What was the last movie you watched? - Part 2

daredevil

• Platinum VIP

Well, to me, this was disappointing. The trailer makes this look like it's going to be great!

Spoiler

First off, how did they build that containment on Skull Island? No way Kong would let that happen. How did they get him on the ship?? Even if they sedated hi, how the heck did they load him on a ship!!???
Second, Godzilla moves WAY too fast. Historically, he moves slow and plodding.

Why did they age Kong so much?

And wtf, MechaGodzilla?? Really????? 

Is this current time?? That's some pretty impressive and expensive tech for the early 2000's.

Obviously, this movie had a much smaller budget than Skull Island or King of Monsters.

Godzilla wasn't menacing, as he normally is. Typically, when Godzilla is on screen, there's a sense of dread, not knowing how much damage he's going to cause. The CGI of him in the distance when he attacks the first plant looked ridiculous. Godzilla vocalization's were weak, at best. Maddie's father played no real part in the movie. I'm not sure why he was even in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Well, to me, this was disappointing. The trailer makes this look like it's going to be great!

Hide contents

First off, how did they build that containment on Skull Island? No way Kong would let that happen. How did they get him on the ship?? Even if they sedated hi, how the heck did they load him on a ship!!???
Second, Godzilla moves WAY too fast. Historically, he moves slow and plodding.

Why did they age Kong so much?

And wtf, MechaGodzilla?? Really????? 

Is this current time?? That's some pretty impressive and expensive tech for the early 2000's.

Obviously, this movie had a much smaller budget than Skull Island or King of Monsters.

Godzilla wasn't menacing, as he normally is. Typically, when Godzilla is on screen, there's a sense of dread, not knowing how much damage he's going to cause. The CGI of him in the distance when he attacks the first plant looked ridiculous. Godzilla vocalization's were weak, at best. Maddie's father played no real part in the movie. I'm not sure why he was even in it. 

not what i was expecting either.  i figured whole plot of movie out in first 15 mins.. BUT it was  a decent movie.  for like the 100th remake. its worth watching but . i wouldnt spend money to go watch it. i said same thing yeah right like there gonna get kong on a ship like that lol 

• Like 2

King of Staten Island, I was expecting a comedy, wound up being a dramedy with some unexpected depth to the story line.  I enjoyed the movie, it's playing on HBO this month.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, FRANK UK said:

Brilliant film i have not seen this one in a while

All these old movies I've been listing, I've been watching with my oldest daughter (16) who wasn't allowed to watch movies at her mom's house. Both my daughters moved in with me in February.

It's been great opening her eyes to all these great stories!

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1
  • 100 1