Saros. Giving him 6 game row is huge mistake from Brunette. I knew it was huge risk to hire Brunette. I saw him closely when i was following Minnesota, when he was assist there. He is very stubborn coach, he dont want change this a lot. He was running our PP and he didnt do changes there when we was strugling. That cost him job in Florida too. Why not to use back up, when you have that and Lankinen is strong and good back up. Its a lot harder to find rythm if you get your first start after two week and once or twice in month. Also it would help Saros too in long run, if he would get rest regulary.

Montreal and Flyers has started season very well. I hope they could continue they great game, but it will be hard to do so. Detroit also started season very well. I did knew they are team who has surprise potential and now when DeBrincat and Larkin have great chemistry and they take good lead in points to Buffalo, they might take that playoff spot. Boston also started season better than i did wait, they been able to continue great defence play, thats is key them to success this year.

Edmonton will be without McDavid couple week and i think it might be best thing to happen for them, because now they have to give some younger or third/fourth line guy more minutes and if that guy start product, it have to open coaches eyes and when McDavid come back, they have to still continue giving that guy more minutes and that can solve they secondary scoring problem. Often coaches just run same lineups and same guys in PP/PK and not give enough chances to third/fourth line guys and when big stars if injured, it open spots to third/fourth liners to shine and show they potential and force coach to use them more when bigger stars is back. There is a lot old style coaches, who favor they start players, but luckly there is coming those new type of coaches who believe of importance of running four lines. There is many ways to win in NHL and hockey. You can win by running just two lines and using biggest stars a lot, but i believe that good gametime control and running four lines improve your chances. Thats always been tactic in Finnish national teams, and often by using that tactic they been able to win teams, who has run just two lines or giving huge gaming time to superstars.

When San Jose win they first game? They have couple key injuries and i did predict that Quinn is weakest coach in NHL. They had good two-way forwards and good defensive defenders, but they biggest problem has been defence play, when it should have been starting offences. Also sending Thrun in AHL is bit strange? I think they also should try to search new coach, they cant save this year anymore, but good start would have been key, and they failed to do so. In paper teams is better than what outcome show, no they are not playoff team in paper, but they shouldnt been weakest team either.

I am happy that Columbus has started season well. Elvis was strong in his two first start and maybe he is back to his old lvl. Last game was difficult, but he just came after being sick. Losing Laine in dirty hit from Andersson (CGY) is bad, I hope Laine will be healthy soon, even that he havent product a lot as center, he is key in PP. I think team should use him in winger. Texier start been disappointment tho. Team has potential. I was glad they did call Jiricek from AHL. He is ready in NHL, yes defence play not there yet, but he can help them in offence zone. Its early, but look like adding Provorov and Severson and having healthy Werenski has help they defence game and they not give so many goals anymore. Its very early, but if they can play solid two-way hockey they could challange teams for that last wild card place.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this season we will see the Bruins & Golden Knights going very far. These two teams, albeit Vegas being a relatively new franchise, have done very well & their goals-for versus goals-against ratios are amazing. In addition, they are not only top ranked in their divisions; they are #1. Yes, Bruins flopped in the playoffs last season - but they lost to the team that made the final. To add to that, they still beat them multiple times - it's not like they got swept. Moreover, they got nearly 70 wins in the regular season last season. In today's hockey - this is unheard of. The final had Vegas defeating Florida 4-1. I thought the series would be closer to be honest; but it is what it is. The NHL playoffs comes with tons of surprises & a lot of top-tier teams end up getting eliminated early, or the finals end up being completely one-sided like it was last season. There is also the magical factor called "luck" involved, so we'll see what happens. 

• Like 1

Yes Bruins has been biggest positive surprise for me in first month. I think they coach doing great job and they players buy the system. Its start from biggest stars like Pastarnak, some others teams he could make more goals and points, but Bruins is playing great defesive minded twoway game what is suitable to they roster. Goalies has done good job. Swayman would be more clear starter in some other teams and Ullmark has continued good regular season game in Boston.

There has been several teams who i ranked bottom of league to start well. I am happy on Anaheim progress. Dostal playing very well in goal and McTavish (they future Captain) has take huge progress. New coach also got them play better defence play. I was very surprised they let Dallas Eakins be they coach so long. Do he has worst record from all NHL coaches who coached at least at least 250 games? At least his teams dont know how to defence, same problem when he was at EDM. I think Zegras contract looks better now when McTavish is they future number 1C and Carlsson number 2C and Zegras moved to wing.

Flyers also started better than i waited. Hart got injured, so they might had hard times coming. Tortorella is great coach, he get more out of his players, but he also consume his players, so he not often last many years in coach at same team. Overall i learn to like Tortorella, he is hard, but i think he is fair coach, he not watch your salary, he bench you if you dont play well, but he also give you chances before he dropping out anyone from playing roster.

Teams who might surpise Arizona has started well, i knew they could have chance to go in playoffs, but central is so hard division that i put them out. Columbus also played very well. Yes they are .500 at now, but they could easily have 4 more points. They lost couple overtime game where they was better team. They lost some games because individual mistakes. Also Laine injury hurt a lot. Overall i have liked what new coach Vincent has been doing in there. Defence play is better. They are young team so they make some mistakes now and then, but overall they play look a lot stronger than in last couple seasons. I also like how he keep players honest, he could scratch player if he not play well. Merzlikins been better this year. He had a lot breakways what he had to save, but there gone couple easy one too, but overall he look a lot better. Taking playoff spot will be hard tho, because some teams behind have stronger rosters so let see.

San Jose havent been surprise, i knew they could dropp bottom of league, i put them in surprise categoria, but i knew they coach Quinn is probaby one of weakest coach in NHL. Also that they lack offensive defender make them almost impossible to start fast attacks and they have been using 5 forwards in first PP unit. Sending probably best offensive defender Thrun to AHL was strange call too. I did predict that SJ might be only team who not have any d-man over 30 point and could be possible that non of defenders dont hit either 20 points this season. They have good forwards, but you cant great offence without help from d-group. Do they make record of least points in regular season? Its possible. Its shame tho, because my biggest idols Kunin and Granlund is playing in there and they are also in my Fantasy team. I dont change them for any reasons except injuries.

Edmonton When starts talk on firing coach Woodcroft? In overall i think he done good job. With him Edmonton won more playoffs games than before him (in McDavid era) Edmonton also played great game under him. He created gamestyle what is very offensive, and when its not work you give a lot goals against. They losing becaue they give up so much goals. Overall i believe that in paper team should be Stanley Cup team, they have only one 10 milj salary, instead three what Toronto have. Draistail have one of NHL best contract and if they can trade Nurse contract and get 9 milj to use two players they would be very strong, but i do believe they should change coach. Some one who have high authority, who could make EDM as united team not McDavid/Draisatl team. I think they should hire coach, who would play lines more equally, and give PP time more equally. Lets remember Colorado won Cup when Rantanen and McKinnon was playing 21min mark, and lost in first round when they was playing 22mark. Also its not always that TOI/G but how many 25+min games you play what get you tired when playoffs come. Example from Colorado Stanley cup year they had 8 players playing more than 2 min per game in PP time, EDM had 6. Colorado had 15 players playing at least 0:58 PP/timer per game and EDM had 9 player. Its get team more united when you share everyone some PP time.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, L3ftY. said:

@von Rantala  you must be watching the Wild vs Leafs right at this minute  

Screenshot_20231119_031045_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20231119_034301_Reddit.jpg

Actually Wild isnt my first team anymore xD San Jose is because Granlund and Kunin who are my biggest idols now after M.Koivu retired playing in there. I now days watch those long (10min) recapts videos from DTMS site (dont tell me the scores). I watch all most all recapts. I like it more, because i can follow more players and teams in same time what one game would take time for me (2,5h) I like Oettinger too a lot, so Dallas is my second team. I also watch all Toronto recapts too and Edmonton and Vancouver too. I like what Quinn Hughes is doing in Vancouver. Edmonton, i dont want to even think about, McDavid and Draisatl are jokes in defence zone, they always cheated there and that cost 4 coaches they jobs and fans always love to blame they goalies, who area always left alone. I never hated any player before, but i hate how McDavid play and he get everything forgiven because he make 120-150 points per season. I dont wait them to be Selke finalsts, but best example of they lazyness in d-zone was that TBL 2-2 teing goal, they stop skating and Draistal even turned away, before goal was scored. You never stop skating. McDavid is team GM and Coach, because he has given that role. They bring his old coach, junior teammate, and agent in team. I dont follow NBA, but is this commin in there? Anyway i think EDM should trade McDavid and in new team McDavid shouldt get freepass on everything and then he and Edmonton could win Cups (seperate years ofc). Ofc in Playoff everything is possible and hot streak can lead you to long like FLA did show last year and MTL couple year before and when ST. Louis won Cup, and Edmonton is trusting that when they let McDavid and Draisatl play like they do.

Anyway, i love hockey still a lot, i just found more enjoyment on watching thoses 10 min recapts, i like when i can follow Kunin, Granlund, Rantanen, Oettinger, Dumba, Heiskanen, Brodin, Aho, Belpedio (yees finally playing in NHL), Jeannot and all of other favorite players. Columbus, Toronto and Vancouver i mainly follow because they are interesting teams to follow. I started to like Hronek more and more and Texier and Danforth ex-Liiga (finnish hockey league) players taking role in NHL. Lately they been best Columbus players. Maybe in playoffs i could start follow just one/two team like in past, but now i enjoy more on watching many teams and many of my favorite players. I also follow Buffalo, i think they roster should be playoff team and i am very interested to see Levi progression in coming years. I also would love to see D.Wolf (CGY) more in NHL. I will watch every recapts videos where he is playing in goal.

@D..X I think i did questioned that Klingberg signin in my prediction post. What have you like about his game? In recapts he is so lost so often. I knew he is huge rist in d-zone, but how badly he strugled in d-zone is ugly. That guy could cost you some playoff games and i hope not serie. I did hear from Friedman that you wanted to bring Dumba. Oh boy, if you could got him, how much better it would have made your d-play. He is not same offensive force as he was before, but he is huge leader, give his hearth for game and is very good in d-zone. Look at Minnesota. They are last in PK and second last in GAA(goalies) after losing Dumba. They defence been mess without him. Even losing Koivu didnt hurt them as much as losing Dumba. Dumba is very underrated player, because his salary is bit high to his points, but ppls dont always see what he bring to team. What you think about your goalies? I think Toronto often put blame to goalies, but Anderssen been great playing outside of Toronto, but wasnt great in playing Toronto. Woll is promising, and Samsonov has return of lvl what he was playing in WSH. Goalies are hard to get, but maybe you could try to get Saros from NSH. I dont think he is going anywhere and i pray he not end in Edmonton. I think you could try to trade Skinner, i think he great goalie, and i hope someone trade him, before he lose his confidence in playing Edmonton. Outside of Edmonton he would be top goalies of league. Yes he wasnt great in playoff last year, but it was his rookie season. I know you Toronto fans would love to get Gibson from Anaheim, maybe after Dostal elevating game they could trade him. I am happy for Gibson now, he is back to his old lvl, after coach change and they started to defence front of him. He stayed loayl to team who was awfull defensive team and would be right to him to see Anaheim back in Stanley cup challangers in couple years as him to they starter.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...