ET Original or Legacy

opsinphark

ET Client  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Original ET or ET-Legacy

7 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

The only place I was able to get the files from was here:

From what I've read you may have problems with your ET keys as they are not compatible.  I am also unsure if the anti-cheat will bust you for using this, maybe one of the higher ups can clarify this.  Proceed with caution.

I asked DD He say it was alowed to use. 

Yeah the Exe created and New file and its not compatibile. 

Edited by Gladiator

12 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Anyone using ET Gold? 

you can use cl_maxpackets 125 with this one 
other than that I don't see any more benefits to use et gold

• 100 1

36 minutes ago, Siwex89 said:

you can use cl_maxpackets 125 with this one 
other than that I don't see any more benefits to use et gold

I believe in most of the FA servers, maxpackets is forced to 100 on the servers.

• Confused 1

Just now, opsinphark said:

I believe in most of the FA servers, maxpackets is forced to 100 on the servers.

nop

• Like 2

I gave ET Gold a go today for the first time.

On my low spec laptop, there is an increase in FPS over ETL and ET 2.60b. The console is also cleaner as it doesn't print all the .pk3 file checks at each map change.

However, it generates a separate ET key, so XP and admin levels are lost on NQ and Jaymod. Additionally, there is no PB support if you fancy playing on a PB enabled server somewhere else.

I'll probably use it when playing on SilEnT or N!tmod as it runs a little smoother for me. Thanks @Gladiator and @opsinphark!

• Like 1

Just played on Legacy, for me it was better, had a good experience with it, might change to Legacy :).  I play on my notebook, the only issue was that I could't use the console, I will have a look after when I have more time, maybe I just need to bind the key to use it xD

29 minutes ago, rafaelrocha said:

Just played on Legacy, for me it was better, had a good experience with it, might change to Legacy :).  I play on my notebook, the only issue was that I could't use the console, I will have a look after when I have more time, maybe I just need to bind the key to use it xD

shift+esc

• Like 1

I am just having trouble to find the Silent#1 server on Legacy :( . I remember that when I played years ago, the F|A servers would appear even before I clicked on Play online. I am not finding Silent on Legacy

1 hour ago, rafaelrocha said:

I am just having trouble to find the Silent#1 server on Legacy :( . I remember that when I played years ago, the F|A servers would appear even before I clicked on Play online. I am not finding Silent on Legacy

ETLegacy filters out Silent #1 due to how it's set up. You can connect manually though using /connect s1.clan-fa.com in the console, or add it to your favourites :)

• Like 1

run the pk3 cleaner

1 hour ago, rafaelrocha said:

this must download one list of the F|A servers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rafaelrocha said:

put this file in documents/etlegacy/legacy/z_fav5.pk3

z_fav5.pk3

now you will see list of all FA servers right after you start ETL :) 

• Like 1

Now I got everything sorted out, thanks for all the help and I will give my opinion on Legacy now!

Definitely worked for me, I am even playing a little bit better hahahah, Really enjoyed it, thanks for introducing this topic, it really helped ^^

• Like 1
  • 100 1