Recoil

-=HipKat=-

On 2/5/2021 at 2:12 PM, RedBaird said:

I just wonder that, if our POV is being 'shoved around', how can our crosshairs remain on target if our view of the target seems to be changed?

I think this is where people are getting confused tbh......

Even if the crosshair did stay in the exact position that it was in before you got hit that doesn't then mean its on target or you don't have to do any work to then hit the target, it just means the crosshair is in the same place it was before you got hit and shaken.

The second you shoot back your own recoil would move the mouse from the last position anyway plus If the other player moves at all then the crosshair being in the same place it was before you first got hit is totally irrelevant to being on target anyway.

If that makes sense 😄

• Thanks 1

• Leader
11 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

If that makes sense

Yes, yes it does.  The game has more "features" than does RL.  When I play, my mind thinks that I am holding an M-16, an M-60 or a LAW. 😄 

The game enhances Game-Play, and does not fully embrace reality.  There is no way that RL soldiers could charge MG42s or Browning 30-cal mgs head-on and survive.  Neither one heated up as quickly in RL.  That is the game-designers trying to make the fights more "even".

/voted your answer UP, although there may be more interesting replies here in the future. 😄

Edited by RedBaird
voted
  • Like 1

There is a difference between recoil and knockback. Recoil is the jump when using akimbo for example. Knockback is the effect of taking hits. Knockback is client side only. Your crosshair remains where it was when you started taking hits until you move it. The effect of knockback makes the brain try and correct for it which sends your aim off. Its very hard to train your brain to just strafe and keep the mouse where it was..if that is, it was where you wanted it before you took the hits.

Edited by Barn!e
  • Like 2
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Yes, yes it does.  The game has more "features" than does RL.  When I play, my mind thinks that I am holding an M-16, an M-60 or a LAW. 😄 

The game enhances Game-Play, and does not fully embrace reality.  There is no way that RL soldiers could charge MG42s or Browning 30-cal mgs head-on and survive.  Neither one heated up as quickly in RL.  That is the game-designers trying to make the fights more "even".

/voted your answer UP, although there may be more interesting replies here in the future. 😄

You get bonus points for mentioning a LAW. Did you ever get to fire one?? I did, in Basic Training. It was very cool!! Almost as cool as driving a...

Gama-Goat.-Vietnam-War-6x6-primeportal.n

15 hours ago, oliveirapt said:

im using a dot with a circel mutch more easy to focus on the enemy

What number for Crosshair type is that?? I might have to change if it helps me not lose focus on it so easy

Edited by -=HipKat=-

the circle  dot is junk for hs.

an no i mean play engi only use your pliers. when et implemented doublejump . 0 lives cap.  and adren . and self healing medics. it forever changed et. but if they didnt i believe et would be dead. those where all the settings that forced teamwork to achieve a win. no one plays as a team anymore an if they do other team just wawas and leaves.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

the circle  dot is junk for hs.

an no i mean play engi only use your pliers. when et implemented doublejump . 0 lives cap.  and adren . and self healing medics. it forever changed et. but if they didnt i believe et would be dead. those where all the settings that forced teamwork to achieve a win. no one plays as a team anymore an if they do other team just wawas and leaves.

It's going to be hard to get people to play team style on a pub server, but yeah, I hear you. I play engi sometimes. Not as much as I used to, though