FPS boost CFG

C3jZi

does someone know a really good fps config ? :huh:

if yes pls reply idk whats the cause but in the last days im having really big fps drops :/ that go

from 100 fps to 20...

if yes pls reply idk whats the cause but in the last days im having really big fps drops :/ that go

from 100 fps to 20...

Not sure a config would solve that problem. I remember something about you dropping your laptop and a fan getting damaged... could it be overheating again?

Laptops, although they're meant for "on the go" use, aren't made to be dropped. More specifically, displays and hard drives don't like shocks like that.

In any event, since this is a new problem since the past few days, first thing to consider is always "What changed in past x days?" Critical thinking is the key to solving many, if not most, technical problems.

Maybe you noticed your computer rebooted for an update, or the fans seemed louder than usual, maybe it's slower overall, maybe it's just limited to ET.

• Like 2

As Xernicus said, if something changed with the computer, and its not hardware problem, if all else fails, you can reset the computer to an earlier time, that maybe helps

• Like 1

nah i didnt notice any damage inside or outside that thing with the fan i fixed it when i dropped my pc

umm idk i didnt noticed anything im just wondering why this is happening

and its just happening in W:ET

Not sure a config would solve that problem. I remember something about you dropping your laptop and a fan getting damaged... could it be overheating again?
Laptops, although they're meant for "on the go" use, aren't made to be dropped. More specifically, displays and hard drives don't like shocks like that.

In any event, since this is a new problem since the past few days, first thing to consider is always "What changed in past x days?" Critical thinking is the key to solving many, if not most, technical problems.
Maybe you noticed your computer rebooted for an update, or the fans seemed louder than usual, maybe it's slower overall, maybe it's just limited to ET.

As Xernicus said, if something changed with the computer, and its not hardware problem, if all else fails, you can reset the computer to an earlier time, that maybe helps

Wouldn't hurt to see what a tool like HDSentinel says about the estimated lifespan of the HDD. You can't take that apart to examine it.

Sounds like something updated. Without any information, this is a shot in the dark, but you could try experimenting with primitives values (/r_primitives 0,1,2).

• Like 1

lol xern on it like a honet.lol

i would agree with xern here.!

maybe get a video up so we can see.

u cant just ask for a fps cfg..doesnt just work like that.one mans cfg isnt great for all!

i have a pc  that can run et  at its best and its 13 yrs old...hardeware usually ,isnt the culprit... are u playing on one the famous fa servers where 900 other people play. with pings varing from 45 too 500.lol  this will make fps drop like cheap soda! did u go to one of the crappy servers and now u dl some bs that  makes ur et   run like crap.?   and did winblows update something.. this is why i dont let my pc decide for me! side note my wife dropped her laptop.  itore that puss apart and found the hdd didnt like bouncing!.but hdd usually just fail.!

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

lol xern on it like a honet.lol

i would agree with xern here.!

maybe get a video up so we can see.

u cant just ask for a fps cfg..doesnt just work like that.one mans cfg isnt great for all!

i have a pc  that can run et  at its best and its 13 yrs old...hardeware usually ,isnt the culprit... are u playing on one the famous fa servers where 900 other people play. with pings varing from 45 too 500.lol  this will make fps drop like cheap soda! did u go to one of the crappy servers and now u dl some bs that  makes ur et   run like crap.?   and did winblows update something.. this is why i dont let my pc decide for me! side note my wife dropped her laptop.  itore that puss apart and found the hdd didnt like bouncing!.but hdd usually just fail.!

since i joined a server i think something gone wrong

what mod.?

and what server?

some places have alot of junk u dl ..maybe a pm to me so we can chat on whats going on bud!

id sure try to help if i can.!

On 1.4.2018. at 4:42 AM, captnconcrete said:

what mod.?

and what server?

some places have alot of junk u dl ..maybe a pm to me so we can chat on whats going on bud!

id sure try to help if i can.!

i dont really remember it was 1 week ago as soon as i joined i turned my pc off didnt even play a minute on that server

but after that day my in game performance is really bad

i reinstalled W:ET deleted and uninstalled everything that has to do with W:ET

maybe could it bcs i exeperimented with alot of cfg i just execed them one after oter...

i made dumb things lol

but i reinstalled W:ET fully its good now...

but i have another problem

i set blood flashes off but they are showing

and the player is bobbing idk why that wasnt before

and my fps limit is 90... ?

Thanks all those who tryed to help<3

Edited by C3jZi

Not the best idea to randomly download and execute a bunch of random configurations. Many are geared for specific hardware. Executing a config that's got graphics settings that are incompatible with your computer would definitely cause lag. Not to mention that different configurations can have cvars that conflict with another if they're not "complete" (ie: have all client cvars in them).

You want your FPS capped. Different values would have different effects. 76, 90, and 125fps for example are good for jumping. 71fps is good for sniper. 60fps would likely match the refresh rate of your monitor. You just have to experiment with different values to see what suits you the best.

The cvar to change that would be

com_maxFPS [value]

You can turn off the FPS indicator with the following cvar (where 0=False, 1=True):

cg_drawFPS [value 0,1]

It never hurts query your own cvars using the console- and before executing anything, open the cfg file with WordPad, NPP, or another text editor to know what exactly you're changing your settings to. Remove a value if it's incompatible with your hardware or it would override something you want to keep the same.

Edited by Xernicus
Grammar correction
  • 100 1

i would advise u c3ijzi  to back up ur cfg. right now before u do anything else!

and if your gonna  mess with zone megs soundmegs   an hunkmegs .its hard coded .. if u change it in just ur cfg it wont work .! has to be  in your boot target field!

\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "71" + set com_zoneMegs "64" + set com_soundMegs "64" 

something like this!

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Surprise 1

• 3 weeks later...

cg_packetdup to 0 [tells the client to send a duplicate of every packet] (I have it 0, some people say you might lose the odd packet but it depends on your OS settings)

Put hunkmegs soundmegs and zonemegs in your target shortcut. Where you have the game icon to start the game, usually desktop. Right click it and select properties, then edit the target file with +set. similar to mine below;

("C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set com_ignorecrash 1; +set com_hunkmegs 256: +set com_soundmegs 64; +set com_zonemegs 64)

r_overBrightBits if you have it set to 1, I dont like this setting mine is 0. I heard it might be a potential lag cause in the past. Not sure if its fixed in 2.6b but I have had it 0 for a long time. my r_mapoverbrightbits is 3

r_displayrefresh ? I would add it and set it to your monitor Hz. r_displayrefresh 75 for eg.  [ Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\advanced settings\monitor (on Windows 7] :)

r_gamma  another personal preference setting. Mine is 2

r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST" This is also a personal pref. If you want to try it maybe change to r_texturemode gl_linear_mipmap_linear it gives more detail at further range

The word "unsafe" should be removed form your config. In my target above you see +set com_ignorecrash 1, this setting tells the game to ignore the word unsafe in the config on game load/startup. However I would delete the word unsafe from your config file to be sure. Use replace function in notepad and replace unsafe with "blank" The word unsafe spams etconfig.cfg normally and causes graphics problems as any setting with the word "unsafe" after it, is ignored or not loaded.

Hope it helps.

Barn!e

• Like 1

Something else to try is affinity start task manager and set et.exe affinity to only 1 core. In Windows 10 its under details tab in task manager.

• Like 1