ETLegacy - Who plays from ETLegacy

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Please DO NOT download ETlegacy 2.76 as it will not work on any servers using pk3 as menu of char ~~ or Ext ASCII characters. Matter of times server admins start spamming zzzzz in pk3 names. I have no idea what is the logic behind blocking pk3 file name rather then blocking menu override itself. 

I have tried to talk with @kemon  , IRATA and other member of Legacy team. They went out with this approach which really doesn't make any sense. Let's be honest here - it doesn't - no matter how much anyone tries to justify it. Even @kemon you and IRATA both even agreed to that i.e. blocking file characters is not a good logic,  in our conversations so i have no idea what happened during release. 

Here is prime example - Gun control is an issue for massive crime so some people decided to block ONLY SMG's but rest of the guns would be still freely available in market. Does that make any sense? Because you ban SMG but rifles, other guns, pistol, etc etc are still available in market.  

So same happened in ETLegacy 2.76 version. They just banned 2-3 characters in ETLegacy version. Matter of time admins will start spamming pk3's with name zzzzzzzz, yyyyyyyyy, xxxxxxxxxx - etc... etc. 

I have no idea what else to say. I have tried to convey the message since months to the team but they did - what they wanted to do it even though few members had told me that in next version they will not block any file names. No offense intended to anyone. In my book - it's horrible logic. It really is. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, ed_ said:
I removed Legacy. I want to continue playing on the old version...

You don't want to remove legacy - Just keep both - i do same. I keep telling to everyone wait for new version 2.76 which has good fixes but everyone tries 2.75 and wants old one back lol.. 

Installing ETlegacy doesn't remove ET.exe. Just start ET.exe and play it out.

In legacy I played about 3 years ago out of curiosity and so I met our new admin Osik. :)

I've already fixed the statistics. I have completely removed silent.dat and it works...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ed_ said:
I removed Legacy. I want to continue playing on the old version...

Dont do that.

I kept ET 2.60b and installed ETL 2.75.

Both work independantly on my PC.

But if you do .... use uninstall.

Gengis

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JirenTV said:

I installed et-legacy 2.75
and the console does not open I can not load my cfg

help

Tilde key (~) does not open my console!

This is a known SDL issue and should be fixed with latest ET: L. Use SHIFT+ESC key combination instead.

Can I use my ET config files for ET: Legacy?

We do not recommend this. Better not do! Keep in mind many cvars have been deleted, changed or added - see List of cvars. We have constantly removed unused cvars from the code and because any cvar from your config file is processed at runtime the game does not benefit if you use config files containing more cvars definitions than required. Literally hundreds of cvars have been removed from genuine GPL code while we have added a few.

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

• 1 month later...

I am using version 2.75 and it asks me if i wish to update to 2.76 (i said no for now since it seems it does work on FA servers).

Gengis

• Like 1

• Administrators

Please DO NOT download ETlegacy 2.76 as it will not work on any servers using pk3 as menu of char ~~ or Ext ASCII characters. Matter of times server admins start spamming zzzzz in pk3 names. I have no idea what is the logic behind blocking pk3 file name rather then blocking menu override itself. 

I have tried to talk with @kemon  , IRATA and other member of Legacy team. They went out with this approach which really doesn't make any sense. Let's be honest here - it doesn't - no matter how much anyone tries to justify it. Even @kemon you and IRATA both even agreed to that i.e. blocking file characters is not a good logic,  in our conversations so i have no idea what happened during release. 

Here is prime example - Gun control is an issue for massive crime so some people decided to block ONLY SMG's but rest of the guns would be still freely available in market. Does that make any sense? Because you ban SMG but rifles, other guns, pistol, etc etc are still available in market.  

So same happened in ETLegacy 2.76 version. They just banned 2-3 characters in ETLegacy version. Matter of time admins will start spamming pk3's with name zzzzzzzz, yyyyyyyyy, xxxxxxxxxx - etc... etc.  More or less their is no single check of pk3 content so old loophole of any admin forcing you to download trojans/virus, etc is still open. Their is 1 clan which already forces player to download the pk3 so wherever you click - you will join only their server - yes - it can be done and is done. 

I have no idea what else to say. I have tried to convey the message since months to the team but they did - what they wanted to do it even though few members had told me that in next version they will not block any file names. No offense intended to anyone. In my book - it's horrible logic. It really is. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Gengis said:

I am using version 2.75 and it asks me if i wish to update to 2.76 (i said no for now since it seems it does work on FA servers).

Gengis

Not just =F|A= any other servers who runs pk3  menus with names ~~ or extended ASCII  - soon remaining servers will either spam with zzz or xxx or yyy or whatever they like. 

1 hour ago, Aniky said:

If u already have legacy installed, do u need to redownload it or will it auto update by itself?

Don't update - not worth it as it will not work on our servers or any servers where you play mostly - ETPRO OR  PB Enabled Servers OR any clan server who have pk3 menus and that would be 80%-90% servers. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Lenovo said:

will they solve the problem?

It's up to them. Not in my hands. ETLegacy is open source - some admins will compile the build by removing the checks. But I will not do that stuff. It's not in my book.  I believe in solving the problem wherever possible. A solution should be made so it's win win for all admins / players and not just coders. 

• Like 1