Really bad lag

Wikingg
Go to solution Solved by Buckwild,

Yeah i just downloaded ET once again long time and i joined your servers, but...that terrible lagging what i am getting in battle..? Is the problem on my side or the host side? Because i want to play this game along with CoD4, but at this moment i just thinking stay in CoD. 

• Leader

I updated my graphics drivers one time and had a similar problem.

A solution for me was found on these forums.

I opened the console and typed /r_primitives 2 .  You can enter the /r_primitives alone to find out what your current setting is.

I suspect that you are the "Bob" from Finland that had the same problem on NQ#1 during GameDay last week :) 

I finally thought of this possible solution days later and kicked myself for not thinking of it during our chat! :( 

How is your ToughBook doing?

• Platinum VIP

Can you tell if its FPS lag, connection (ping) inconsistency or anything else? Maybe a picture of your lag-o-meter if there is anything on there.

Also it is always useful to run a WinMTR. Just enter the server IP in the top left and let it run for a few hundred packages.

• Like 1

Well ill bet its ping/connection..only happens in battlescenes nowere else and /r_primitives didnt help at all, just f***ed up my graphics. 

• Surprise 1

try pmove_fixed 1 or 0

dont forget that after you change an r_ setting you need to vid_restart

r_primitives 2 fixes most lag problems for new installs

Edited by Barn!e
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barn!e said:

try pmove_fixed 1 or 0

no impact on performance

What graphics card are you using? What is your OS? Are you playing on ET 2.60b or Legacy version?

Post some screenshots of your lagometer and WinMTR output if you think it's connection issue.

Edited by kajto3

18 hours ago, kajto3 said:

no impact on performance

What graphics card are you using? What is your OS? Are you playing on ET 2.60b or Legacy version?

Post some screenshots of your lagometer and WinMTR output if you think it's connection issue.

P move does have impact on performance actually. For some reason jaymod doesnt like p_move fixed 1 and gives huge lags. 

1 hour ago, Barn!e said:

Sorry Kajto3 I am confused I was responding to OP. I dont have any lag myself :)

That was directed to OP as well, I just quoted you to say about the pmove_fixed cvar:) of course, everyone have different reasons for their lags and if disabling pmove_fixed actually helps I would be surprised:) btw it's forced to 0 on Hardcore server by default, not sure about the other servers.

• Leader

@Wikingg is this your computer, the one that you mentioned on NQ#3 ?   toughbook cf-h2 mk2

It looks like Intel does have  updated Graphics drivers for your HD 4000 graphics and will work with your "Core™ i5-3427U Processor", released "9/18/18" ".  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26813/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499

I don't know if you had checked all of this before.  You did mention wanting to update your chipset drivers, or did you suspect them as the source of the problem?

BTW, do you have a mouse, keyboard and monitor attached to that 'tablet'?  

Bob had mentioned that others had played BF3 on that computer with no problems.

ur cfg would make it easier ...possibly a performance setting in power options i had lag till i  change power option settings in windows. set em to performance. maybe a little video of this lag.

• Platinum VIP

Not sure if many know this, but there is a hidden Ultimate Performance profile in windows, which I saw a bit of an upgrade when I set it up.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/04/20/enable-ultimate-performance-mode-in-windows-10/

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Thats a goal right there Hipkat...I didnt even know that.

I came across it by accident while searching for something else a a few months ago

• Like 1