FA taken over my ET?

HiTTy aka HiTMaN
Go to solution Solved by Lenovo,

So I go to start up my ET and I find myself in an FA Server start page, not the normal ET startup screen. WTF? 

as well now all my favourites are gone and to go to other servers I have to type in IP address.

Can someone tell me how this happened?

• Administrators

ET has favorite bug. It never worked for me correctly, at least. For me, I still see the favorites but randomly, I will loose them. 

When you join our server, you get the menu. Our silent servers have no menu - menu is blocked all together in silent 0.9.0. May be you had visited our servers long time and since then you had menu? We blocked the menu mess in silent mod all together. So it's just not you or us or any other clan use it. 

Also menu is their on other mods ex - jaymod, nq, etc so players can connect to server easily when master list is down. Master list used to go down frequently and not all users are tech savvy. So it's connection for them.

1 minute ago, LKplus said:

Same here, mine it's all messed up and can't download any file from server.

Something is wrong...

You can't download files because redirect machine is down. We are working on it, resolving the issue with data-center. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • 100 1

Hi guys, I was wondering why I couldn't connect either, and good to know the problem isn't client-side... Spent 2h yesterday reinstalling ET, tweaking router, etc... LOL

• Surprise 1

5 minutes ago, lem0n91 said:

Hi guys, I was wondering why I couldn't connect either, and good to know the problem isn't client-side... Spent 2h yesterday reinstalling ET, tweaking router, etc... LOL

Connect to where? 

Open console, is it saying you're missing certain files?

If so, the re-direct server is down and you won't be able to download them just yet.

I mean connecting to any server (even not F|A servers). As soon as my ET needs to download files it disconnects me, saying I need blablabla.pk3 etc... This problem I understand now, and will be solved soon I hope ;).

A bit offtopic:

MasterServersList001.jpg

What are these (fake) F|A servers in masterlist? "Server info" shows 0 players, anyway connection is blocked with that little script I found here on forum....

• Solution
22 hours ago, lem0n91 said:

Intendo collegarmi a qualsiasi server (anche non server F | A). Appena il mio ET ha bisogno di scaricare i file, mi disconnette, dicendo che ho bisogno di blablabla.pk3 ecc ... Questo problema lo capisco ora e sarà risolto presto spero;).

Un po 'fuori moda:

MasterServersList001.jpg

Quali sono questi (falsi) server F | A nella masterlist? "Info server" mostra 0 giocatori, comunque la connessione è bloccata con quella piccola sceneggiatura che ho trovato qui sul forum ....

seta cl_wwwDownload "1"
seta cl_allowDownload "1"
seta cl_autoupdate "1"

The redirect was down for Jaymod 2 and 3 for a day or so but is all fine now. To restore the main ET menu and remove FA you have to open the etmain folder and delete the pk3 files with "~~~~~" in the file name. These as DD says are the menu files for FA servers. As the only really active server set it is helpful for us regulars and makes life easier than searching lists or typing /connect IP. Yes there are other active servers out there but good luck finding one that isn't full of humanized aimbotters...

Do not delete pak0 - pak3 these are game pk3's

It is well worth clearing etmain of map pk3's every so often anyway as a lot of pk3's causes lag and RAM issues, well for me anyway.

• Like 3

• Leader
On 12/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, Barn!e said:

It is well worth clearing etmain of map pk3's every so often anyway as a lot of pk3'

... and a lot of "disk thrashing".  I had not understood that every pk3 gets read and loaded not just when starting ET, but when each map starts!  (I think :) )  I 'cleared' some 800mb, or so!  :o 

• Like 1

• Administrators

our pk3 cleaner works charm on cleaning out junk pk3s and replacing it with the one required for our servers. 

We actively update pk3 cleaner. 

• 100 1