ET Server Suggestion Beginners2 rnade and grenade

razjee

My suggestion is buff rnade and grenade. Maybe that way rifle will be more popular on the server (now is really weak).

• Like 3
  • 100 3

8 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

Isn't it that on Beginners 2 all classes run Flak Jacket (reducing explosive damage by 50 percent, normally restricted to level 4 engineers)?

I know NQ mod has it, but Beginners 2 doesn't seem to have it.

29 minutes ago, Vasylich said:

I know NQ mod has it, but Beginners 2 doesn't seem to have it.

I have the impression every class has it. Like every class have cvops instant backstab kill.

I kind of like it the way it is now. If we make rnades and grenades more powerful then BEG2 server becomes very similar to NQ1 or Jay1 even. Dont get me wrong, I play in NQ1 and Jay1 too, but I like that different servers have different settings. Smth for everybody.Make g_fixedphysics 1 happen, please!

• 100 1

I agree with Harry. Yet we can change it temporarily, just to see how it will goes...

But please dont forget, a lot of players on Beginners are... beginners. 

Maybe thats why 50% strength is applied. 

4 hours ago, Nancy said:

a lot of players on Beginners are... beginners. 

Agree. Dont forget like decent players only use ppsha with adre and farm this beginners. Imo rifle can even this, but I can be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 100 2

Personally I think that from a balancing stand point explosives definitely need a buff. The mortar is more or less useless, mines imo not worth the effort to plant them aside from a few maps (e.g. in Goldrush to slow down the advancement of the tank), the Panzerfaust - which usually is a "game changer" weapon - is weak, the PPSH with adrenaline aside from choke-point heavy maps definitely the better choice for engineers than rifle nades. 

My ideal settings for Beginners 2 would be to buff explosive damage (debatable by how much, of course, if you buff it too much you could end up with an explosive spam fest), remove adrenaline - always has been a terrible design choice in ET that narrows the skill gap and introduces randomness -, but keep the double jump, lack of fall damage and lack of weapon restrictions (= continue allowing to pick up any weapon without class restrictions from dead players) to distinguish it from Silent 1.

• Like 4
  • 100 1

7 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

The mortar is more or less useless

The mortar is rather not useless, but more of a specific weapon. It is not suitable for all maps for many reasons, not all players know how to use it correctly - I mean how to determine how many degrees you need to set on the aiming scale to hit there or to another point (I heard that there are mortar calculators that help calculate, but it still needs to be found and not all players know about it), the mortar also requires certain game tactics.

15 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

the Panzerfaust - which usually is a "game changer" weapon - is weak

Panzerfaust just needs a little more damage a bit and I think it will get better. 

But if we increase the damage to panzerfaust, then how many units?:hmm

The same question applies to grenades and rifle grenades. Perhaps we should spend a few days of testing in order to come to a definite decision:hmm

1 hour ago, Vasylich said:

The mortar is rather not useless, but more of a specific weapon. It is not suitable for all maps for many reasons, not all players know how to use it correctly - I mean how to determine how many degrees you need to set on the aiming scale to hit there or to another point (I heard that there are mortar calculators that help calculate, but it still needs to be found and not all players know about it), the mortar also requires certain game tactics.

There are some simple rules to follow to use the mortar to great success: One, always have the command map opened while you shoot. You see where your shot landed, you see the enemies on the command map that are currently seen by the Covert Ops players on your team and you see where the air strikes are called in by the Field Ops on your team. As most players use air strikes on hotly contested areas, you usually have quite a lot of success if you just shoot the same positions where your team calls air strikes. For calculating your shot, there's one handy rule: Decreasing the arc by 5 percent corresponds roughly to shooting one sector further on the command map.

1 hour ago, Vasylich said:

Panzerfaust just needs a little more damage a bit and I think it will get better. 

But if we increase the damage to panzerfaust, then how many units?:hmm

The same question applies to grenades and rifle grenades. Perhaps we should spend a few days of testing in order to come to a definite decision:hmm

Definitely one would have to field test the changes first. There's a lot of potential of messing up.

• Like 1

isnt that setting on our Silent modded servers all the default values = Vanilla = Pak0.pk3 ?

My Silent Mod Pak doesn´t come with unique weapon tables, it takes those from Pak0.pk3 in Etmain.

I mean there should be a possibility to place Weaponscripts in the server, 

but B2 is quiet popular among all ETServers, which brings me to my old Wisdom,

never change a winning team.

• Love 1

IMO its the double jump that stops nade and rnade from being as effective, you can avoid or take less damage quite easily, which also makes landmines pretty useless, really if you trip a land mine it should be an insta kill.

• Like 4