ET Hardcore Hardcore changes - for friendly Fire

daredevil

• Administrators

I noticed in some maps people throw random nades or rifle nades... camping on back side.... What you guys think of enabling reflect friendly fire damage? Open for feedback/suggestion. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mufasa said:

Grenade and rifle grenade are controlled with the same flag - I just shortened it when I looked through the list.

Yup was just making sure. 

• Like 1

If by "reflect friendly fire damage" you mean that any friendly fire you do to a teammate, does damage to yourself, there are 2 thoughts that jump to my mind.

1. I often (well, I play j1 now, so it doesnt really matter to me) shoot a teammate once or twice, so I can use the needle to get him back to full health.

2. For random rifles/panzers I agree, then again I never use these weapons 😁

• 100 1

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Broham said:

1. I often (well, I play j1 now, so it doesnt really matter to me) shoot a teammate once or twice, so I can use the needle to get him back to full health.

Not adding for SMG and Knife cos if with knife someone does it not to revive, it's clear - it's intentional and admin just warn them up. 

1 hour ago, Mufasa said:

YES! IMO it should be done for grenades, panzers, flamethrowers, and mortars.

Yes, but without granades.

Grenades explode after some time, so the teammate can accidentally run into our grenade.

• 100 1

This may lead to overpowered strats that are only possible in no FF mode, for example you could arty a tank barrier in order for your team to plant the dynamite harmless, and wiping out the other team in the process, with only a minor sacrifice of one person.

This is possible with any kind of explosive, used in an area denial role, applies also for the flamethrower.

If you have played Rainbow Six Siege, imagine using Fuze to wipe out a room full of enemies while your team rushes in, so they can't escape while your teammates don't take any damage, only claiming your own life.

I don't think it is a good idea to implement this kind of stuff, as it can be exploited to one's favor.

However, on the funny side, it should be hilarious to see people suddenly gibbing due to explosive damage being reflected to them from far away. :D

Edited by Mordecai
  • Like 2
  • 100 2

The general idea is good, BUT its a double edged sword, why?

Because as u know, not everyone is on the same skill level and gamewise level as certain ppl are. Some players do not understand or simply dont see arty being set or strike being thrown to opponents spawn or strategial position, which will mean that the fop who did everything right will suffer because of that one individual who just plays like a brainless chicken. Second one is that i have experienced couple of times as well and is very annoying that certain teammate will intentionally run into your arties and then complain afterwards, which means u will suffer reflective damage back each time purely because of his dumbness.

It also comes to nades, u would be nading enemy spawn, ur teammate with flamer or something else would run into that spawn, trying to flame opponents and die by your nade even tho he would probably see it before but decided to just ignore it. There are a lot of cases like that, when u check your idea from smiple view, its briliant and would definitely improve a lot in terms of teamkilling or team bleeding, but it would then need to be watched over admins as well, who would need to react quicker than usual if cases like above starts to happen because u can have very fast a big shit storm over situations like that.

I would still rather see on some maps heavy weapons disabled, specially sp_delivery_te, has no place for mortars, panzers or flamethrowers specifically, since the map is narrow and its just team bleeding allover the place.

U can obviously give this a go and see how it works, but this is just one of the flaws players will get once this idea gets live on server.

• Like 2