Musicians- Post your playing here

docwarren

OK, here's the big disclaimer. Most of this is keyboard. I only started playing guitar a little less than 5 months ago, so only a bass track, some rythm and a tiny bit of lead at the beginning are real guitar and I'm sorry, but I had to do the solo with a synth. Sorry about the distortion as well, I REALLY suck at audio recording. Also, I was just getting over a cold, so my voice sounds a little snotty and off key, especially on the backup vocals (yes, I'm dubbing my voice over my voice in this, cuz I'm a lousey, cowardly cheater). Sorry this isn't a live vid like you folks have, but I prefer to hide behind Audacity and just mix tracks with it. Hope that's ok.

This is an attempt at The Cars "Tonight she Comes", because for some reason, I wish I could go back to the 80's and experience all the horror I now find nostalgic. BTW, there's about a seven second delay before the "music" starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoa37N-g3Do&feature=youtu.be

very impressive i rather enjoyed that thanks for sharing
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

After a long break, I picked up my guitar again last week and got back to some acoustic stuff. This is me playing one of my favorite (even if it is lesser known) Def Leppard tunes, Two Steps Behind. More to come in the next several weeks. Maybe even one of me doing a rare feat of singing and playing at the same time with no background music.

• Like 1

Damn u guys are awesome! Ill try n record myself on post something here soon! I really dug @GI-JOE´s playin and @=Death Hunter=´s song, but everything is awesome. Douglas is also really cool, some pro productions there!

Glad this thread came back to life. We've got a lot of talents floating around here, and it's nice to hear it.. Doc, I'm gonna be looking real close at the fingering there, because I'm still trying to learn guitar.

Ok, I'm gonna throw another one out. Same band as my last one (The Cars, apparently that's all I can play, though I'm working on Mad World right now). This time, everything that is supposed to be done by a guitar has been (which is why the solo sucks.... I've only been doing this a little over a year so please forgive).  Hope you like it.

In my defense, I've only played bass for about 2 weeks at this point so there's nothing particularly elaborate. I'd been practicing on a strat for a little over a year.

Edited by Ow_my_eye

Glad this thread came back to life. We've got a lot of talents floating around here, and it's nice to hear it.. Doc, I'm gonna be looking real close at the fingering there, because I'm still trying to learn guitar.

Ok, I'm gonna throw another one out. Same band as my last one (The Cars, apparently that's all I can play, though I'm working on Mad World right now). This time, everything that is supposed to be done by a guitar has been (which is why the solo sucks.... I've only been doing this a little over a year so please forgive).  Hope you like it.

very cool man! One lil suggestion that could do a lot is tryin to quantize the drums!what software do u record n mix on? maybe some of us can kick something in

• Like 2

Hey angrymosquito. I'm recording through a UX1 but I'm only mixing on Audacity. The drums are direct from my old ensoniq TS10 (as is the other keyboard stuff). I honestly don't know much about sound work, so I don't quite know what you mean when you suggested I quantise the drums (gonna need to google it I think). 

Anyhow, I'm just doing this stuff for fun right now. But any info will be helpful.

Thanks.

Edited by Ow_my_eye

Doc, I'm gonna be looking real close at the fingering there, because I'm still trying to learn guitar.

Barking up the wrong tree.  I play by ear and self taught. I play what I hear. I don't always play the correct chords, but I have a blast doing these and it always brings a smile to my face when my daughter comes in and says "I just like hearing you play & sing". My number 1 fan and I wouldn't want it any other way.

For learning Bon Jovi stuff the correct way, I suggest doing a YouTube search for "Timo". Believe he is from EU, but hands down the best at showing you the correct way to play Bon Jovi songs.

Hey Guys,

I thought id post this song that Ive been learning and workin on this past week. Its a cover of Joe Pass playing Autum Leaves. Before u see it i gotta tell ya im more of a blues n rock player, but I really love jazz to and this song ive been obsessed for years but finally got the balls to try it! Also gotta letcha know there´s a lotta mistakes there and i still got a ton of work to get it just right and a lotta nuances to work on.  Lemme know what u think!

Edited by Gubbi
  • Like 7

Hey angrymosquito. I'm recording through a UX1 but I'm only mixing on Audacity. The drums are direct from my old ensoniq TS10 (as is the other keyboard stuff). I honestly don't know much about sound work, so I don't quite know what you mean when you suggested I quantise the drums (gonna need to google it I think). 

Anyhow, I'm just doing this stuff for fun right now. But any info will be helpful.

Thanks.

Hey, aight no prob just a suggestion. I dont think you can quantize in audacity. Theres other software out there than might do it but well u gotta get it and learn bout it lol. Quantize just automatically shitfs sounds to fit a determined tempo or tempo map. but its aight just something that can be helpful in the future!
  • Like 1