Phineas Geist

Can't get Server Browser To Display Servers/Can't Connect To IPS

Question

Heya all. You may know me as the noob that hangs around the XP Save Server.

Anyway, ET was working fine for me until today. Now I can't use the Server Browser or connect to IPs manually. Obviously my internet is working, and PunkBuster is enabled. Does anyone think they know what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

15 answers to this question

In that case it's probably something to do with the master server list.

That's what I thought also, but when master server list is down, you still should be able to connect directly over IP adress, no?

Could your firewall be blocking ET?

Doubt it, I just played yesterday but will check, thanks.

Edit: Yep, the firewall is not blocking ET. Any other ideas?

Edited by Phineas Geist

What error message do you get in your console (if any) when you try to do /connect jay1.clan-fa.com for example?

Chuck

Same problem with me..

It just says requesting serverlist from master server or something like that..

Probably a temporary error.

In that case it's probably something to do with the master server list.

That's what I thought also, but when master server list is down, you still should be able to connect directly over IP adress, no?

I always thought that too, but someone told me otherwise early October.. They could've been talking sh*t though :P

you can try enter to the master list since other mod (silent, nq etc) and look if you can access now. Also you can use the command /vid_restart (in console) and look what happened. Emm... Other idea is look if you dont move the options of connection. I hope your problem take solution fast friend.

But you still can join with the FA menu in ET :D

• Like 1

Glad I read this topic because I thought my 4 year old little angel screwed up my settings somehow and it affected the ET master server list.

F|A RECRUITING XP SAVE /connect jay1.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 8.9.4.227:27960

F|A #2 XPSAVE FOREVER /connect jay2.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 174.34.164.93:27960

F|A BEGINNERS XPS (Euro) /connect jay3.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 178.63.72.170:27960

F|A NoDownload XPSAVE GERMANY /connect jay4.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 178.63.72.165:27960

F|A SILENT RECRUITING new /connect etpub.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 174.34.164.92:27960

F|A HARDCORE XPS /connect hardcore.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 216.155.146.19:27960

F|A NOQUARTER XPS /connect nq1.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 72.9.97.40:27960

F|A NoQ #2 RECRUITING XPS /connect nq26b.clan-fa.com:27960 /connect 178.63.72.175:27960 ET 2.60

• Like 1

Silent is now silent.clan-fa.com :)

I can't see the main server list either,but it's weird cuz i can connect to the F|A servers from the main menu

Masterserver is down :)