ET Original or Legacy

opsinphark

ET Client  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Original ET or ET-Legacy

12 hours ago, BraindeadSyndrome said:

Mouse input feels much more consistent on Legacy.

agreed, also ETL doesn't support PB so it's not possible to play on most of ETPRO servers  :(

• 100 2

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with Legacy on my computer, whenever I open it, the game minimize, like, I can still see it opened on the tabs but when I click on it, a black screen appears just as if I was entering the game and then it minimizes. I'm not sure about what that is, maybe I just need to restart my notebook. Funny thing is, original WolfET is still working perfectly...

3 hours ago, rafaelrocha said:

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with Legacy on my computer, whenever I open it, the game minimize, like, I can still see it opened on the tabs but when I click on it, a black screen appears just as if I was entering the game and then it minimizes. I'm not sure about what that is, maybe I just need to restart my notebook. Funny thing is, original WolfET is still working perfectly...

Is it running as admin? also when you first ran legacy did windows ask to allow it through firewall? If its not allowed through firewall it wont run and you will have a blank screen until its allowed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Is it running as admin? also when you first ran legacy did windows ask to allow it through firewall? If its not allowed through firewall it wont run and you will have a blank screen until its allowed

Legacy was running normal until yesterday, didn't need to run as admin, I tried but it didnt work... Maybe it is because yesterday I connected a pc screen to my notebook through HDMI and since I did this, Legacy showed this problem. I will see if I can allow firewall, and restart my computer, maybe that's the problem. Thnks man :D 

1 minute ago, rafaelrocha said:

Legacy was running normal until yesterday, didn't need to run as admin, I tried but it didnt work... Maybe it is because yesterday I connected a pc screen to my notebook through HDMI and since I did this, Legacy showed this problem. I will see if I can allow firewall, and restart my computer, maybe that's the problem. Thnks man :D 

If it was working fine till you plugged a monitor in then it wont be a firewall issue mate, its probably more to do with an unsafe resolution or sommat....Usually i'd say exec etconfig.cfg but as legacy wont run properly just reinstall it mate saving your etkey and cfg.

• Thanks 1

Just another quick question, I am having trouble to change my name colours on Legacy with '^' because when I press it, the console pops up. 

59 minutes ago, rafaelrocha said:

Just another quick question, I am having trouble to change my name colours on Legacy with '^' because when I press it, the console pops up. 

just change your name in cfg then /exec that cfg😆

nickname generator:  https://fearless-assassins.com/enemyterritory-nickname-generator.html/

and don't mess with binds :D 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

3 hours ago, rafaelrocha said:

Only had to restart my pc, now it is working fine 😃 Thnks for the help xD

When i started training as a network engineer 20+ years ago they always told me the first thing you tell any customer was to turn it off and back on again....wish i'd listened LMFAO, glad its sorted.

I don't have the problem with using ^ in legacy, works fine for me in limbo. 🤔

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

When i started training as a network engineer 20+ years ago they always told me the first thing you tell any customer was to turn it off and back on again....wish i'd listened LMFAO, glad its sorted.

it always works LOL 

• 100 2