Screen help

Fighter

Like yourself i cant have my old resolution, sure i can still set my monitor to 1280x1024 in screen settings like xern explains above but i have a square screen with bars either side, that is a limitation of my monitor so just because you can set it to the resolution you want doesn't mean your monitor can display that resolution correctly.

HDMI wont be the problem, HDMI is in its simplest terms DVI but with audio is all.

If you change the Windows screen resolution to 1600x900  (image 2 xern posted above) does it give fullscreen or do you still have barseither side?

If you have the bars then its simply a monitor limitation and nothing you do will help, if it doesn't give bars then it should be possible to correct.

12 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Like yourself i cant have my old resolution, sure i can still set my monitor to 1280x1024 in screen settings like xern explains above but i have a square screen with bars either side, that is a limitation of my monitor so just because you can set it to the resolution you want doesn't mean your monitor can display that resolution correctly.

HDMI wont be the problem, HDMI is in its simplest terms DVI but with audio is all.

If you change the Windows screen resolution to 1600x900  (image 2 xern posted above) does it give fullscreen or do you still have barseither side?

If you have the bars then its simply a monitor limitation and nothing you do will help, if it doesn't give bars then it should be possible to correct.

Never changed it good advice. 

But even when i set it to 1600x900 the bars are the same. So seems to be a screen limitation. 

Topic can be closed.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help out, thanks guys

2 hours ago, Fighter?! said:

Never changed it good advice. 

But even when i set it to 1600x900 the bars are the same. So seems to be a screen limitation. 

Topic can be closed.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help out, thanks guys

@Fighter?!

Don't be too hasty mate and ignore my last comment, its an aspect ratio issue,,,, well i've fixed it on mine at least and can now run @ 1280x1024 WITHOUT any bars.

If i go to Nvidia control panel-->adjust desktop size and position--> then set scaling to full screen rather than aspect ratio and choose 1280x1024 and apply, when i then set the resolution through settings as normal its actually full screen WITH NO BLACK BARS....learn sommat new everyday it seems

Set to aspect ratio, as you can see there are bars either side of preview

170.jpg

Set to fullscreen, no bars

171.jpg

What gfx card you got and does it give you any scaling options???

There may be hope for you yet

EDIT***Why did i not find this before now, everything is great play wise now, 16 years of playing @ 1280x1024 and now i can play at that again......HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA, buzzing

EDIT2*** feels like i died and gone to ET resolution heaven

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

@Fighter?!

Don't be too hasty mate and ignore my last comment, its an aspect ratio issue,,,, well i've fixed it on mine at least and can now run @ 1280x1024 WITHOUT any bars.

If i go to Nvidia control panel-->adjust desktop size and position--> then set scaling to full screen rather than aspect ratio and choose 1280x1024 and apply, when i then set the resolution through settings as normal its actually full screen WITH NO BLACK BARS....learn sommat new everyday it seems

Set to aspect ratio, as you can see there are bars either side of preview

170.jpg

Set to fullscreen, no bars

171.jpg

What gfx card you got and does it give you any scaling options???

There may be hope for you yet

EDIT***Why did i not find this before now, everything is great play wise now, 16 years of playing @ 1280x1024 and now i can play at that again......HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA, buzzing

EDIT2*** feels like i died and gone to ET resolution heaven

Maaan i love you ❤️

I could remember i had some issues on my old screen but didn't know how i fixed it (not sure when it was could have been when i bought a new Graphic card) But this was exactly the way i have done it, i couldn't remember, damn me. I saw the SS and i know what to do. Thanks for remember me of it. I feel sorry for you, that you didn't found it earlier.

Are the settings saved for the connection you use?

• Like 1
  • 100 1

3 hours ago, Fighter?! said:

Maaan i love you ❤️

I could remember i had some issues on my old screen but didn't know how i fixed it (not sure when it was could have been when i bought a new Graphic card) But this was exactly the way i have done it, i couldn't remember, damn me. I saw the SS and i know what to do. Thanks for remember me of it. I feel sorry for you, that you didn't found it earlier.

Are the settings saved for the connection you use?

Yeah all good my end thanks mate, i've literally just changed my server shortcuts to be 1280 x 1024 and all perfect. :) 

I've had this monitor since December (ish) so have had to get used to playing at 2650 x 1440p and while i love the picture quality @ 1440p the game play has just never felt the same speed wise etc.

I've been grinning all day like a kid waiting to go play and am sooo happy...amazing how the smallest of things can make your day. lol

• Like 1