Windows Windows 11

-=HipKat=-

On 9/22/2022 at 6:50 AM, New guy said:

Actually I am not at home right now

HP ProBook x360 440 G1 - this is my laptop name, could you google it and find the details

Thanks

Edit: I did try the windows Store. And other stuff I could, still no use. Both wired and wireless headphones / ear pods are not working

Seems you have a conexant audio driver mate and there seems to also be a few driver versions dep on your windows and its build.

I'd advise getting latest drivers from their site and going from there. The link below is already set for your laptop so you just put in your OS (win 10 or 11) and version/build (so x64/windows 10 21H2) and it should give latest audio drivers.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-x360-440-g1-notebook-pc/21019718

• 100 2

Well been a week since i updated to 22H2. Took me this long to get things how i wanted or had them pre 22H2 update.

With the help of vivetool and StartAllBack i've managed to fix the wrongs of the update and once again am a happy camper.

I don't like the explorer menus and felt Microshaft dropped a clanger by replacing the feature and option packed ribbon menu's with the very basic ones of windows 11.

Example

Windows 11 default explorer menu.

win11basic.jpg

How i've now got it with ribbon menus.

winrib.jpg

Just way more options and cuts out lots of extra unneeded steps for many different things.

Example

If i press on a video in a folder with other video's with the Windows 11 default explorer i've got very limited options.

win11basfilms.jpg

However on the ribbon menu if i wanted to play video(s) i can simply click on the video and the ribbon changes to give many more options plus adds a "play" tab to the ribbon with play all, play, add to playlist options there for me to use. No need to have rt clicks to select all or play/add to playlist etc etc 

win11ribplay.jpg

Windows 11 default does not give these options and offers very little in place of the missed ribbon menus, its the silly things like undo that are missed when they are gone..... thankfully i've got my menus back how they were but it wasn't made easy by microshaft, they removed most of the registry key work arounds in 22H2 so previous workarounds no longer work.

For those wanting to try the features within Windows 11 22H2 that are "there but disabled for future updates to activate" (like tabbed explorer) and your a bit tech savvy then have a play with vivetool but go for the GUI, bit more user friendly and saves having to remember lots of id numbers.

WSA is working flawless still so that is at least one good part of the 22H2 update....i have kept Nox installed though as i find a few things i use like stbemu are not as quick or as fluid in WSA as they are in Nox, but all in all WSA has run everything i've thrown at it android app wise.. 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

I honestly havent played much with the ribbons and constantly find myself right-clicking and getting temporarily lost in all the options. Gonna have to look into this personalization...anything to help streamline my work, I am always a fan! 

• Administrators

1. For me this is biggest improvement... cos old version sucked ass.  

image.png

2. Does anyone know how you can disable application grouping? It's pain in da ass for me.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

14 hours ago, daredevil said:

1. For me this is biggest improvement... cos old version sucked ass.  

image.png

2. Does anyone know how you can disable application grouping? It's pain in da ass for me.

How did you connect headphones, my ear sets not working

• 100 1

8 hours ago, New guy said:

How did you connect headphones, my ear sets not working

Going to take a stab in the dark and say he probably just plugged them into the jack and away he went.

@daredevil

Would like to know how you got the headphone icon though, mine is showing a speaker but have headphone icon everywhere else like sound settings etc apart from there........grrrr

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

ARRGGGHHHHHHHH, GRRRR, FML, OMFG, SHOOT ME NOOOOOWWWWWWW

Well i thought i had everything back as it should be and all was good... BUT i uploaded a desktop screenshot to the forum thread and the temp on the screenshot caught my eye as it was a tad higher (50) than normal (25-30) so went to investigate.....

So FML, it seems the ownership of defender stayed the same (me owner) but somehow the update has added a sh*t load of principals back to permissions list and defender was constantly scanning, hence the high temps, i have managed to re-take ownership of defender again and removed all principals bar me, but they (microshaft) don't make it easy.

Literally removed all principal permissions and took ownership, rebooted and now temps dropped back down to 27C. Just madness tbh.

Sods law that once i get everything "just Right" Microshaft will release another update that buggers things up and yup i'll stupidly install it. 😄

Moral of it is "if aint broke......" Think i'd learn by now.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

reviving old thread after reading an article about an upcoming update! 

1.) Copilot:  Bing AI chat pinned to the taskbar ready to answer all your questions! Will also accept photos or images as input. 

2.) Paint is back! Those of us who fail miserably in photoshop now have hope again with the best app ever created. (also incorporates AI so we can really get creative)

3. ) Snipping Tool: I use it quite frequently when taking screenshots of the forums for random stuff.. now i can quickly blur out my browsing history from all you people xD (can also snip a video)

4.) Passkey: If you have a webcam on -- passkey will let you log in microsoft, google, and amazon with face ID!

5.) Settings landing page now has more info on it so more efficient

6.) Goodbye Microsoft Mail (i never used it...not heartbroken)

Full article: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2120866/windows-11-2023-update-review-the-rise-of-the-ai-pc.html

• Like 3

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, mraw435 said:

reviving old thread after reading an article about an upcoming update! 

1.) Copilot:  Bing AI chat pinned to the taskbar ready to answer all your questions! Will also accept photos or images as input. 

2.) Paint is back! Those of us who fail miserably in photoshop now have hope again with the best app ever created. (also incorporates AI so we can really get creative)

3. ) Snipping Tool: I use it quite frequently when taking screenshots of the forums for random stuff.. now i can quickly blur out my browsing history from all you people xD (can also snip a video)

4.) Passkey: If you have a webcam on -- passkey will let you log in microsoft, google, and amazon with face ID!

5.) Settings landing page now has more info on it so more efficient

6.) Goodbye Microsoft Mail (i never used it...not heartbroken)

Full article: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2120866/windows-11-2023-update-review-the-rise-of-the-ai-pc.html

I've had 23H2 for a few weeks now, although I barely ever log into my Windows drive anymore.
Do you ever use the Snipping tool as it's built into Edge? Ctrl-Shift-S

I think I use that every day since I use Edge on Archlinux

On 11/11/2023 at 10:35 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

I've had 23H2 for a few weeks now, although I barely ever log into my Windows drive anymore.
Do you ever use the Snipping tool as it's built into Edge? Ctrl-Shift-S

I think I use that every day since I use Edge on Archlinux

I have not used the app built into Edge! I will have to check it out -- I use Brave as my go-to browser on all my systems (Win11, Debian, and Ubuntu) 

I am in the process of downloading 23H2 now to test out all the new stuff -- i am happy to be the early adopter test dummy lol 

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
19 hours ago, mraw435 said:

I have not used the app built into Edge! I will have to check it out -- I use Brave as my go-to browser on all my systems (Win11, Debian, and Ubuntu) 

I am in the process of downloading 23H2 now to test out all the new stuff -- i am happy to be the early adopter test dummy lol 

I used to avoid Edge because of how bad IE was but now I use it on all my devices and OS's

• Like 1