Meal prep: How many of you do this?

Old Timer

Just seeing who out there might meal prep to cut down on cooking time throughout the week. I started about three years ago and wish I had started way sooner. I was always intimidated by it when my friends showed pics of how they did it. Now that I'm married my wife loves it. I do ours on Sunday and it takes less than two hours to complete. Interested to see if anyone else does it and what you do. Love trying new ideas. 

never have done this, i usually wing it if im cooking, but ive recently decided that cooking costs a lot less money than buying lunch and dinner every day

Having lived alone for a while, and since my schedule's been getting increasingly hectic through the years, meal prep has been a life-saver!

Usually, I have meat marinating in the fridge and on the rack directly underneath would be some cut up veggies. Garnish and what not went on the same rack, with some sauces I would have prepared.

Really helps throughout the week, and for any surprise visitors we might get at the household.

18 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

I order food. Cuts down cooking time by a lot. Works like a charm man.

17 hours ago, Old Timer said:

Lol, Pizza Hut???

16 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Hahah spot on!

Don't you order at Colonel Sanders anymore?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh yeah, I prep food for almost daily :-)

since I love cooking, some meals I just make twice the amounts and it lasts me for some quick and tasty workday lunches ( I can reheat my stuff there, if needed). It's not time consuming at all, since I almost never order or buy pre-cooked stuff around here, it's hella cheap compared to eating out each day and it's also beneficial for my health. Would recommend, even if you're not into cooking heavily. Sometimes it's as simple as Spaghetti with tomato sauce, 20min max for cookin stuff, obv. having a bit more time enriches the sauce, heh.

• Like 2

Uhh, shrug. I cook Chili Con Carne which is usually 6 plates worth, I eat it that day and the next, freeze the rest. I do the same for some other dishes, mix it up with 1 soup/cold meal a week or something and I'm basically fed for 2 weeks by cooking 3 times.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...