cant join fa servers

Baguette Smoret

• Leader

TBS shows a white-name "Baguette Smoret " as playing connected to  NQ#1 some 8 hours  ago  https://et.trackbase.net/player/6017974/ with no more than a tiny green playtime on the second connection.  The pings were very different, too.

An older, colored version of the profile names as "Baguette Smoret' " is shown as playing on Jay#1 (81%), Beginners#2 and NQ#1 some 180 days ago.

AHH, now I see that he had made this post here about 8 hours ago, too! :D 

• Thanks 1

Just putting this topic here as well, there's no use merging since this is also an introduction.

Baguette can you give us some more info? The exact error message you get, where did you download ET, what's in your autoexec.cfg (located Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory - ETMain)?

• Like 2

Maybe you find some help here:

The easy fix suggested by DF:

And a possible still quite easy but a bit harder fix:

If not this, you will need to edit your cvars, so you will need to post your etconfig here and adjust suggested fixes. Asking help possible.

Edited by Platonic

@platonic THANKS for trying to help me out, is there a possibility of getting help thru TeamViewer ? by somebody who knows what he or is doing

I downloaded the game at ETlegacy.com I am not familiar with working in cfg or background stuff .. ( shame) haha

• Leader
22 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

If you still need help add me as a contact on [deleted] and message me thru it

It is best to keep your email address more private and to use your profile messenger instead.  You could then give your correspondent your non-FA email address if you wish.   I have removed that email from your post.

This is a public forum and email-harvesting bots may have gotten your email addy already, aside from the human-element problem.  :( If that is your forum-registration email and you have to abandon it, then you should put any new address into your private profile. 

I know this story well because I once received 10,000 mailer-daemon emails in a week.  My address had been used in the "return-path" in the Header, so all of the "receiver-email not exist" type of replies from the Mailer-Daemons came to me and not to the real sender or to the infected-senders' accounts (which might have alerted some victims to their 'infections').  They died out within 10 days after having started as a trickle and then becoming a flood of thousands every day. :o

They had probably 'captured' my address via the CCs on the chain-emails that my new-to-computers relatives kept sending me.  With my email-system at that time, I had to "peel open" the layers of messages to get to the original, exposing Hundreds of address in the CC-headers in each message.  (I had also thought of making a mass-mailing to all of those addresses to teach the victims about "email hygiene". )  I never got my relatives to properly use BCC and I must thank FaceBook for fixing that problem for me.

When you get mail from a "MAILER-DAEMON" or a "Mail Delivery Subsystem" with a subject similar to "Failed Delivery," this means that a message you sent was undeliverable and has been bounced back to you. These messages are produced automatically and usually include a reason for the delivery failure.

Yes, I just got up (at 0430) and am in my "morning Sir_Types_a_Lot" mode.   I WILL help @Gengis with 'that problem' today! 

17 hours ago, RendeL said:

If jaymod is the place you play, etlegacy wont work with it. You need the 2.60b ET.

ETLegacy works with all of our servers except Fun1 and NQ2 as far as I can tell from testing.

Fun1 says I have corrupt/duplicate files.
NQ2 needs their pk3 files renaming to remove the ~~~ and replace with zzz.

Edited by ElEl
  • Like 1

To be honest if I got mail in that account I'd be surprised I might even reply to it had it for almost 30 yrs now only seen spam in it a few times.

But gmail on the other hand every day spam and never shared it publicly  

no fair i wanted double dragons email. darnet!

u could try a separate install of just regular et . not etlegacy.. i had lots issues with legacy so i switched back my self. plus feels like slower and hit registry not acc.

• Like 1