ET Original or Legacy

opsinphark

ET Client  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Original ET or ET-Legacy

Do you prefer the Original ET client (2.60b) or ET-Legacy

For those of you who are looking to switch from Original to Legacy, be sure to installed the 32-bit build of version 2.75 for full compatibility with most/all servers.

https://www.etlegacy.com/download/release/275

Legacy 2.76 has some issues  as it doesn't allow some downloads with files prefixed with 'zzz'.

Edited by opsinphark

I've found I get better FPS/Performance out of Legacy for some reason.  I've messed with several configs for the original .. and nothing beats Legacy for me, as far as performance is concerned.

• Like 1

the only trouble for legacy is the keyboard... doesn't work well. I have troubles with the spanish and latinoamerican keyboards. Just works well with the english USA keyboard.

• Like 1

ET 2.60b runs with much better FPS on my low spec laptop. However, I have found Legacy does run better in higher spec PCs in the past.

Legacy seems to be much easier to get going on Linux though, just install dependencies and run. Official 2.60b needs some work to get sound working. 

• Like 3

for me legacy was junk from the get go.. i have all my settings right anyway for fps.

i found playing et back when legacy came out i tried it out really tried to like it but i found it to me seems slower like everything is a sec slower.i loved etpub 2.60b nightly build. really made me sad when no one played it anymore. 

me and a very good ole friend in et bill . u might know him.  tested out legacy fur while we both came to the conclusion its junk. possible great for a linux user .or for someone who cant get et to work right. cant remember all the diff between the too. but i  personally dont like it or use it i do tho have it installed .maybe if i get bored ill test it out again .. post my conclusion to whats diff. like i said i cant remember now.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I'm using ETL since 2014 and it's perfect for me

i've always had some problems with 2.60b, fps, sound, crashing etc.

with etl its all gone:)

Edited by Siwex89
  • Like 2

Should of had an option in the vote for both.

I tend to use 2.60b on FA and then legacy for other servers, i cant say i have issues with either as they both work fine for me.

• Love 1

I have Windows 10 like most and found a lot of issues with operating ET. especially in the beginning trying to figure out why certain things weren't working. Like screen resolution, Sound etc. I know many people are running Legacy with little issues and have been wondering myself if I should look into it. Not too sure if it would effect anything else on my system but willing to try.