ET Hardcore HC SERVER RESURGENCE

4estw1zzard

I've seen S1 very much active starting from US evening time. Players there are mostly from US and surrounding countries. Many folks from Brazil.

Even when I wake up at 8/9 AM in my time, which is late night in the US, it's full of players. I think S1 isn't bad; I maybe wrong as I haven't been there for a while in the US-evening time.

Once in a while I'd find a player in HC with very high XP. I guess some regulars might still be lurking around. 😄

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Suggest the number.  Open for trying but I don't want to make 'panzer' useless. It's one shot 1 kill weapon.. it's not like anyone with that weapon on an avg. goes up in score board consistently on daily basis. 

Is there a way S1 can have the PPSh weapon enabled to be picked up, replacing the other two SMG's.

I for one, want to start playing on S1 more, due to the simple but effective ways, the server is ran.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 3:20 PM, HarryAimpotter said:

I used to play in HC a lot. When ever silent recruiting got too crowded (20+ players), some of us switched over to HC and then more people would join. Right now even silent1 has less the  10 people most of the time. I honestly think its just the lack of players.

Just lack of players for me too!

I like the TK aspect because FOPs can't just throw airstrikes at the objective when their team is trying to complete it. IMO, it changes the effort needed on defense. I'm not saying that offense gets the edge but it definitely evens it out a little more.

Would you guys be interested in SW w/ XP reset for HC? I think that could be a way to get people in. That way each side plays defense and offense.

Edited by knw
Forgot something!
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, 4estw1zzard said:

had a few fellows having fun on HC tonight !!!! 

I'm the "ur gr8!<3" guy, haha. I agree with your original post, I was honestly devastated when I came back and found out my favorite F|A server was emptied. Spent many an hour there since I started playing. The teamdamage aspect is more important than people give it credit for as I feel it encourages mindful playing and attracts the type of player I have the most fun playing with. The teamwork aspect has to be stronger, too. Been on S1 since I came back but definitely isn't the same. The spam is abslutely ridiculous imho, depending on the map sometimes downright unplayable objectively. Would love to try the new ET Legacy server i've been hearing about but I have connected a few times and never see it active whenever I get on. Would love to populate either of them! Perhaps a bunch of us hardcore/legacy enthusiasts can dedicate 1 day/timeframe a week to meet up and play. Would be nice to see! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

16 hours ago, BSM said:

I'm the "ur gr8!<3" guy, haha. I agree with your original post, I was honestly devastated when I came back and found out my favorite F|A server was emptied. Spent many an hour there since I started playing. The teamdamage aspect is more important than people give it credit for as I feel it encourages mindful playing and attracts the type of player I have the most fun playing with. The teamwork aspect has to be stronger, too. Been on S1 since I came back but definitely isn't the same. The spam is abslutely ridiculous imho, depending on the map sometimes downright unplayable objectively. Would love to try the new ET Legacy server i've been hearing about but I have connected a few times and never see it active whenever I get on. Would love to populate either of them! Perhaps a bunch of us hardcore/legacy enthusiasts can dedicate 1 day/timeframe a week to meet up and play. Would be nice to see! 

Hey, nice to see you back :) I remember you was member in past :) If you would like to help make HC more popular again and help our servers and admins you can always send new apply. :) Playing with friends is always more fun, and in here clan you can find a lot friends. Also as member you would get couple extra commands to help us more. HC need more admins who can help server by camping and keep it clean. Think about it :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 1 month later...

had a full lobby for a handful of games tonite, thanks homies and much love ❤️ very fun! <|:^]

1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

It was fun gaming with you tonight! We can get HC back up with help from you guys.

Really appreciate you coming to show support!

• Like 5
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, Peter- said:

It was fun gaming with you tonight! We can get HC back up with help from you guys.

Really appreciate you coming to show support!

thank you for letting us know in silent#1 that it was going down otherwise I wouldn't have known, ur the man! appreciate u

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just throwing out my 2 cents here but FF needs to be off, and definitely need to switch from silent to legacy on S1 and HC. Hitboxes are wayyy better. I think if you eliminate FF on on both servers, traffic will flow to both servers. Having FF on, on S1 lets spamming get out of hand and no punishment for those who just camp doorways and shoot into groups of teammates. will make for more fun games. Or keep S1 as Silent and just switch HC to legacy. Again, just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• ET Member

Turning off FF for both servers, would mean no need for 2 servers.  As they would both be the same.

I think FF in HC is a reason most don't like to play there.   

It's not like the skill level is any better there, because most if not all the players on HC go there from S1 to play a few maps when others are trying to populate it.

I've not played any games on Legacy, so cant say which is better. 

Having FF on Hardcore, among other competitive-like features, is main reason why people prefer it more than other FA servers. And it makes it more distinguishable, there are not that many FA servers with FF on.

S1 (as the name says) + HC have been on silent mod for years. Sudden mod change is not very fair for the regulars. Besides, we already have a Legacy server that has quite similar feel to HC

• Like 1

Again it was just an opinion. I know FA has a legacy server but is Europe based. Maybe leave S1 the way it is and switch HC to legacy to see how it goes? I know HC hasn’t had much traffic lately except for when S1 gets super packed and a bunch of us such as Peter, peaceman, wnk to name a few make the switch over. Legacy has taken over as the new comp mod. It would be cool to play a pub server that isn’t Europe based that is legacy. It’s not a cure all solution but maybe doesn’t hurt to try? 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Again, that's up to HC players if they would like to switch to a different mod. Perhaps other members could share their opinion on this.. 

Opening a legacy server in the US is something we considered. Right now we're focusing on building stable playerbase on the euro one first

On 7/20/2023 at 6:39 PM, trendy said:

Maybe leave S1 the way it is and switch HC to legacy to see how it goes?

Touching S1 would be crime, it's very popular server and it has it's fans :P. About switching HC to legacy mod I'm answering from legacy team perspective here: we are open to help with that. But would like to make it clear - some conditions have to be meet:

• we need some feedback from HC players: do they want the change? Maybe create a topic with poll?
  • we need to have agreement from HC server menagement: they want the change and are open for it. Last thing I want is compete between each other.
  • we have final agreement from server owners.

For now we have our european legacy server and feedback from US players is: server works flawless even for higher ping players. We are still developing the server (a lot of changes soon!) and if all parties would like to exchange HC server to Legacy then we will probably just copy-paste all settings from UE server that's why I would like to invite you all to play and test our UE server. We are open for suggestions and ideas :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1