ET BEGINNERS #2 The burning question

PHNTM

• Leader

Even if it was possible I say hell NO. It takes something to counter rambomedics inside where arty, mortar, mines cannot be used. A medic can end up killing a flamer and flamer can clean up. It goes both ways. Doing that would just give more power to medics and they are more then enough powerful as it is. Even if reducing adrenaline they would still have a huge advantage (more health + self packing). Most of the time almost if not more then half teams are medics. This will just end up in a camping fest and the team with most medics will rule.

Anyway I really don't see why we should start changing settings when server is popular as it is right now. There's a little something for everyone....

I totally agree with Ramboz. I don't see the point in all this, because flamethrower's is most used at points when the flag is taken, or on some small maps with narrow and small rooms like Supply Depot, Special Delivery, Seawall Baterry. I'm talking about how this topic opens on a server running 20vs20 and only one player can take a flamethrower on a team, and in addition to that there are 6-7 medic's on the other team who are "fighting" for KR , farming other players near their spawn example Gold Rush ,  but not doing the objective , what can we see from specing*. Honor the exceptions. No one determines how anyone will play.

• Like 2

Adrenaline isn't a problem on this server. The action bar is slow to refill and doesn't replenish itself on respawn : if you decide to use it you better make it count. This implementation is miles better than the one on Jay2, where adren is absolutely OP since there is barely no drawback. If you want to tweak it, sure, go ahead, but it wont make any noticeable difference. Maybe more camping though.

As for the flamer, I honestly don't see any problem as it is currently. Maybe you can lower the ammo reserve ? I dunno. 

I've got more complains about maps with obvious choke points (@Rendel , seriously, can we finally get rid of Oasis Official for the B3 version, like in the next few days ? How much more begging do we need to do ? There were server issues, the pandemic, etc ... I get that. I understand it can take some time. But we have been asking for this change since January at least, and we are already in the last days of April).

Edited by K.LisTa
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

• Administrators

@K.LisTa  - Update - I don't see oasis b3 available for B2 - What am i missing here? Are you asking to add it or remove it? Sorry bit confused from your post. 

Tag in to help create rotation i.e. 25 maps - 5 rotation i.e. total 100 maps.  @Old Owl has done fantastic job for NQ #1 rotation. 

image.png

In the  "map suggestions" topic for this server, it has been proposed several times, by several persons, to switch the Oasis official map for the Oasis beta 3 version. Currently it is borderline impossible for allies to get through the choke points when the server gets full, especially with those short spawn time.

In my opinion anyway, this server has too many slots to be enjoyable with those server settings (should have a 40 slots cap).

My apologies for being off topic.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, K.LisTa said:

In my opinion anyway, this server has too many slots to be enjoyable with those server settings (should have a 40 slots cap).

That's something we are considering tbh. 44 + 6 private slots. 

8 minutes ago, K.LisTa said:

especially with those short spawn time.

Those spawn time we are thinking to change, i believe it would be dynamic. We are playing around numbers. 

Update: Spawn times are changed. Higher based on player count. 

• Like 3

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

As much as I hate flamers myself I think enabling FF would just give no reason to use flame anymore.

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. Like posted in the other thread about Flame, when the flamer is sitting there just pulling the trigger, he's not just "clearing out the area", he's also blocking his own teammates vision. I think it would be better if the Flame thrower just had a faster discharge rate and longer recharge rate

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, K.LisTa said:

Adrenaline isn't a problem on this server. The action bar is slow to refill and doesn't replenish itself on respawn : if you decide to use it you better make it count. This implementation is miles better than the one on Jay2, where adren is absolutely OP since there is barely no drawback. If you want to tweak it, sure, go ahead, but it wont make any noticeable difference. Maybe more camping though.

As for the flamer, I honestly don't see any problem as it is currently. Maybe you can lower the ammo reserve ? I dunno. 

I've got more complains about maps with obvious choke points (@Rendel , seriously, can we finally get rid of Oasis Official for the B3 version, like in the next few days ? How much more begging do we need to do ? There were server issues, the pandemic, etc ... I get that. I understand it can take some time. But we have been asking for this change since January at least, and we are already in the last days of April).

I wish Jay 2 had the same settings for Adren. It get's annoying when you hit someone a dozen times and they don't die or you spec someone and just watch them inject it over and over. Jay 2 is an awesome server as I'm sure Beg 2 is, also. Adren, as it is, just makes Jay 2 a little less awesome. But for the flame, I see the point for it, then I think about the guy with flame who sneaks into spawn and sits there with the trigger pulled as you respawn and because of being blocked by BOTS or slower players, can't get out in time to save yourself

10 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

Even if it was possible I say hell NO. It takes something to counter rambomedics inside where arty, mortar, mines cannot be used. 

So the only way you suggest to counter medics are OP weapons? We could maybe try to implement some sort of nuclear blast?

Rambo medics can be killed it just takes a little bit of skill and planning. People are just lazy and want to kill with the least possible effort that's why you see 9 or 10 field ops in a team sometimes. 

Doing that would just give more power to medics and they are more then enough powerful as it is.

Doesn't give more power to medics because no one is trying to get rid of flamers. They'll still be there an can be used but hopefully require more skill to be used effectively. Every other weapon/class requires skill and hours of practice - even a panzerfaust does - why not flamers then? 

Even if reducing adrenaline they would still have a huge advantage (more health + self packing).

You can't self pack whilst in combat unless you're running away. But if you've just used adre you can't self med pack anyway.

I don't see this as big of an advantage as being able to walk in the middle of flames like a god. And even so, self packing requires skill and experience because you need to know how to cover yourself and where.  

This will just end up in a camping fest and the team with most medics will rule.

This is exactly what happens now except flamers make it impossible for the attacking team to break the enemies' defences. 

Lets not forget that defending team still has panzerfaust, MG42, arty (big one), rifle grenades - and obviously medics. 

Anyway I really don't see why we should start changing settings when server is popular as it is right now. There's a little something for everyone....

I agree with testing new settings when things return to normal. If this can be done at all. 

I just can't agree with the logic that there is a little something for everyone when in reality there a little something for everyone and something much more powerful for 1 or 2 players. 

12 hours ago, daredevil said:

We don’t have FF on bud. So we can’t use that. 

So in the end of the day this can't be done at all and we'll just have to live with it.

It's fine and I appreciate the attention you've put into this. 

8 hours ago, daredevil said:

Update: Spawn times are changed. Higher based on player count. 

I've noticed this and it's a huge improvement. 

9 hours ago, K.LisTa said:

I agree with his views on adre, it does work better on beg2, and already gave my support to K.Lista on the map suggestion topic. Oasis is a major problem with full server for attacking team. 

Edited by PHNTM

I see both sides of the argument and each have valid reasons to enable/disable inflicting damage to the flamer user (which is not possible anyway). 

I believe it is just certain maps that make the flamethrower OP particularly those with very small choke points and can just cover the objective at one point. I don't think its as big of an issue as is being stated because flamethrowers can't be everywhere on the map at the same time. Many maps have different ways to get out of spawn and for a flamethrower to get into spawn in the first place to spam just means that team is failing to do something imo. :P However, I do see sometimes that some flamethrower users just run out and spin in a circle whilst jumping around. This may be annoying to some but I don't think it happens that much that we have to do something with it necessarily. 

Is there only one slot for flamethrowers currently? If not, maybe thats something worth changing. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Is there only one slot for flamethrowers currently? If not, maybe thats something worth changing. 

On jay2 it was definitely annoying for me. 

5 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I wish Jay 2 had the same settings for Adren. It get's annoying when you hit someone a dozen times and they don't die or you spec someone and just watch them inject it over and over. Jay 2 is an awesome server as I'm sure Beg 2 is, also. Adren, as it is, just makes Jay 2 a little less awesome. But for the flame, I see the point for it, then I think about the guy with flame who sneaks into spawn and sits there with the trigger pulled as you respawn and because of being blocked by BOTS or slower players, can't get out in time to save yourself

We have different settings in different servers. We don't want all servers being copy of each others. In Jay2 i dont have any difficulties to kill ppls who use adre, u just have to hit they head and u dont need hit them dozen time :) Also u stil have to wait before u can inject yourself again, so you cant do it over and over again. Usually 1-3 per life. So my aim to head, when you come to play in Jay2 :)

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

On jay2 it was definitely annoying for me. 

U quoted right post? Has there been more than 1 slot per team for flamers in past? Can't remember :P "Age not come alone" as my grandma always say.

• Like 1