Sniping demo for everyone to see

RASHOMON

Hello everyone,

as suggested by Daredevil, I recorded myself with an outside source (OBS) playing sniper on the FA main server so that everyone can see that I don't use any illegal program or mouse macro to reduce my sniper recoil.

In the video you can see that I open both the taskmanager (it's in French so I can help you with my limited knowledge if you need me to translate anything) and my mouse software so that you can see that I don't have any macros loaded.

For some reason, I was playing in full screen but the the recording shows only a windowed version of me playing after a 1 week break with a bit of lag (the gameplay quality is thus not very high) but at least, everyone can see how I play and will hopefully refrain from making foolhardy comments.

I have submitted my cfg to high admins and members and it was ruled okay.

If you need anything from me I'll be glad to assist you and provide you with any information I can give!

Best regards,

RASHOMON

e: the video file is too big for me to post here directly so you'll have to watch the demo on streamable.

The link is: https://streamable.com/1gmbt

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

pls share your cfg :D.

I saw your video and I think you use the sniper without zoom. I do not think that is cheating

Edited by MEXCAL
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Forgot to mention - thank you. I did posted the screenshots in members section of my team viewer i.e. live view of you playing ET from your PC with me having full access. So that should clear anyone else doubt. Your game play remained same. Some people will always complain that you cheat or you use 3rd party software to achieve your skills. Not much can be done. 

Man,

I don't understand why you chose to post this video. You played for 7 mins and you killed 8 allies (one with satchel at 4.37). Anyone could have done that in 7 mins. The game play was dizzy and someone could tell that you killed most allies by just being lucky. I have watched the way you play as covert in games and it's nothing like this. In real games your rifle has almost no recoil while in this demo you can't follow the action without getting dizzy. I would like to see a real game where your aim is steady as rock and then see if there is something running or any script applied.

Btw if we can't see the configuration you run before you start the game then I believe there is no point posting videos, cause someone may believe that script is already applied. I really think however that this kind of demos can be deceiving since the author can easily cut some part before the game starts. The only way to test if someone is really skilled is to have him play in a fixed pc with the choice of having his own mouse and keyboard used (with previous examination of macros and scripts applied). Since this is almost impossible to happen, making demos can't really prove anything.

Just let me add two more points:

a) At start (1.11 of video) you execute "fa". What is this? This could have contained any script or illegal program. A suspicious viewer would have already rejected this video by just noticing this.

b) At 4.47 of the video you seem to fire a shot while no allies appear. A suspicious viewer could have taken that as a sign of wall hack. 

That's why I am saying that I really don't understand why you would wanted to post this video.

Don't take me wrong. I am not saying that you surely use scripts, but I have serious doubts. That's why forums are for though. To discuss things without of course insulting other people. The problem is that I can't get that no-recoil effect when I play with covert. Many other players can't. Covert's K43  was meant to have this disadvantage since it would have been too overpowered if one could shoot with it without recoil. If a player can alter this he can gain important advantage. This is after all why rule number 13 of this server says : " Scripts that alter gameplay to give the user a distinct advantage over other players are prohibited. These scripts, for example, may include anti-recoil scripts and mortar scripts. Players using these will be handled as common offenders (!warn, !kick, !ban) and not as hacking offenders (immediate permanent ban).".

Just my 2 cents, without any offense.

• Love 1

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, UnkownMap said:

I would like to see a real game where your aim is steady as rock and then see if there is something running or any script applied.

Then spec him, record a demo and post it here. The fact is DD HAS seen his CFG and his scripts and has OK'd them, but feel free to prove otherwise. It's actually how accusations are supposed to wsork. You suspect, record, and post a demo with your accusations as proof.

• 100 2

• Administrators
15 hours ago, UnkownMap said:

These scripts, for example, may include anti-recoil scripts and mortar scripts. Players using these will be handled as common offenders (!warn, !kick, !ban) and not as hacking offenders (immediate permanent ban).".

anti-recoil scripts are most all patched in mod itself.. i.e. '+lookdown' and '+lookup' are disabled in mostly all mods. If it's working for you in any mod please let me know. I could be wrong as well so always good to have someone check on it as well. 

If you think he is cheating - take a demo and post in this topic OR ask him nicely to take a video or demo when he played so you get his version i.e. no extra lag and such. 

• Like 1

Guys, I know the procedure. What I just said is that the demo Rashomon posted doesn't show a good player in action (I am not saying he is not a good player) . If he didn't say it was him I would have thought it was some random player in the server. Noone would ever think to complain about possible use of script regarding this video. I wouldn't expect such a low performance after 1 week break from a player of his level. Simple as that. I haven't seen many players being banned for using sniper scripts those last years, mainly because players from northern Europe (mostly Fins) use it extensively and have made it mainstream. You are asking anyone complaining to take a demo and post it. Well, think for a moment. What will you do with that? What are you going to look for in it? Since you can't see him live, I mean what he does with his hands, any player can support that he is so good that he can compensate recoil with a counter move of the mouse. Ok .... try to do that in action. This is the same type of argument used by players having 60+ accuracy in a full server with increased lag and shots from everywhere. Sure ...It can happen...but not by humans (at least this is my opinion). Furthermore, as I wrote, I noticed him executing an "fa" file. Did you examine this file too? I am also sure there are ways to execute files with a press of a key without being noticed. Also the fact that mods have some commands disabled hadn't prevented hacks to be used in the past. I am not saying Rashomon is cheating. I have some serious doubts though about using sniper script or a program having a similar effect. If you are so confident about your anti-cheat security then it's good for all of us. I wish everyone would play this game in equal terms so we could know for sure who is good and who is faking. Since this is impossible for various reasons, we can only count on server administrators to do their best to ensure fair game. Can't say anything else cause I am sure this is not going to lead anywhere. You are right to ask for hard proofs but these days you can't find them easily especially when we are talking about an old generation game with serious vulnerabilities and no support from creators.

• 100 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, UnkownMap said:

You are asking anyone complaining to take a demo and post it.

Yes. No one is special. Demo is the only way to catch when you think someone is cheating. It's like crime happens in your city and you want judge to be their all the time. Not possible. So judge relies on evidence. In this case common ground is - Demo. 

9 minutes ago, UnkownMap said:

Well, think for a moment. What will you do with that? What are you going to look for in it?

We review the demo each one and try to find anything which shows signs of cheats or macros. Load up public cheats available on your local server, configure it using humain aim settings or use macros to lower your recoil and see how it works for you. Look for similar stuff i.e. how cheat works and macros work.  Those youtube videos will not help. But make sure you don't get busted on the server or else bye bye. Also many cheats used to or still have trojans so be careful on what you try. Run on old PC so if you have to format it, all good their. Macros are most easy to catch when you are watching player live through team-viewer since you have access to player PC. Just need to make sure 1 screen is attached through out whole round of watch. 

3 minutes ago, UnkownMap said:

You are right to ask for hard proofs but these days you can't find them easily especially when we are talking about an old generation game with serious vulnerabilities and no support from creators.

Off course it's right to ask any question but don't you think believing is also the right for others when they explain the logic? OR Is it only Q Q Q and use excuse game is old? Even new games has cheaters on it. Have you seen BF, COD, TF2, CS, etc ? Same thing. No game - old or new is exception. 

3 minutes ago, UnkownMap said:

Furthermore, as I wrote, I noticed him executing an "fa" file. Did you examine this file too?

All his configs where examined and nothing wrong found in it.  I already said - i watched him live having full access to his PC. Now he didn't cheat at that time but can he cheat later? Sure yes. Can he use macro later? Yes. But to me if his game play remains similar when i was watching then mostly he wouldn't cheat later majority. Sure he can and hence we rely on demo because that's the only way. 

8 minutes ago, UnkownMap said:

Sure ...It can happen...but not by humans (at least this is my opinion).

Opinion - Everyone got opinion, nothing wrong with it. 

İ was against to scripts or scripters always.go far away,use scoop and fire as machine gun with "0" recoil...it doesn't seem fair to me.

He had explained in short form to me because I was sniping on opposite team and we were chatting about his playing styles and if he had league play and such and he was fast but could still be killed. He gave me a tip that I use and made me a little faster on the draw. I liked that he was open with me and seeing this post he was telling me the truth.  thanks for the insights and i'll be picking your brain.

best regards:  Douch3Canoe.

• Like 1

Sorry hadn't seen the discussion. I'll try to cover most points:

@UnkownMap

Man,

In real games your rifle has almost no recoil while in this demo you can't follow the action without getting dizzy.

That's the point I'm trying to make since the beginning. Specing someone sniping smoothers the recoil for the spec - a lot. If you had specced me while I was recording the video you would have seen the same usual thing. I'm dealing with dizzy recoil while you can't see it as a spec. But it may have been a little dizzier due to the recording itself: I felt it was a little harder to play and snipe because of the recording, it took a little load on my computer so it was difficult to have a clean gameplay.

Btw if we can't see the configuration you run before you start the game then I believe there is no point posting videos, cause someone may believe that script is already applied.

I exec my config everytime I join the server then when I select sniper, medic, rifle. I have a config for each class, nothing unusual. I don't think it is possible to run anyting before the game starts. The game only execs a couple of cfg by itself, including autoexec.cfg

a) At start (1.11 of video) you execute "fa". What is this? This could have contained any script or illegal program. A suspicious viewer would have already rejected this video by just noticing this.

This one made me laugh :D fa.cfg contains the following line: connect 8.9.4.227:27960

It simply makes it easier for me to join a server instead of going on trackbase, copy pasting the ip then typing /connect [ip]

b) At 4.47 of the video you seem to fire a shot while no allies appear. A suspicious viewer could have taken that as a sign of wall hack. 

Can't be bothered to rewatch, I sometimes have phantom shots due to quick firing and mouse holding. A sign of wallhack means nothing, it's not the point here and you'd find 50 instances in a map in which you'd see I don't use a wh.

The problem is that I can't get that no-recoil effect when I play with covert.

Maybe you don't have at least 3000 hours in this game as a sniper. And maybe you don't have any optimized cfg setting that would help you lower your recoil (not remove it, as @daredevil said, the only command that would make a no recoil script work is the +lookdown command (+lookup works, but it would be dumb to use it for sniping :D) and the +lookdown command is obsolete in ET as a whole since 2004 or so.

Covert's K43  was meant to have this disadvantage since it would have been too overpowered if one could shoot with it without recoil.

That's why I still have recoil to handle. If I don't pull down my mouse (do it 0.1 sec before firing, it will help), the recoil goes up as usual. And again, what you see as a spectator does not translate into what I have to deal with in term of recoil and shakiness.

I haven't seen many players being banned for using sniper scripts those last years, mainly because players from northern Europe (mostly Fins) use it extensively and have made it mainstream.

No, Fins players didn't have access to such scripts as I said. They were beasts. KRP Vanhaomena and Serimestari (aka panker) were absolutely exceptional with the sniper, I played them both, especially Vanhaomena with which I discussed a lot in his famous sniper fragmovie on Youtube, I was calling him a script user at the time, he explained to me that it wasn't the case (I think you can still find our discussions in the YT comments lol), then I started digging into what ET configs could bring me in term on lowering recoil and I found a clever way of using  settings available for everyone to use. I won't share it here but I shared it with FA admins and they said it was ok since everyone can use these settings to their advantage.

I simply think noone bothers to dig into this for sniping because people don't really care about this weapon. They don't play it besides the usual moments in maps that allow it. So they don't really know about this weapon, don't know everything that can be accomplished with it, every trick it allows. That's why not a lot of people can replicate what they see when they spectate me. Sniping requires a lot of skills, a variety of techniques that requires a really long time to master. As I said, it took me hundred of hours playing the best ET snipers on sniper servers (on sniper maps - you have no idea how good we were when ET was at its peak) to master every sniping techniques and thousand of hours to experiment, play with it and reach a high level.

Anyway I hope you'll take into account what I tried to explain the best I could,  feel free to reply, I don't mind discussing it again. I kind of like talking about sniping :P

Regards,

RASHOMON

Edited by RASHOMON
  • 100 1