Musicians- Post your playing here

docwarren

Wanted to post this when I'd kind of perfected it for Doc.. So there will be a part 2. I'm just eager to share.

Jovi's Born To Be My Baby Solo. Take 1

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ryfgoltpd9c4c9q/Born_to_be_my_baby_solo_1.mp3

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm on the trap set playing with just hands for this acoustic version of Eleanor Rigby. The reason I bend down is to use the mic for the drums to sing backup. Trying to get the guy who recorded the set to upload Hey Jude & We Can Work It Out.

http://youtube/fDq7pPRVark

• Like 2

A side note..... the guy on acoustic is going to record in Abbey Road studios in a couple weeks on a project featuring members of Talking Heads, REM and some band from UK that was big there. Project is backed by Jimmy Page (who Paul says may play if "the happy elf" shows up) and may feature John Paul Jones.

The guy on the far right (who leads this band) is Gary. He did sound engineering for many tv musical shows in the 70's. Including The Captain and Tennille show, Lawrence Welk and was an assistant producer for artists Joni Mitchell & a few others.

These 2 have such a knack for playing song live on the fly, it is just mind boggling and humbling. They told me they would kick me off stage if I ever goofed them up, but they think it adds to the show having someone who plays by ear. Gained their trust enough that they let me start off songs now and invited me to make a special appearance for a few songs at their weekly gig in downtown Dallas. Unfortunately I work weekends. But man...... having a blast playing live.

More videos to come.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...