Retro PCs, Consoles, and Electronics

ButtMonkey

One of my brother's best friends rehabs old systems and I think the NES I have now is one of those so I've had no issues. The original one I had I think I may have traded in when I got a XBOX but I still kept a lot of the original games. Zelda, Super Tecmo Bowl, Contra, Duck Hunt...lol some of my faves...lol

• Love 1
  • 100 1

4 minutes ago, DarthMojo said:

One of my brother's best friends rehabs old systems and I think the NES I have now is one of those so I've had no issues. The original one I had I think I may have traded in when I got a XBOX but I still kept a lot of the original games. Zelda, Super Tecmo Bowl, Contra, Duck Hunt...lol some of my faves...lol

Nice!

35 minutes ago, ButtMonkey said:

Also iam nuts for Vice City and GTA games. I have 12 copies of vice city ATM, because less than a year after it was released rockstar games was sued and forced to censor things in the game. Then again a year later.

So there are 4 version of vice city, the boxes and disks are identical, you have to play each one to see what version it is. Some have songs missing and blood and gore censored and shit. So everytime i see one i buy it and test it. 12 games and i got ONE original copy. Very rare.

I also have all the GTAs for PSP. 

If anyone has GTA Liberty City stories, Vice city stories, or Chinatown wars for PS2 ide love to buy them. They are very rare because they are PSP games released for PS2 and only sold for 1 year 

city1.png.0da79b1deb37d39b7ab1b4fbb9f7f273.pngcity2.png.f3c0f6c5174999da9f8a4ca1a00d4790.png

I can see that you like GTA.. ;) 

Really interesting to know for the different version. You need to play all the game to know which version you have ? :) 

I liked the GTA 3 and the Vice City ( The demolition mission still haut my dreams 😛 )

The chinatown is not only on DS / PSP? I never see it on PS2. Maybe don't exist in Europe 

I just check, I have the Liberty Stories and The Vice City Stories on PS2 😄 They are hide behind the first row of PS2 games in the picture ( I look on internet theses games don't cost that much in france ) 

The Ps2 is not region locked in Canada? 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

49 minutes ago, DeKing said:

Hell Yeah thoses missions were damn hard 😄 That's " Rage Again " x) 

My brain made a link with that, Idk why 😛 (this engine sound... 🤣 )

Hell yeah,

Driver 1 with that impossible mission was also on my Hell torture lists... 🤣

thx 4 reminding me on that one :)

• Haha 2
  • 100 1

3 hours ago, DeKing said:

I can see that you like GTA.. ;) 

Really interesting to know for the different version. You need to play all the game to know which version you have ? :) 

I liked the GTA 3 and the Vice City ( The demolition mission still haut my dreams 😛 )

The chinatown is not only on DS / PSP? I never see it on PS2. Maybe don't exist in Europe 

I just check, I have the Liberty Stories and The Vice City Stories on PS2 😄 They are hide behind the first row of PS2 games in the picture ( I look on internet theses games don't cost that much in france ) 

The Ps2 is not region locked in Canada? 

They are regoin locked, France is Pal, canada is NTSC, but it can be unlocked with mod chips! 

the trick to Demolition man is to kill the hammer guys before picking up the first bomb, the bombs trigger them to become more aggressive. So you can easily kill them, Then pick up the bombs and its realy easy! haha 

If it is version 1 the chainsaw will spray blood on the TV screen when you chop people, and the song Cars by Gary Newman will be on the radio and the gun stores will have real gun names for the weapons like "Colt 45" 

3 hours ago, Vice86 said:

Hell yeah,

Driver 1 with that impossible mission was also on my Hell torture lists... 🤣

thx 4 reminding me on that one :)

Driver 1 is a very hard one. In the first release version and the japanese version you can wait at the finish line and shoot him through the windsheild, then just drive accross the finish line haha 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

My first console, when Atari was big, my dad got me, which is odd enough, was the Fairchild System. It  was  great and each cartridge had a lot of game options, like the race track had over 30 tracks, for example.

http://www.thegameconsole.com/fairchild-channel-f/fairchild-channel-f.jpg

Fairchild Channel F

Released August 1976
The Channel F was the first programmable video game system, having plug-in cartridges containing ROM and microprocessor code rather than dedicated circuits. Not a very popular or entertaining system, it was nonetheless important at the time for having a number of original features which were copied by later more successful systems.

Fairchild released twenty-six different cartridges for the system, with up to four games being on each cartridge. The games included sports, such as Hockey, Tennis and Baseball, educational, such as Maths Quiz, board games, such as Checkers, and shooting games, such as Space War. The cartridges had labels that contained the game instructions on them and each were given a sequential number. In this respect Fairchild started a trend in trying to boost game sales by numbering them and so appealing to consumers who wanted to complete their collection.

The Channel F console's popularity lowered when the Atari released their VCS in 1977 as the VCS had much better graphics, games and sound.

• Love 2

• 1 month later...

Great posts everyone, interesting stuff!

Here is my latest toy. A Sega game gear, i baught it from japan and had it recapped and a Mcwill installed by youtuber Ben Heck, He was nice enough to fix it and ship it back for free, great guy 

1452773991_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.687da7a0094657bd3a8df35d84dfa7c3.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f1998785dfbd33ff224a2f7ef65dd020.jpg

Here is the video he made, she only shows the Mcwill Mod  (415) New Game Gear LCD Mod! - YouTube

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, ButtMonkey said:

The oddest sega game ive ever found so far! Took a long time to find it

(148) Moonwalker level 1 - YouTube

In retrospect an unfortunate choice to have Michael Jackson save children, of all people and things to be saved.

Gameplay wise I think they could've done a better job. In the Genesis and Sega Master System versions of the game the focus lies on searching the kids which in later levels can be hidden quite well, e.g. in trunks of cars.

There was also an Arcade version of Moonwalker that put a bigger emphasis on fighting. Played it only once at an arcade convention but judging by that it's a good game.

Speaking of weird Sega games. 

Came out in the wake of other voice controlled games in the late 1990s and early 2000s like "Hey You, Pikachu!" (only in NA and JP), alas with a Sega twist.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow this topic brings back so many memories 👏.  I remember the very first system I started playing games on was the Commodore 64, playing games such as Agent USA, Dig Dug, Beyond Castle Wolfenstein, Defender of the Crown.  ( I will post vids of these games after this trip down memory lane.) Wow so many games to name and still have some of these old games to this date, after I learned how to start playing games when I was just a wee clown lol😁 I got my first console NEC Nintendo and talk about memories I am sure some of can relate to this the crappy grey screen when plugging the cartridge in taking it out and blowing at the connectors, lmao such a pain in the ass. That console I didn't have as many games but did have some fairly good ones such as Castlevania, Classic Metroid, Archon, and some more I will spare you the list of games.   But I will have to say I feel that aside from the utter shitty 8 bit graphics poor resolution and bloodshot eyes from some of them games, they still are the best to this day more intellectual rather than some of the new games today call me old fashioned and silly, but don't get me wrong there is a few great games today but they seem so much different than the old ones.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1