400 bucks and you can send your own lego into space

Medic Kane

what a waste.....400 bucks, video card? processor? motherboard? powersupply? xbox even? but no, put a lego in space....idiots

I guess, think of the recognition they got from this, instead of waisting their lives playing video games, or something.

Edited by Latino555

i didnt mean literally playing games, just sayin things off the top of my head that may cost 400 bux...and recognition? this is nothing great in my opinion....just another reason for people to send more junk into space, already have too much up there as it is :/

I think its pretty cool project. I'm glad they got good pictures. $400 isn't an enormous amount of money split two ways. I guess I'm most suprised that it only traveled 75 miles from the take off point.

i didnt mean literally playing games, just sayin things off the top of my head that may cost 400 bux...and recognition? this is nothing great in my opinion....just another reason for people to send more junk into space, already have too much up there as it is :/

They got 3 cameras and a video camera out of the deal, plus they put a lego man in space which is obviously not something just anyone can do. Seems pretty worth it to me

I think it was awesome and creative that they did this. They are able to say that they did something unique and inventive, that certainly nobody here can say they did. 400 dollars seems a small price to pay for such a great feat.

• Like 1

DEFINITELY worth the money. I wanna try this now hahah. So awesome.

Tho technically speaking, 80,000ft isn't space. Just saying

Edited by ajnl

Tho technically speaking, 80,000ft isn't space. Just saying

True but having your OWN device climbing in high, your OWN cameras capturing the moment when the sky turns pitch black and you can see the earth's curvature, that's close enough to space for me.

Now where do I get a weather balloon and 3 cameras? I wanna send my LEGO Darth Vader up in the sky. :D

True but having your OWN device climbing in high, your OWN cameras capturing the moment when the sky turns pitch black and you can see the earth's curvature, that's close enough to space for me.

Now where do I get a weather balloon and 3 cameras? I wanna send my LEGO Darth Vader up in the sky. :D

We should send something up to represent FA :P.

I completely agree with you, i'm just saying. Its not technically space :P. Actually, our atmosphere does end till about half way to the moon.

• Like 1