daredevil

Please vote your choices  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for some TDM maps

• Yes - I am open for TDM style game play. Let's give it a shot - Hardcore
    • Yes - I am open for TDM style game play. Let's give it a shot - silent #1
    • Nop - I hate TDM either hardcore or silent #1

• Administrators

So those who you played - on Beginners #2 event ... yesterday.. how did you like TDM?  Would you guys like to play it on silent #1 or hardcore for maps like baserace, fragmaze, etc? 

For those who don't know TDM - it's team death match mode. To make your team win - you frag like fearless gangster and you do objectives to score bonus points. Which ever team - scores highest point first - team wins. Either time limit hits or score point is reached - map ends. After map end - you vote for another map during intermission, same like map voting. 

Looking for some feedback! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators

I could add it - make it no artillery i think. Make it 15 min map and frag it up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I could add it - make it no artillery i think. Make it 15 min map and frag it up. 

Fantastic!Thanks! Your idea to block airstrikes and all the rest sound great to me.

I like this idea. Could work on 1-2 frag maps like purefrag on Hardcore (many would love this, most would leave when that map is voted), but not for the whole time... It's the obj server, it's one of its best features. Perhaps for silent1, people don't play THAT hard for obj right there imo, but I might be wrong, HC is my home.

I would love a change of pace from the regular maps that get played over and over. 

It would also be nice if the map vote system displayed more than 40+ maps.

• Administrators

How about i make purefrag or frag maps to be vote only, which only admins can call vote for ?  I can try to do something like that.. so admin can call poll vote - see how many players want it and if 80% vote yes - admin call the vote for map ?  

Note - Not 100% tested yet but can give it a shot to make it work if possible. If not - don't hold me to death lol

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, daredevil said:

How about i make purefrag or frag maps to be vote only, which only admins can call vote for ?  I can try to do something like that.. so admin can call poll vote - see how many players want it and if 80% vote yes - admin call the vote for map ?  

Note - Not 100% tested yet but can give it a shot to make it work if possible. If not - don't hold me to death lol

I think as we have map voting there, it shouldn't be an issue.

Just keep the maps there as vote options is ok. :D

• Like 2

I think it's a great idea for HC and I like the idea of having it forced for certain fragging maps. HC is very competitive and I'm pretty sure it would be fun to play. I'm not sure though about the admin having to call poll vote, I think just having the TDM maps in the usual vote and when it gets voted people will enjoy it more and more. But it doesnt hurt to actually ask regulars on the server about it, i'm just wondering if they will vote for a "change". When the last version of FA italy made it to HC, I was literally begging to regulars to vote for it and give it a chance. It took a while to get the votes but eventually people started to enjoy it.

• Like 2

I think any effort towards deathmatch mode is worthwhile, where teamwork isn't required. Games requiring teamwork can be very fun with good teamwork, but they can also be quite frustrating with bad teamwork. In ET you're mostly playing in games with really bad teamwork. ET is really limited in communications -- there's no voip or location callouts, so it's really hard to even get players on the right track (assuming they even care).

Before this turns into any more of an ET rant, yes I think TDM is very welcome. I think limited lives would be a good experiment too.

• Like 1

• Leader

We could have TDM-tags in front of the map-names, so they can all know what they are voting for.

Fun1.clan-fa.com is now a NitMod TDM server, if you want to get a "taste" of that play-style.  

b_560_95_1.png

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

We could have TDM-tags in front of the map-names

That would require re-compile I believe i.e. to change map names in loading and voting screen. I am not mapping expert but @Smileyyy can put some light. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, efool said:

I think any effort towards deathmatch mode is worthwhile

22 hours ago, w1cx said:

I think it's a great idea for HC

22 hours ago, Mordecai said:

Just keep the maps there as vote options is ok. :D

23 hours ago, opsinphark said:

I would love a change of pace

On 6/23/2019 at 3:25 PM, kajto3 said:

I like this idea.

Can you all please suggest on which maps you would like to play TDM? I will add which maps you guys want rather then what I think you guys like! Others can suggest as well!

On 6/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, Pride said:

Purefrag Final-the best TDM map for me

Any other map where you would like to play it? 

All - Is purefrag - 10 mins - ok ? It would be available for vote when their will be less then 12 players. 

• Like 2

The one we had on the gameday was perfect, Fragmaze I think is the name? The other frag maps that I can think of might be too small for 12 players. Is BBA castle too big?

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, w1cx said:

The one we had on the gameday was perfect, Fragmaze I think is the name? The other frag maps that I can think of might be too small for 12 players. Is BBA castle too big?

BBA Castle - yes - can make it enable for 30 plus players.. but for that one - i feel, hardcore regulars peeps will hate me for eternity! I am open for some hate cos i get that anyways from some peeps who think they can always see stars in the sky!

• Haha 2