Same maps OVER and OVER

WhiteRhino

I was wandering if something can be done about the map voting system... In the hardcore server, it seems we end up playing the same few maps OVER and OVER alot. I know there are only so many maps to play and you are bound to play the same maps a few times throughout a few hour window, but not the same map like 3x in a hour span (ex. Supply depot gets played waaay too much anymore and Milleniem Falcon alot also) I enjoy these maps, but many other great maps like Venice, Bremen, etc are BARELY getting played, and I play hardcore all the time, cant even remember last time Venice was played. It would be nice to limit the amt. of times a map can be played within a given time period, ex. A map can only be played twice within an hour's time, or sometime reasonable. I love the voting system, but Its starting to get abused I feel. And I dont like to see good maps get skipped while other maps are getting old fast because they're getting overplayed too often. Just a thought...

Check here MAPPOOL you can see last maps played, for your example Venice has been voted 5 hours ago, it's a vote system and but also another reality is all players don't vote or don't even pay attention to it so you have few players that play or vote only for maps they know and don't even wanna test others maps

see in the link above, 24 maps played and only 12 are most of time selected

I see what he's talking about. I'll just click and vote for random maps that say "last played: 76 maps ago"

Limiting the amount of times a map can be voted defeats the whole purpose of voting in the first place. If you go to a rotation you wont have a chance to choose. As Medic stated there is a huge map pool just imagine a rotation with 24 maps you would have to wait 12 hours to get your favorite map back.

Theres nothing you can really do about the same maps being played often.

The fact is most of the people dont vote,

*The fraggers are too busy reading thier stats.

*The nubs wanna play the maps they know.

Result: Fuel Dump, Gold Rush, Special Delivery, Supply Depot, Falcon, ETBeach. Repeat

*venice has its days, some days that lame map seems to be on 24/7

The other maps just too easy to rush.

It would be nice to have some of the maps requested and remove some of the old tired ones that are not played.

W:ET Map Requests / Feedback

You like new map which is not on our server? Want to try out a new map you may have seen or played somewhere else?

This is the place to make your request. Just make sure to follow these simple procedures to make sure we see your request.

1] Start your own thread / topic with Map Name in the title. If you want to suggest/feedback 5 maps make new topic for each map. Don't put all in one topic.

2] Specify for which server you want that map.

3] Do not make multiple threads on the same map, if one is already made, just post your comments in that thread.

4] Post links or additional information about the map, just the name alone doesnt tell us much about it, so dont expect us to research the map you want.

MOST IMP: If anyone will not follow above rule I will DELETE their map request topic. Keep the forums easily accessible rather then throwing everything in one post.

Both Negative and Positive comments ARE welcomed on any map requests you may see. If you make a comment, please clarify as why you feel that way, DONT bother with plain "It sucks" or "Its Great" comments, tell us why you feel that way .

Remember in the end you are making request. It doesn't guarantee map will be on server anytime soon.

yeah, i am with white"panzernerd"rhino. fueldump,venice,suppl,adler and temple xD i played those maps hmmm 2or3 times yesterday. i dunno why ppl vote for this. haha Ohh and the "best" map ever is falcon ^^ i am sick of this map hahahaha. but i will watch too, there are so many maps outside :D maybe we can add 1 or 2. xD

weAsel.

incoming basically said the most accurate thing. every time a certain map comes on its either whine or players stack axis. new maps would be nice, maybe get rid of two or three of the ones that have been played the least and replace with others?

The settings can be changed.

g_minMapAge [integer]How long a map is ineligible for voting, after it is played

So if we put that to 3, then we have to play 3 *other* maps before being able to play vote for the map again. I agree that the same maps are getting played over and over. We have plenty of maps on there, maybe having this setting a little bit higher (+3) to the current count would be good. Because back in the time I was playing on HC, the same rotation was getting played over and over... Each time supply was in the vote, supply was getting 9 votes. Each time delivery was in, the same process.... It was always the same maps which basically looked like a rotation. However with that setting, we would have to try other maps before being able to play those preferred maps.... But heh, the server is always full so I guess the settings work as they are...

• Administrators

Will change min age to 7. I think players always wanted to play same map over and over.

new map comes and half players leave because they don't want to learn the new map.

Started with g_minmapage 8, 2 years back and then ended up with 4.

if I make it more then 8, it's same objective cycle thing and then there is no point in keeping map voting. Map voting is there so every next map players can select map of there choice. But oh lord people don't even vote... in that case can't do much.

PS !stats will return soon with more advanced feature if all goes well in testing. :)

Its not a big deal, just thought it would be nice to have a bit more "less often played" maps in the "rotation". Its not gonna make me play Hardcore any less often... guess I'll just have to start owning people who vote same maps over and over, lolz. I think admin votes should count as 4 instead of 3, that way admins have a little more influence of map sequence, as to not have maps played "too often". I know this is prob not possible, as it may or not work. I just wanted to voice my opinion over the matter, thats all. ;D Happy Fragging! P.S. vote venice/bremen more often!

just looked at the maps , and lol tramfight is seriously unpopular :P i think that what people says bout unfamiliar maps is true - most people are happy just happy playing in same maps over and over, specially if they are fraggers and so know all the 'sweet spots' (though tbf imo tramfight is one of the most backward maps out there lol )

Limiting the amount of times a map can be voted defeats the whole purpose of voting in the first place. If you go to a rotation you wont have a chance to choose. As Medic stated there is a huge map pool just imagine a rotation with 24 maps you would have to wait 12 hours to get your favorite map back.

Disagree strongly lol not letting people vote the same maps 3 maps over and over again is not defeating the purpose of voting its just not allowing the 5-10 people (high estimation) who actually vote for a map not pick the same maps every time... its just allowing for some diversity its def. not the same as implementing a rotation. <_<

just looked at the maps , and lol tramfight is seriously unpopular :P i think that what people says bout unfamiliar maps is true - most people are happy just happy playing in same maps over and over

I agree completely. It's one of the things I don't dig about ET in general. Some of the other FPS games I've played people were always about checking out new maps. On ET...if it's new..noone wants to check it out, or figure it out. They just want Oasis, FD, G-rush, Adler, Bremen, repeat.

It gets pretty boring after awhile.