Screen help

Fighter

Hey guys, nice to be back after this loooong time :D

So i have a question. I bought a new screen 27".

When i enter the server now, i have black edges on my screen. I play with a resolution of 1600x900. 

my r_mode is on -1

Anybody knows which settings i need to change to play on Fullscreen again?

on my 24" screen it worked all fine before

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Try this and remember to do /vid_restart after, or add it in the end of your cfg without the /

set r_fullscreen "1"

forgot to say.. :D i already have this setting 😕

Well just check it by yourself 😕 i can't find anything

autoexec.cfg

Edited by Fighter?!
EDIT of CFG

3 minutes ago, RendeL said:

I dont see the vid_restart or am I totally blind...add it as last in your cfg

Not changing anything in adding it

Go on server, exec your cfg and type on console /r_ then press tab and enter. You can /condump r and post it here, or check yourself what values are there for height and width.

While loading:

MODE: -1, 1600 x 900 fullscreen hz:59

is this max of hz?

After doing what you wanted me to do

r_fullscreen = 1
  r_customwidth = 1600
  r_customheight = 900

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MikeSlayer said:

try and use the native resolution of your monitor its possibly 1080 if it is try 

r_customwidth = 1920
 r_customheight = 1080

Know this... and works yes :D But want to stay on the other resolution. 

1920x1080 was also the native resolution of my old screend and all worked fine there.

Is there any difference between the usage of HDMI and VGA? Hope the terms were the same in english :D

HDMis much better than vga . VGA cant run hign hz than hdmi and DP can.

And since u have a 27 screen u can proberly go to 144 hz wich is good for gaming. Maybe ur hdmi can run that, or else get a displayportcable. If ur videocard run it ofc.

Edited by Leatherface

23 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

HDMis much better than vga . VGA cant run hign hz than hdmi and DP can.

And since u have a 27 screen u can proberly go to 144 hz wich is good for gaming. Maybe ur hdmi can run that, or else get a displayportcable. If ur videocard run it ofc.

Most monitors still don't support 144Hz ove HDMi and only go to 144Hz via Display port. Worth checking if the monitor is capable of 144 via HDMi otherwise assuming the GFX card has one its display port i'm afraid, if no DP on GFX card though and the monitor doesn't support 144Hz via HDMi then no point bothering tbh. 

@Fighter?!

I have a 27" and have to run at 2650x1440p (native) otherwise i too have black bars either side, i've had a play about and even if i halve the resolution no other resolution works for me.....I used to play @ 1280x1024 on my older monitor so it was a bit weird to play @ 1440p but didn't take long and tbh i don't think i could go back now. 

Which monitor and GFX card have you got?, that info might help peeps figure out whats best and what its even capable of etc.

Edited by Snuffs99

8 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Most monitors still don't support 144Hz ove HDMi and only go to 144Hz via Display port. Worth checking if the monitor is capable of 144 via HDMi otherwise assuming the GFX card has one its display port i'm afraid, if no DP on GFX card though and the monitor doesn't support 144Hz via HDMi then no point bothering tbh. 

@Fighter?!

I have a 27" and have to run at 2650x1440p (native) otherwise i too have black bars either side, i've had a play about and even if i halve the resolution no other resolution works for me.....I used to play @ 1280x1024 on my older monitor so it was a bit weird to play @ 1440p but didn't take long and tbh i don't think i could go back now. 

Which monitor and GFX card have you got?, that info might help peeps figure out whats best and what its even capable of etc.

I got that to , 27 " and 144hz  2560-1440

• Surprise 1

Hey Fighter! Good to see you again! 
Let's start by getting the current resolution of your panel. 

1. Right click on your Desktop and click "Display Settings" (click on images for full-size) 

Context_Menu.jpg.b3a93d766ccad79f46477a67754e5944.jpg

The settings window will open up shortly after clicking. 

2. You'll find your display resolution near the bottom of the window. 

Settings.thumb.jpg.bb6b8dedf12fbd258d874a2602da770b.jpg

3. Write down the values (for example 2560 x 1440). It should say (Recommended) near the resolution. 

4. Now let's get your refresh rate. Scroll down and click on "Advanced Display Settings".

Settings2.thumb.jpg.2f3370681f918e735141899d17e836cd.jpg

5. You'll see the refresh rate under "Display Information". But let's keep going a little deeper to make sure it's at the maximum. Click on "Display Adapter Properties". 

adv_settings.thumb.jpg.57fd4ea6abb80e927aa22beea601ea50.jpg

6. A new window will open up. Click on the "Monitor" tab.

adapter_settings.thumb.jpg.009997ced80cd65d25d08d8f4f428f9f.jpg

7. Once you're in the monitor tab, click the dropdown box and make sure it's set as high as it can go. Write that number down. Click Apply then OK. 

refresh.thumb.jpg.3dbd4f2fca06340deae825fb0cac2b4d.jpg

8. Close all the windows we just opened up, and launch ET (or edit your config): type the first number of your resolution after "r_customwidth" and the second number after "r_customheight". 

Take the refresh rate we just found and type it after "r_displayrefresh". Save your config. 

9. /vid_restart. 

10. Have fun! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Native resolution is 1920x1080, same as on my old screen.

As i said i have fullscreen on 1 :D

But why the f.. it's not possible to play on 1600x900 anymore? It's a possible resolution, but my screen seems not to accept the change, even with fullscreen on 1.

displayrefresh is already on 75 hz display is not running more. 

@Xernicus your explantion is soooo perfect ❤️  nice to see you here 😘 

I have done all the changes :)

But i can't understand why it's not possible to play on my old resolution. On my old screen the native resolution was 1920x1080 as well. All worked fine, the resolution changed for gaming no problem there.

It's possible that HDMI don't allow the change? I had a DVI cable before now using HDMI 

Edited by Fighter?!