Images What do you do ? RL

I started life as a PCB designer at an Aerospace company but changed direction slightly to network engineer when i realised the internet and modern day networks would faze out older mainframes and became the foreseeable future.......Plus i was never good at secrets, the Aerospace company at the time were designing some of the cockpit controls for the Euro fighter and i wasn't allowed to tell anyone due to the national secrets act......Grrrrr (RIP Sean Connery)

Nowadays i tend to just do planning and design/redesign, once i've planned it all out and a client is happy then my job is done and others will then construct and maintain them.

My CAD drawing tend to look a little bit like yours only on the inside of the building with servers, lot and lots and lots of wiring, access points, switches, hubs, workstations etc etc. 😄

The last 12 years i've had to start working more from home due to ill health, luckily because of the modern world i'm able to do that.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Great idea for a topic. What program are using to make the 3D models? 

I studied architecture for 5 years, graduated the previous summer since then I've been wanting to transition into the film industry to design sets but like everything else the pandemic has made this transition extremely difficult and longer than it usually takes. At the moment, I've just been spending my time learning new software, pushing my skills and improving portfolio.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hitch said:

Used a fare few over the years mate but network wise most are 2d and not 3D.....gliffy, yEd, Dia i actually tried Autocad when i first started many moons ago but its not really that great for network designs.

Mostly i use things like CADE but also i use network notepad and visio. Once networks are up and running though its hard to beat solarwinds IMHO, just does it all in one package sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Used a fare few over the years mate but network wise most are 2d and not 3D.....gliffy, yEd, Dia i actually tried Autocad when i first started many moons ago but its not really that great for network designs.

Mostly i use things like CADE but also i use network notepad and visio. Once networks are up and running though its hard to beat solarwinds IMHO, just does it all in one package sort of thing.

Ah I see, my question was more aimed at the images OP posted. Never heard of any of those apart from of course, AutoCAD.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

I started life as a PCB designer at an Aerospace company but changed direction slightly to network engineer when i realised the internet and modern day networks would faze out older mainframes and became the foreseeable future.......Plus i was never good at secrets, the Aerospace company at the time were designing some of the cockpit controls for the Euro fighter and i wasn't allowed to tell anyone due to the national secrets act......Grrrrr (RIP Sean Connery)

Nowadays i tend to just do planning and design/redesign, once i've planned it all out and a client is happy then my job is done and others will then construct and maintain them.

My CAD drawing tend to look a little bit like yours only on the inside of the building with servers, lot and lots and lots of wiring, access points, switches, hubs, workstations etc etc. 😄

The last 12 years i've had to start working more from home due to ill health, luckily because of the modern world i'm able to do that.

Oh thats cool, i work with your guys too, in my team electrical/IT engineers are there who provide power etc to our mechanical equipments, i know the wiring part seen the drawings and SLD (single line diagram) . Man that is a confusing stuff with UPS / Raw power and power and data etc. Nice to see someone with the same field of design.

12 hours ago, Hitch said:

I studied architecture for 5 years, graduated the previous summer since then I've been wanting to transition into the film industry to design sets but like everything else the pandemic has made this transition extremely difficult and longer than it usually takes. At the moment, I've just been spending my time learning new software, pushing my skills and improving portfolio.

I use Revit 2020 software . if you are familiar with CAD then Revit isnt that hard. You are architect so sketchup and Enscape , this can help you alot. In my company architects use this kind of softwares.

5 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

Which one would u recommend , i learned HAP, Trane, Designbuild pro , HEvacomp (little bit).which one u recommend.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Karizmatic said:

I use Revit 2020 software . if you are familiar with CAD then Revit isnt that hard. You are architect so sketchup and Enscape , this can help you alot. In my company architects use this kind of softwares.

Yes, I'm familiar with those. I've never understood how people use SketchUp, to me it just seems like such an inaccurate software to use for precise drawings. I'm aware it's not like that at all as you can even 3D print from SketchUp.

When I was studying, I would mostly use Rhino.

20 hours ago, oliveirapt said:

this is the where i work probably you know what they do

molaflex_img1-818x460.jpg

Mattresses?

spacer.png

Edited by PHNTM
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 7:38 PM, oliveirapt said:

this is the where i work probably you know what they do

molaflex_img1-818x460.jpg

Is that the building u work or just an advertising wall. 

3 hours ago, Hitch said:

Don't you mean starchitect? 

😄 

Ah! that's not even a real job. 👷‍♂️

Edited by PHNTM
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I am an electrician, and when 20 Kilovolts are shortend it looks like this afterwards.

actually i am hired as communications electrician, so most of the day i plug in some Patchcords,

in some underground Serverrooms, but as professional electrician i am also called in from time to time for 

checking out our high voltage switching gear. 

this substation was blown up in a nearby city called Sindelfingen, where  a friend of mine who works for the city  there sent me these pics. the roof of that substation was leaking and water entered the cabinents... BOOM! lights were flickerering in 30 km distance... 

😱

IMG-20210129-WA0004.thumb.jpg.4bf58a4f1c427b7534a7f9518f806df7.jpg

IMG-20210129-WA0002.thumb.jpg.c4c296cb228696b2167c506d6fdbbfad.jpg

my natural Work Environment 😉 

IMG-20180313-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.c5005cf9f05111d6a9b6b53cf0ce24ee.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1