Musicians- Post your playing here

docwarren

I recently joined a metal/prog-metal outfit (sorry death-metal junkies, no blast beats yet) in an effort to try and challenge myself with a style that I hadn't done in a long time and was never comfortable playing. It's been an interesting few months but I think it's coming together nicely. I start tracking drums for our first record on Sunday and through the next week. These are two of our shorter songs, just decided to put them in one video instead of splitting them up.

http://youtu.be/TbbaVZ-6zE4

Sorry about the audio quality, all I have at the moment is the camera audio, but down the road I'll have more videos with the studio audio. Watching at 1080p quality improves it a little bit :\ 

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 9

I recently joined a metal/prog-metal outfit (sorry death-metal junkies, no blast beats yet) in an effort to try and challenge myself with a style that I hadn't done in a long time and was never comfortable playing. It's been an interesting few months but I think it's coming together nicely. I start tracking drums for our first record on Sunday and through the next week. These are two of our shorter songs, just decided to put them in one video instead of splitting them up.

http://youtu.be/TbbaVZ-6zE4

Sorry about the audio quality, all I have at the moment is the camera audio, but down the road I'll have more videos with the studio audio. Watching at 1080p quality improves it a little bit :\ 

Duuude!! that´s sweet stuff right there :P I´m a drummer my self with abit less skill than than what your show here :) i currently use a electronic kit with demon drive direct link. I don´t have any vids other than a really old school musical vid where i´m not even shown.. :C

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok most of you know I'm generally Rock/Metal orientated at least with my own stuff though I listen to a bit of everything. I'm experimenting with a Dance tune using FL10 and decided I'd continue this project until it's finished. Here is 57 seconds of where this thing is heading.

I'm going to name the tune " Yolanda " after my mates weed pipe. yes it has a name lol. This is basically take 1. I intend to add vocals and of course more guitar work and most definitely key changes. It's also helping me familiarize myself with other aspects of FL10. Don't get too excited :)

Recommend burying headphones deep into ur ears.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/bsw9o8ydcn8ynmo/Yolanda.mp3

• Like 1

Wow... just wow. You guys ROCK! \m/

I'm very impressed with all of your talents and I feel I should join this topic and share some of the stuff I wrote and played. I hope you guys will like it. I'm play some bass guitar and like to write songs and compositions.

A preview of the EP of my previous band "Make Waves":

The Return of the Flat Earthers (I don't like the way the sound is mixed but it's not that bad):

(Also, pay attention at 1:29, my favourite part)

One of our greater hits "Destination Unknown" (Awesome 7/8 and binary 6/8 to 8/8 beats):

I like the way my bass sounds in this song. I'm playing on my '82 Hamer Cruisebass (USA) over my Hartke HA5500 amp with a fresh tube and 4x10" and 1x15" cabinets. Because of the unconventional beats we use people were always dancing funny and awkward.

Here we are playing live on national radio station 3FM with a song I wrote. I don't think this is the best we could have done at the time but it did give us a big PR advantage compared to other bands.

Now for something entirely different! Those are some funny songs I made a few years back. Nothing serious. They're quite bad actually. Go, have a laugh :)

Cheers!

Edited by SuperSniperGuy
  • Like 4

damn you guys rock hard, i am too shy to post any of my work :D nice job keep it up!

I created this topic for that very reason. You should post some.

If they haven't bashed my playing as bad as it is, I doubt you will have anyone bash yours.

• Like 1

Updated my portfolio with some of my recent session work, the guy I was recording for "Jason Smith" is a new musician who recently started writing his own music/rap...he's a good guy but his song writing has a looooooooooooooong way to go, all the drums for his stuff were written on the spot in the studio, which was another degree of difficulty having never heard them before. The other stuff is from one of my current bands "SugarFinger" and my first (serious) band "JACK" that was recorded back in 2008(?) so I had only been playing the drums for about...3 years at the time.

https://soundcloud.com/panzero

Also, great stuff SSG!

And saintmire, you're more than welcome to share with us!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do not know if you listen well, my camera does not help me hahaha 

Is a cover a song by Dir en Grey (CAGE)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=572931976159853&set=vb.100003291681408&type=2&theater

:)

Nice slappin' of the base! I dont know the song but your fingerwork looks good!

Here is my latest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HDsRXMLGqs

• Like 4

Just wanna repost this for those that missed it, and for those who maybe didn't get it the first time..

This is some serious talent right here, and I have nothing personally to gain by making these comments.. This is just amazing, and I think everyone needs to check it out again.. Killer JOE, just killer!

• Like 2